Worst Indigenous Round Guernsey Ever???

Remove this Banner Ad

s2Y5oOwl.jpg cm8lUaPl.jpg
North Melbourne's looks like they have just super imposed a Pacman screen shot on the top right hand side or am I seeing things:huh::huh:

Geelong have put in minimal effort with theirs not really sure what it is trying to represent?? Also looks to me like it belongs as part of a 1920's swim suit with some nice frilly bloomers worn on the bottom.

View attachment 250452 View attachment 250450
North Melbourne's looks like they have just super imposed a Pacman screen shot on the top right hand side or am I seeing things:huh::huh:

Geelong have put in minimal effort with theirs not really sure what it is trying to represent?? Also looks to me like it belongs as part of a 1920's swim suit with some nice frilly bloomers worn on the bottom.

I've never seen right angles in Aboriginal art before, so perhaps it's quite rare, which is kinda cool. Looks South/Central American. Not that I'm any sort of expert.

Their regular guernsey already looks like that

9travel-beach-getty-590-tm-120811.jpg

Tbh we are probably responsible for the top five worst jumpers of all time :p
To be honest I thought this Hawks heritage jumper was pretty good:

upload_2016-5-25_14-43-0.png

Can't quite put my finger on why...

Lions and GC actually look better than their current jumpers, which isn't hard.

There's no better looking jumper than the current Brisbane Lions jumper.

Oh, except for this one.

Front-Fitz.gif

Alright

Understand what the jumper means instead of looking at what it looks like

People put their heart and sole into designs, usually from Aboriginal players on the list

Ok go to your cupboard and have a look, at what you wear everyday ...Maybe you need to have a look at yourselves before criticising

It's culturally insensitive to be criticising these jumpers as they are usually a story behind them

Was in agreement with you until the last line. If you want to label this as "culturally insensitive", then surely that phrase loses a lot of "umphf". As long as there is still respect for the culture, and it's differences, it's still okay to criticize the aesthetics of it. Because who can help but feel what they feel? It's not like people can choose what they find ugly or attractive.

Tbh we are probably responsible for the top five worst jumpers of all time :p
And still gunning to represent the top 10.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ahh yes, it must be indigenous round. the annual wankathon of reconciliation, where Essendon and Richmond can put on a themed match because their club colours combined are coincidently the same as the the aboriginal flag, where other clubs have an excuse to wear a fancy dress guernsey with indigenous designs as if it's the green light for costumed themed party, and the AFL and supporters can give themselves a warm and fuzzy feeling of inclusiveness for a whole week.

let's not mention how the AFL allowed supporters to drive out one of the greatest indigenous players of all time from the game, just for celebrating his indigenous heritage the other 51 weeks in the year too.

Its just not Goode enough, is it?

At least the Giants kept something from their own jumper, nothing on this to say its a Hawks jumper. other than obvious sponsor and afl brandings.

Can't say I care for ours or a lot of the others but the GWS one is definitely worse IMO.

View attachment 250452 View attachment 250450
North Melbourne's looks like they have just super imposed a Pacman screen shot on the top right hand side or am I seeing things

I quite like our jumper, can watch the video on AFL 360 when the artist describes the jumper creation process, it isn't a pacman screen shot but incorporates some indigenous artwork.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/video/2016-05-25/may-24-2016-wells-sarrita-king-on-afl-360-fox

it's one round, everyone relax, the prime minister isn't buying it for the national gallery.

They're supposed to look unique and different. You should try not getting angry about everything once and while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back