Coach Worsfold - On the brink?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many of our players would get a game at Hawthorn? Genuine question.

I would take 10 of them in a heartbeat. Merrett, Smith, Hurley, Shiel, Heppell, Fantasia, Saad, Mcgrath, Danniher and someone else not named Stringer.

And Hawthorn still would not win a premiership. They'd be a lot better. But neither club has Dusty Martin's or a Dangerfield on their list who can tear games apart. And you need a handful of those. Not even Dusty can get it done without his gun mates who are all injured.

it is an indisputable fact that you need top end talent as well as exceptional depth to win premierships and Essendon (and Hawthorn) don't have enough of either.

Danniher is injured forever and the rest are low sugar vanilla.

Yet Vorpal is the best player ever drafted according to BF hawthorn.

Merrett runs rings around him and hits a target after doing so.

Your coach would give his right knacker for Hooker, Hurley or Francis with the lack of KPP talent on the Hawthorn list.

Shiel chose not to go to Hawthorn as he could see what the rest of the footy world can which is many years of "middle of the road".

Last edited:

I would take 10 of them in a heartbeat. Merrett, Smith, Hurley, Shiel, Heppell, Fantasia, Saad, Mcgrath, Danniher and someone else not named Stringer.

And Hawthorn still would not win a premiership. They'd be a lot better. But neither club has Dusty Martin's or a Dangerfield on their list who can tear games apart. And you need a handful of those. Not even Dusty can get it done without his gun mates who are all injured.

it is an indisputable fact that you need top end talent as well as exceptional depth to win premierships and Essendon (and Hawthorn) don't have enough of either.
I'd put a few bob on the Essendon Hawks to win a flag. Especially if Mitchell is back. Would be some forward line.

I have assumed Clarko is coaching.

The fact that Lloyd is still in the media is a sad reflection on afl media.
He is a drama queen that deliberately says things to make more drama.
If he was a true Essendon supporter he wouldnt of brought this heat onto the club.

Driving down Nepean Highway, the dickhead nearly walked in front of my car with his ******* kids NOWHERE near a set of lights, then has the audacity to scream at me like I was the moron blindly walking across an 8 lane road you're not meant to walk. EVER.

campaigner of the highest order.

If Clarko was our coach he would have our list challenging without question for me. And I bet his best 22 would be different to what people would expect including me.

I just don't see Woosha challenging our players enough to become better, watch him bring Myers and/or Baguley back in this week.

Bombers have got an over rated list and impatient fanbase. Reality is Woosha is getting a fair bit out of an average at best list. Maybe 3 A graders in Fantasia, Shiel and Smith. A smattering of B graders and the rest are plodders. Seriously. Plodders.
And why does Dodoro escape scrutiny? The guy is teflon it seems. Woosha deserves one more year. The call shouldn’t be made on him till 2020.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Bombers have got an over rated list and impatient fanbase. Reality is Woosha is getting a fair bit out of an average at best list. Maybe 3 A graders in Fantasia, Shiel and Smith. A smattering of B graders and the rest are plodders. Seriously. Plodders.
And why does Dodoro escape scrutiny? The guy is teflon it seems. Woosha deserves one more year. The call shouldn’t be made on him till 2020.

Your team is full of B graders and plodders but your coaches have implemented a system that allows them to shine, We need that system and it seems that Worsfold and friends are struggling to do it.

A style similar to the Tigers might suit the Bombers. They have speed, quality small forwards and good key defenders. Obviously would be better with Daniher being the key forward but I am sure they can find someone to bring the ball to ground. Stringer can match Caddy as the 2nd tall.

Your team is full of B graders and plodders but your coaches have implemented a system that allows them to shine, We need that system and it seems that Worsfold and friends are struggling to do it.
The interesting thing about the Bombers, and what was emphasised again last week against us, is that when the game is played on Essendon's terms they look a million bucks. For a period in the last quarter Essendon looked great.

Unfortunately for Woosha though, top 8 teams aren't going to let you play on your terms, at least not for 4 quarters. Alot of the time it's wet or windy or you are playing interstate, or the other team is bringing the pressure. And in those times it seems Essendon invariably go to water.

Whether it's your gameplan, or your lack of quality players is hard to tell. Probably a bit of both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, rubbish statement. Take the emotional element out and look at your list.
Our lists are so far apart you can’t even compare the two.
You haven’t won a final since 2004. How many finals appearances since?
Seriously, Heppel, Hurley, Saad, Stringer, Tippa those type of guys are B grade. You know why? They are inconsistent.
Zaharackis, Bellchambers and a heap of others are worse.
You got 3 A graders/4 max.
It’s not all on the coach.

The fact that Lloyd is still in the media is a sad reflection on afl media.
He is a drama queen that deliberately says things to make more drama.
If he was a true Essendon supporter he wouldnt of brought this heat onto the club.

So the guy that played over two hundred games, kicked over 900 goals, 5 times AA, AFL Hall of Fame and played with injuries and injections like most players (all for Essendon), isn't a true Essendon supporter, but the huge burden of buying a yearly membership makes you a true Tigers supporter.

Whether he is right or wrong, maybe he is speaking up cause like most former champions of their club, they want them to be doing well.

I mean seriously, every ******* year we hear the same ol same olds talking up Essendon, top 4, blah, blah, blah. Don’t worry about winning a final, how about they make the finals for a change and go from there.

A style similar to the Tigers might suit the Bombers. They have speed, quality small forwards and good key defenders. Obviously would be better with Daniher being the key forward but I am sure they can find someone to bring the ball to ground. Stringer can match Caddy as the 2nd tall.

They've tried to implement our style from last year, just lacking a bit of class and work ethic

Mate, rubbish statement. Take the emotional element out and look at your list.
Our lists are so far apart you can’t even compare the two.
You haven’t won a final since 2004. How many finals appearances since?
Seriously, Heppel, Hurley, Saad, Stringer, Tippa those type of guys are B grade. You know why? They are inconsistent.
Zaharackis, Bellchambers and a heap of others are worse.
You got 3 A graders/4 max.
It’s not all on the coach.

This is the whole point.

Essendon don't have a midfielder as good as Dusty or Cotchin.
Essendon don't have a forward as good as Reivoldt.
Essendon don't have a back as good as Rance.

And Richmond needed every one of them up and firing having career best years to win a premiership. The following year they were a tad off their 2017 form and that cost them massively.

You need to be very very VERY good.

And Essendon are not very good. Period.

see thats the problem you and most opposition supporters have - there's a bit more to us than that

see thats the problem you and most opposition supporters have - there's a bit more to us than that
We win a premiership, our players win Brownlows and All Australian positions and people still think we're full of B grade plodders.

It's bloody fantastic!

This, Dodoro seems to escape any sort of criticism ever. I am not saying he hasn't been horrible but never hear a negative word about him.

Other than he supposedly hard to deal with.

So many coaches could be on their way out quickly at this rate, wouldn't want the left overs of a coaching pool....

This is the whole point.

Essendon don't have a midfielder as good as Dusty or Cotchin.
Essendon don't have a forward as good as Reivoldt.
Essendon don't have a back as good as Rance.

And Richmond needed every one of them up and firing having career best years to win a premiership. The following year they were a tad off their 2017 form and that cost them massively.

You need to be very very VERY good.

And Essendon are not very good. Period.

His point was we won a flag with plodders. Dumb statement. You also don’t have defenders as good as Vlaustin or Grimes, flankers like Edwards, Caddy, Costagna or Rioli, or onballers like Prestia and Lambert playing under Dusty or Cotch. Lynch was a bonus.
Up to now, we have won the most games of any club in the league since 2017.
I think Woosha is getting a fair bit out of an average list. You should have 2 more wins but that was on the umpires, not the players. Add those wins on and your in the top 8.

Essendon supporters, in general, don't seem to have accepted their descent into mediocrity very well.

EFCsupporters still seem to think the Sheedy/Hird/Lloyd wonder years never ended. Or never should have.

Reality is, most clubs are mediocre now. Including EFC (and NMFC for that matter).

This isn't Woosha's fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back