Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
This is a classic example of impractical, see everybody wants to be 'included', so if you have just 'x' minority group that doesn't include 'z' then someone somewhere will throw the toys out of the cot.

Now we have a pride march and a pride group that are doing good for the community self disbanding coz someone somewhere has thrown the toys out of the cot coz someone wasn't included, then the self loathing follows suit.

Ok if that exclusion was intended then fair enough, knock yourself out, punish yourself until the end of days! Go you good thing.

But FMD there is no doubt that over representation of 'whites' or (evil) people in this organization was NOT the intent.

When are people going to grow up?

That's a really good line, when are people going to grow up?

Don't know if it was ITT or another one, but I made mention that it is really sad that people who don't have a voice or feel left out, instead of getting together and having their own group, or speaking up, see it is easier just to tear down the good that another group has. It's childish. It's petty. It's insecure. And it above all is mean-spirited.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
What do you mean? Who do you see is doing that?

Or an example closer to footy - the annual whingeing when we have Indigenous Round or Pride Round or Women's Round.

"What about the men?" they complain, and then say we shouldn't have these other themed rounds.

Whilst the rest of us who wish to support men's causes go and get involved in Movember or similar.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
That's a really good line, when are people going to grow up?

Don't know if it was ITT or another one, but I made mention that it is really sad that people who don't have a voice or feel left out, instead of getting together and having their own group, or speaking up, see it is easier just to tear down the good that another group has. It's childish. It's petty. It's insecure. And it above all is mean-spirited.

Couldn't have put it better.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a classic example of impractical, see everybody wants to be 'included', so if you have just 'x' minority group that doesn't include 'z' then someone somewhere will throw the toys out of the cot.

Now we have a pride march and a pride group that are doing good for the community self disbanding coz someone somewhere has thrown the toys out of the cot coz someone wasn't included, then the self loathing follows suit.

Ok if that exclusion was intended then fair enough, knock yourself out, punish yourself until the end of days! Go you good thing.

But FMD there is no doubt that over representation of 'whites' or (evil) people in this organization was NOT the intent.

When are people going to grow up?

If you go by the numbers then how many "QTBIPOC" people are there? If you start from a base of eliminating the 70% of the population who are white, then the 95.5% of people who don't identify as LGBT, well you are left with 1.35% of the population. So you are effectively aiming at the members of that 1.35% who don't feel like LGBTQI+ is for them.

Life of Brian strikes again:

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Why fu** up a reasonable discussion with hyperbole?

I think you'll find so called lefties are all about individualism. It's the right wingers that love their othering and hierarchies.

Got a Wikipedia argument for that? Seems at odds with modern trends.

Firstly, time has shown us pretty clearly that if anyone is getting 'lynched' in the USA, its the black guy.

Secondly, 'Black' is generally preferred. We don't call White Americans 'European Americans' do we?

Why is that?

White, caucasian, European, non-Hispanic white... there are a few terms, not something I lose sleep over.

The point is that language evolves, and in some cases is circular. 10 years ago I never would have expected "people of color" to suddenly be the PC term of the day.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
A young boy dresses up in his mother’s clothes, jewelry, shoes and make-up then thrashes the house. Surely the advertising agencies are going out of their way to create a controversy? If so, they succeeded. There were hundreds of complaints. But I don't know if the ad would have promoted the product, which was John Lewis home insurance. The ad was pulled after a few days as it was misleading.

" The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the U.K. has now ruled that the ad could mislead people, because the insurance policy does not cover a child deliberately messing up a house. "

Trying to work out how to blame this on woke SJW c.ucks ?

You don't need to!

Just drop it in the woke thread on BF and stand back.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
This entire thread is basically right wingers who don’t understand things.
You can essentially categorise the entirety of RW media strategy as a collective gish gallop; a cavalcade of incorrect accusations or misrepresentations that are diseminated en masse that would take more time to correct than it does to accuse.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
" The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the U.K. has now ruled that the ad could mislead people, because the insurance policy does not cover a child deliberately messing up a house. "

Yeah, I pointed that out already.

Trying to work out how to blame this on woke SJW c.ucks ?

It's hard to tell the difference about whether they were being woke or deliberately creating a controversy (like the Gillette MeToo ads). At the last count there had been 380 complaints.

Advertising agencies even manage to outwoke "people and culture" departments. Can you imagine the meeting with all the double barrel named arts grads.

Peanut Blossom : I know. Let's have a kid dancing round a house breaking things.​
India Juniper : Even better, let's make it a trans kid!​

If you have any doubts on their attempts to be woke check out the "diversity" on the John Lewis Men's and children's clothing websites. Ultimately John Lewis have to sign off on this crap, but the indications are that they misunderstand their own market. JL is a bit like Myer over here - reputation for quality with a premium price, and probably most customers are white.

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
A young boy dresses up in his mother’s clothes, jewelry, shoes and make-up then thrashes the house. Surely the advertising agencies are going out of their way to create a controversy? If so, they succeeded. There were hundreds of complaints. But I don't know if the ad would have promoted the product, which was John Lewis home insurance. The ad was pulled after a few days as it was misleading.

LOL, wtf did I just watch. Jeez the world has gone nuts.
And Im annoyed I had to watch an advert before seeing an advert haha

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Probably.

No.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Probably?

So is it the vibe? Or more what you think he thinks ?

Which bits probably make him transphobic?

When he talked about the trans comedian he hired and became friends with and how he mourned her death after she committed suicide a week after she defended Dave and was hounded and attacked and abused for daring to step out of line ?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Probably?

So is it the vibe? Or more what you think he thinks ?

Which bits probably make him transphobic?

When he talked about the trans comedian he hired and became friends with and how he mourned her death after she committed suicide a week after she defended Dave and was hounded and attacked and abused for daring to step out of line ?

He’s said he’s a terf.

He punches down. Weak as piss.

But he loves to pretend he’s cancelled. He knows how lucrative it is.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’s said he’s a terf.

He punches down. Weak as piss.

But he loves to pretend he’s cancelled. He knows how lucrative it is.

He also said he is a feminist. Also, he is a comedian.

Does making a joke about any given topic make you an -ist or a -phobe ?

Or just the topics which get people triggered and outraged?

He makes far more jokes about white people than anything else. So I guess he is racist.

Do we rank his -ists and -phobes in order of naughtiness? I assume noone cares about the racism towards white people - unless they are gay or trans?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
He also said he is a feminist. Also, he is a comedian.

Does making a joke about any given topic make you an -ist or a -phobe ?

Or just the topics which get people triggered and outraged?

He makes far more jokes about white people than anything else. So I guess he is racist.

Do we rank his -ists and -phobes in order of naughtiness? I assume noone cares about the racism towards white people - unless they are gay or trans?

He’s transphobic and funny. Both things are possible.

You’ve been triggered and outraged by this mythical cancel culture.

Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond

His apologists are worse. At least Dave makes money doing this, and makes people laugh. As opposed to you, virtue signalling to your grubby friends.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He’s transphobic and funny. Both things are possible.

You’ve been triggered and outraged by this mythical cancel culture.

Mythical? So there isnt a push to have Chappelle's special pulled?

His apologists are worse. At least Dave makes money doing this, and makes people laugh. As opposed to you, virtue signalling to your grubby friends.

Is it a struggle to decide which groups are good and which groups are bad, and then having to change which groups are good and which groups are bad?

Do you worry that in a few years you will find yourself in one of the bad groups because of something you said years before?

Back