Will the Grand Final go back to regular time quarters?

Remove this Banner Ad

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Considering there's no next week, I can't see a reason why they can't make it back to normal

i also don't mind it's a night game this season as it's at the Gabba, the atmosphere won't be the same anyway, but I'm concerned the AFL will use it to make the case for night grand finals as the norm.

i also don't mind it's a night game this season as it's at the Gabba, the atmosphere won't be the same anyway, but I'm concerned the AFL will use it to make the case for night grand finals as the norm.
Ever heard the phrase “never waste a crisis”? The AFL are absolutely using this to make the case and i think the ship has sailed and night GF is here to stay

Ever heard the phrase “never waste a crisis”? The AFL are absolutely using this to make the case and i think the ship has sailed and night GF is here to stay

Yeah unfortunately I think that's a pretty good possibility. No other reason to try it out unless they're not testing it out. Sigh.

I don't think so. Teams have been training for shorter quarters since the change so would be a dick move to lengthen the game now.

Swings and roundabouts for certain players. Naitanui would be GOAT if the game was 10 minute quarters, Gaff's whole thing is being able to outrun opponents over 100 minutes. Etc.

Going to feel like a NAB Cup GF on steroids.

Would prefer 20 min quarters back for finals.... but I kind of get how players may not agree having been conditioned for shorter quarters this season....

Keep the * going I guess.
Why? Of all the teams in the finals WC will benefit most from the shortened quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back