Roast Worst Geelong loss you have experienced as a fan

Worst Cats loss you have experienced as a fan?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

it is odd... i dont quite understand why either.

but i want to. i love an underdog, first finals win in 16 years, massive atmosphere. might just watch the last quarter, but would like to experience it with commentary, crowd noise etc.

I still maintain you're a complete nut job :p

I never rewatch losses. But then again i dont really re watch the wins either..

I'd rank the 2013 PF as one of the worst. We had that game almost on ice when Caddy kicked a goal with about 10 minutes of play remaining. But then the Hawks lifted the pressure and we went to water. It was very un-Geelong like (but in hindsight, probably a sign of things to come in the Scott era). That last 15 seconds when the Hawthorn supporters knew they had won and went mental was among the worst experiences I have had at a game. It's an interesting "what-if" because not only would we have had a shot at a 4th flag in 6 years, but I reckon we would've broken the Hawks had we got them yet again. Beating us was a real mental demon for them prior to the three-peat.

Tonight was kind of meh for me.

Which year did we lose to the Hawks in a Prelim? 2013? 20-something up at 3QT. That one hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah, we had lost to Freo at Kardinia the first week of finals. I wasn't confident. Last night hurt. We had a golden ticket to a gf and gave it to a team that hasn't beaten us in 11 years.

9 goals up in the third quarter mate.
I went mental in the outer, seriously mental.
I was watching a delayed free to air where a "work mate" who barracked for Richmond was watching it live and took great joy in "giving me a heads up". I guess, since I knew it was coming, it wasn't that bad.

What did they say to you?
Pretty much everything from calling me a campaigner to "enjoy straight sets"

I left with about 2 mins to go to chants of "bye losers"

I'm not an overly loud supporter either.

I expected last years preliminary final but the 2013 prelim was the most bitter I've ever been over a game of footy.

Last night was the first time I've ever felt embarrassed to support this club and it makes me feel physically ill that we won't change because under this current club management we are content with just making up the numbers in the 8.

2008 GF I didn't really care cause I was 11; I got over it after a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're a better person than me because whilst I'm not a loud supporter if I would've copped that I would've said something back that was unforgivable.

I expected last years preliminary final but the 2013 prelim was the most bitter I've ever been over a game of footy.

Last night was the first time I've ever felt embarrassed to support this club and it makes me feel physically ill that we won't change because under this current club management we are content with just making up the numbers in the 8.

2008 GF I didn't really care cause I was 11; I got over it after a week.
Have to agree with the mediocrity that has crept into the club. Make the eight and membership may well be maintained. Could be put down to laziness and people, like the CEO who have been there for too long. Interesting that the President, who is a guru of Governance, does not follow best practice in turning over Board Members and CEOs at 9 year which is the new standard.

9 goals up in the third quarter mate.
I went mental in the outer, seriously mental.
Also just that it summarised everything about Geelong up until that point in time (for those not following this thread, 2006 vs West Coast). Throughout the 90s, as a soft bloody club, we kept dropping massive leads (see 1993 for examples) and cracking when it mattered. in 2004, we had a breakout year with an obviously talented group, but from that point on we seemed to go backwards. 2006 was a s**t year and that was the worst it got, unless you're Tom Lonergan.

Sydney 14 was an incredible team and the West Coast 15 team was fairly strong too, granted Fremantle 13 was a fairly weak team but you still have to win it. History will always show you couldn't defend 1 premiership whereas Hawthorn went b2b2b, I'm not being rude thats just fact.
The 2014 match I was rooting for you guys because f*** COLA and losing your best player to the other team. Plus you had injury after injury all year.

Can't deny it wanted the two WA teams to beat you though, didn't expect them to.

Pathetic.

I was in M33- had no problems at all.

I walked out (early) with a massive smile on my face- mainly to show them that it doesnt bother you. If you crack the shits, etc, thats the dumbest thing you can do imo.

But yeah what you described, no one deserves that s**t.

cept Hawks supporters.

You're a better person than me because whilst I'm not a loud supporter if I would've copped that I would've said something back that was unforgivable.

Pathetic.

I was in M33- had no problems at all.

I walked out (early) with a massive smile on my face- mainly to show them that it doesnt bother you. If you crack the shits, etc, thats the dumbest thing you can do imo.

But yeah what you described, no one deserves that s**t.

cept Hawks supporters.
I was in M17, I reckon there was about 10 Cats supporters total in the bay and I was sitting with about 7 of them so we were definitely targets once the game was won. I had my very new partner with me so wasn't ready to get in a back and forth in front of her. Pretty unfortunate that supporters can be such sore winners. When the Cats win I'm usually so happy I don't even notice the opposition supporters.

I was in M17, I reckon there was about 10 Cats supporters total in the bay and I was sitting with about 7 of them so we were definitely targets once the game was won. I had my very new partner with me so wasn't ready to get in a back and forth in front of her. Pretty unfortunate that supporters can be such sore winners. When the Cats win I'm usually so happy I don't even notice the opposition supporters.

M33 was full of Geelong supporters- but tbh either side of us was totally Richmond.

We tried to be loud tho- did you hear us chanting at all?!?!

We tried. :(

And yeah same- the last line of your post.

M33 was full of Geelong supporters- but tbh either side of us was totally Richmond.

We tried to be loud tho- did you hear us chanting at all?!?!

We tried. :(

And yeah same- the last line of your post.
Yeah I heard chants in the second and third but overall we were very outnumbered

Back