WrestleMania 38 - Sunday 3rd April & Monday 4th April 2022 10am AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh *. That's the first time I've seen that - I'm not a doctor, but I've seen heaps of sports injuries, and that looks like the triceps has come off the bone and started curling up.

For a show I wasn't going to watch, today in particular was... well, something!

I didn't watch everything yesterday, I was a bit tired from the 5 indie shows I'd watched.

- I loved the Beychella inspired entrance from Belair. And while I doubt this will be a popular opinion, I thought this was the best match of the 2 nights.

- I'm not getting too carried away by the Rhodes pop. The WM crowd is the smarkiest of smark crowds - it's the one crowd of the year where they could've guaranteed a huge pop, and I daresay it's why they didn't debut him before WM. I haven't been watching WWE - Rollins is ******* insufferable! I hate this whole character. Decent match though.

- Charlotte is, on reflection, one of the reasons I stopped watching WWE. They have so much talent that is more charismatic than her, tell better stories than her, and are better looking than her. I didn't love this match.

- Owens and Austin was very cool to watch, but holy s**t the rapid cuts for every strike was giving me motion sickness. So far as a walk and brawl goes, this was pretty good just cos the crowd loved it so much. I loved the stupid grin Owens had before the segment even started - you could tell it was already the best night of his wrestling life.

- Sami Zayn is amazing. For the first 10ish years of his wrestling career the only thing he said was "Si!". Now he's completely underrated as a worker because his character work is so amazing. This was a Bret Hart/Tom Magee level carry job in one of the most entertaining matches on the show. I had no interest in this going in, but Zayn is so good.

- Loved Edge's entrance that seemed to be pointing to his rumoured new faction being in the Brood mould. Can't fathom how Styles busted himself open in the entrance. And I know that Edge is semi-part time and the aim is to give Priest and whoever else a rub. But AJ has become such a main event jobber, it's really disappointing to watch.

- Macafee can do some amazing stuff for a non-wrestler. I'd love to see him compete more. This was storyline more than anything, but up until Macafee pinned Theory this was good.

- And then it got horrendous. I know he's still the most jacked 70 something in the world, but he didn't look good right from the entrance. The Billionaire Strut has kind of become the Danhausen shuffle. And did he have a stroke when Austin was trying to stun him? I rewound it, he didn't get him in the nuts like Saxton said he did a couple of years ago. And Vince must've taken thousands of stunners before. So wtf was this? I didn't laugh like most of the internet seemed to, I just felt sad.

- There's not much to say about Lesnar and Reigns. It's the same match we've seen at 3 WMs - even the heel/face dynamic didn't really change things too much. Tell you what though - looking at that photo above, and being able to instantaneously see that triceps injury, I feel like they've made a horrible decision in rushing to go home and having Reigns win.

They weren't 10 out of 10 shows. There was still a lot of skippable s**t. Showing the night 2 promos on night 1 & 2 was annoying.

But I thought today in particular was eminently watchable, fun, and quite diverse in the action it presented.

Last edited:
Apparently he cut his face on part of the stage. We immediately heard that it was a pyro mishap, but apparently it wasn’t pyro. He slashed his cheek open on something, and boy he came to the ring and he was pissed off. Aj styles injury not pyro related

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Roman Reigns ever going to put on a great match? Guy has had 3 ppv matches this year and stunk the joint out for all 3.

His last TV match was in December, a squash vs Sami Zayn. He's just getting by cutting the same promos on Smackdown every week.

2005-07 era John Cena, who I despised, looks way better by comparison.
Finish was garbage but the match against Seth was very good. He can have better matches, Brock is just not a great opponent for him and any match between them will seem plodding.

I think that if the plan before the show was for this interaction to blow off 25 years of Austin/McMahon, it couldn't have been after that stunner.

Surely if they're blowing it off they'll redux it on Raw.

Looks like I’m in the minority of people liking the Edge AJ match. Different from anything else over the weekend. Methodical, great selling by both guys. It wasn’t an all time classic but I enjoyed it.
Yeah I agree, was a good change of pace compared to the rest of the card before. Ended too early though

For a show I wasn't going to watch, today in particular was... well, something!

I didn't watch everything yesterday, I was a bit tired from the 5 indie shows I'd watched.

- I loved the Beychella inspired entrance from Belair. And while I doubt this will be a popular opinion, I thought this was the best match of the 2 nights.

- I'm not getting too carried away by the Rhodes pop. The WM crowd is the smarkiest of smark crowds - it's the one crowd of the year where they could've guaranteed a huge pop, and I daresay it's why they didn't debut him before WM. I haven't been watching WWE - Rollins is ******* insufferable! I hate this whole character. Decent match though.

- Charlotte is, on reflection, one of the reasons I stopped watching WWE. They have so much talent that is more charismatic than her, tell better stories than her, and are better looking than her. I didn't love this match.

- Owens and Austin was very cool to watch, but holy s**t the rapid cuts for every strike was giving me motion sickness. So far as a walk and brawl goes, this was pretty good just cos the crowd loved it so much. I loved the stupid grin Owens had before the segment even started - you could tell it was already the best night of his wrestling life.

- Sami Zayn is amazing. For the first 10ish years of his wrestling career the only thing he said was "Si!". Now he's completely underrated as a worker because his character work is so amazing. This was a Bret Hart/Tom Magee level carry job in one of the most entertaining matches on the show. I had no interest in this going in, but Zayn is so good.

- Loved Edge's entrance that seemed to be pointing to his rumoured new faction being in the Brood mould. Can't fathom how Styles busted himself open in the entrance. And I know that Edge is semi-part time and the aim is to give Priest and whoever else a rub. But AJ has become such a main event jobber, it's really disappointing to watch.

- Macafee can do some amazing stuff for a non-wrestler. I'd love to see him compete more. This was storyline more than anything, but up until Macafee pinned Theory this was good.

- And then it got horrendous. I know he's still the most jacked 70 something in the world, but he didn't look good right from the entrance. The Billionaire Strut has kind of become the Danhausen shuffle. And did he have a stroke when Austin was trying to stun him? I rewound it, he didn't get him in the nuts like Saxton said he did a couple of years ago. And Vince must've taken thousands of stunners before. So wtf was this? I didn't laugh like most of the internet seemed to, I just felt sad.

- There's not much to say about Lesnar and Reigns. It's the same match we've seen at 3 WMs - even the heel/face dynamic didn't really change things too much. Tell you what though - looking at that photo above, and being able to instantaneously see that triceps injury, I feel like they've made a horrible decision in rushing to go home and having Reigns win.

They weren't 10 out of 10 shows. There was still a lot of skippable s**t. Showing the night 2 promos on night 1 & 2 was annoying.

But I thought today in particular was eminently watchable, fun, and quite diverse in the action it presented.
Good review 👍. I too liked the Macafee match until Vince got in the ring. Ruined it for me and simultaneously buried Theory.
Cody / Seth match was excellent, Cody has really done a great job in elevating himself as a well rounded wrestler in the time he’s been out of the WWE.
Sami Zayn was the best performance of the night for me. He absolutely carried that match with great expressions and timing. It had no right to be that good and most other wrestlers would have made that match a botchy mess.
Omos will be gone in the next round of future endeavors. WWE don’t keep guys like him for long.
You could realistically condense all the good stuff into a great 1 night Wrestlemania.

You have to remember that McAfee carried Adam Cole and outshone him in every way during their feud in NXT, Pat is a natural and ******* fantastic.

Adam Cole did a ******* amazing job making this look this way.

Cole made him look a billion bucks and carried the match and feud in such sophisticated ways as to make himself look understated. He was brilliant.

Oh, I agree on the MacAfee match until the Vince stuff.

Appreciate the retirement of Trips to start the show but that should have been the extent of the McMahon family self-glamorising because it was deserved.

All this has done has make Austin Theory the Chosen One 2.0. Waiting for him to go to waste for a few years before getting released. What a waste of young talent. Unfortunately, not everyone transforms themselves McIntyre style.

I'm stunned (and not a botched one) at the praise night 2 is getting from people on here.

Night 1 was the best WWE event I've watched since Survivor Series 2018.
Night 2 was an absolute mess that couldn't be saved by a hot opener, a great celebrity spotfest and a tremendous Edge/Styles match.

WHAT WAS THAT VINCE THING!?
WHAT IS OMOS?
WHY DID THE WOMENS MATCH LOOK LIKE THEY PUT IT TOGETHER 5 MINUTES BEFOREHAND?
WHY ARE WE STILL WATCHING BROCK VS ROMAN?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back