World Cup 2019 Day 3 - Afghanistan v Australia - 10:30PM AEST - Sri Lanka v NZ 7:30

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree. Sydney really know how to suck the life out of a game of footy.

Enjoy the bottom 4 floggo

Meh ... our turn at the bottom ... unusual to experience a loss at the Litter Box.

Enjoy the Grohan experience... just hope your Match Committee are smart enough to not play him in Finals. Ours were not.

But back on topic, how many folk here consider Seasick Steve (always look queasy) and the Grade Cricket Slogger will be positive factors in the WC campaign.

Henry going great guns here. He looked like he was going to be taken to the cleaners by Perera but has come back really well. I was a bit concerned with no Southee but he has stepped up. Great slip catch from Guptill btw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sri Lanka are in real strife for not only this game but the tournament.

Enjoying the technical analysis from Doull and Sanga but I do wish the comms would button it every now and again.

Can't wait for De Grandhomme to enter the attack.

People don't realise how strong Afghanistan U19 cricket is at the moment.. If the development system remains, they could be a somewhat competitive country in the next 10 - 15 years. Not the 35 years it took Sri Lanka on the back of a once in a lifetime player surrounded by a sprinkle of generational players.

Afghanistan may not be there yet, but they should come good. And it will help galvanise the country and the sport of cricket.
I was working in the NATO Operations centre during the last 2016 World Cup in 2016.

Afghanistan if I remember correctly won their first game, and were in with a shot to make the finals if they won their second. They were beaten, but not disgraced.

All of the NATO staff were cheering them on, even the Yanks who as usual had NFI.

The Government of Afghanistan actually put out a warning for the population not to fire their weapons into the air; apparently the rain of lead had led to some deaths previously.

Go Afghans. Inshallah.

English grounds are unreal. I just counted 26 pitches on the square in the SL vs NZ game.

Some like The Oval have the square extend right the way across the playing surface. Cardiff is a very unusual shape but it's come a long way as a venue even if it has rightly been taken out of the test rotation.

As an aside, when I went to Australia it was a massive privilege to step onto the WACA and be right up next to the square as the groundsman was preparing the wicket for the Ashes test even though it was only July.

Looks like Chief has once again entrusted me with the new ball. :thumbsu:

giphy.gif

Some like The Oval have the square extend right the way across the playing surface. Cardiff is a very unusual shape but it's come a long way as a venue even if it has rightly been taken out of the test rotation.

As an aside, when I went to Australia it was a massive privilege to step onto the WACA and be right up next to the square as the groundsman was preparing the wicket for the Ashes test even though it was only July.
I have a few English cricketing mates and they say they use the decks close to the boundries for corporate events etc. that hire out the grounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back