Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

The biggest problem is that it was trumpeted as the first random controlled study with large numbers but was basically a anonymous Internet survey that only had 34% of it's treatment group actually test positive for the virus. Poorly designed and poorly executed but although significance wasn't achieved with the results showing a better result with HCQ, this should have been strong encouragement to proceed with additional higher powered RCTs.

But no! Instead the NIH decided to focus on a new trial evaluating remdesivir plus baricitinib (another “novel” patented drug).

This is a summary of 79 current world wide studies of HCQ showing 100% effectiveness when given early when contracting the virus. Some of these use zinc as well.
View attachment 942008
I thought it was only published recently (the data was from March/April); agree it should be further study with right study design.

Seriously, that is a conspiracy site full of antivaxxers, not a medical site. If you believe them, you will believe anything.

The ID society in the US has removed HCQ from it official guidelines https://www.idsociety.org/practice-guideline/covid-19-guideline-treatment-and-management/#toc-3

Ask yourself, why would there be a conspiracy amongst the vast majority of doctors, across many countries, to deny people HCQ if it was effective in Covid19?
The skipper study was published in annals of internal medicine (not a conspiracy site)

The skipper study was published in annals of internal medicine (not a conspiracy site)
Skipper study from March 22 I think to sometime in May, was really inconclusive , and what I read, never mentioned Zinc.
And it appeared that the volunteers, not all seemed to finish any trial convincigly and testing for it was fl;awed because of lack of testing kits at the time!!!
Now I may have read some different report, annals of something or other, sorry for the vagueness it was full of words and statistics and graphs , which I am sick of. And explanations for laymen are not there, and rules for peer checking etc may mean that one little figure can change an opinion , with this unknown, if it is wrong then everyone loses. And politicians crap themselves?
But it made me think once again further studies need to be done , because we might have something, especially with the doubt about vaccines, that is the problem with the whole vaccination quick trials.
Remember its August now!
I heard my info only in the last three weeks, so there is time for differences of opinion to have developed, June July and August, has any politician re visited this? Or is that it too hard?
And if they did, where is the information for the public??? Think on that ?
We kick the media in the teeth and some deserve it, but when something rings with a bit of truth or could be something, we tend to just put head in hole!

Obviously you believe that we all should be sh*t down in Melbourne?

And destroying the economy around the world coz of a fake pandemic.

While you don’t give a fu** about millions of people dying of starvation and that number is only growing cause of the elitist royals bankers
Neither do you, you're just using it as a whataboutism

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aren't you the one who keeps saying keep the politics out of this thread? like about 50 times?

That was before their were dead bodies on Victorian politicians hands.

How did we get to the she Skipper study?
In any case it showed no benefit.
And how is the US doing in preventing and treating covid? According to Trump who produced a large graph showing very good results of covid recoveries per numbers of people infected, they're doing OK.

I read the individual studies and amazed you think "Solidarity" and Minnestoa trials are examples of conclusive RCTs! They couldn't be further from it.

There are many excellent world wide observational studies on HCQ (see beleow), and some smaller RCTs with Zn that show significant effectiveness when used early.

More RCT's need and should be done.

Arshad et al. show evidence for reduced mortality in COVID-19 patients taking hydroxychloroquine alone or with azithromycin in an observational study in the USA Arshad et al., 2020
A total of 539 COVID-19 hospitalized patients were included in our cohort in Milan, from February 24 to May 17, 2020, of whom 174 died in hospital (day 14 probability of death: 29.5% – 95%CI: 25.5–34.0). We divided a subset of our cohort into three groups who started treatment a median of 1 day after admission: those receiving hydroxychloroquine alone (N = 197), those receiving hydroxycholoroquine + azithromycin (N = 94), and those receiving neither (controls) (N = 92). Of the latter group, ten started HIV antivirals (boosted-lopinavir or –darunavir), one teicoplanin, twelve immunomodulatory drugs, or corticosteroids, 23 heparin and 46 remained untreated. The percent of death in the three groups was 27%, 23%, and 51%. Mechanical ventilation was used in 4.3% of hydroxychloroquine, 14.2% of hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, and 26.1% of controls. Unweighted and weighted relative hazards of mortality are shown in Table 1. After adjusting for several key confounders (see table), the use of hydroxycholoroquine + azithromycin was associated with a 66% reduction in risk of death as compared to controls; the analysis also suggested more substantial effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine in patients with less severe COVID-19 disease (PO2/FiO2 > 300, interaction p-value <0.0001). Our results are remarkably similar to those shown by Arshad et al.

IMO the most exciting research at the moment is on T cells.

I don't think Mr Trump is telling the truth. - https://www.factcheck.org/2020/08/trumps-missteps-on-covid-19-mortality/ The US is not doing OK. If that's OK I would hate to see terrible.

The Arshad study is the 'Henry Ford' one isn't it? It's a piece of crap and is discredited. IIRC 77% of HCQ treatment group got steroids and 36% of the no HCQ treatment patients got steroids, there is your mortality difference, patients who got steroids, more survived. No need to invoke snake oil. We know steroids reduce mortality in sick patients with Covid19 by a third. There are other problems with patient matching, too. The authors fail to disclose this flaw, as they should.

I can't follow the other 'article' because it's not an article, it's a letter to a journal. I can't discuss it with any confidence as the authors don't provide the data needed to understand and evaluate it. It becomes essentially meaningless, noise.

Not the way you ”explain” it.

Richard Feynman you are not.

No arguments here.

I don't claim to have any gift to communicate with the stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back