Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

Leading epidemiologists predict the state will move to a “smart masking” policy and use common sense to dictate when they will be worn.

About time common sense entered the discussion...

Even Andrews' cabinet is now apposing his bullshit rule, which should have been gone in regional Vic months ago.

About time common sense entered the discussion...

Even Andrews' cabinet is now apposing his bullshit rule, which should have been gone in regional Vic months ago.
Common sense - can the people who wouldn't isolate when tested positive be trusted to wear masks "when appropriate"?

Agree it's certainly BS in regional areas but if you trust people to do the right thing, there'll be a percentage who won't. Will the police still be patrolling, and how will they decide if a mask should or shouldn't be worn?

Will the police still be patrolling, and how will they decide if a mask should or shouldn't be worn?
The cops are not patrolling now, i don't wear one and i had two cops see me and they kept on walking straight past me and this was inside a shopping centre, it's almost like they know anyone not wearing one is a waste of time considering DHHS gave everyone an out to not wear one.

The people have spoken re masks. They're gone already outdoors from what I've seen last week.
It's become lax to the point of being pointless. People crowded together in shopping centres with masks off or around their chins. If anyone has the virus there, it's spreading. So we have to hope cases have gone down enough that such an event is unlikely.

Targeted rules on mask use would probably be more effective now. People don't see the point in the exercise when they're in large, open spaces/outside, but if you specified they needed to be worn properly when in confined indoor spaces, perhaps there'd be greater compliance and the greater possibility for enforcement. Public transport, for instance, is one context in which they should continue to be necessary for a while, and there are ways to enforce that (refuse boarding by drivers, inspectors can monitor). Obviously needs to remain in place in high-risk work environments as well.

The people have spoken re masks. They're gone already outdoors from what I've seen last week.

Yep those without a clue have decided , that if there are any isolated outbreaks, they are going to be the ones to spread it. No different to what they decided throughout the lockdown.

It's become lax to the point of being pointless. People crowded together in shopping centres with masks off or around their chins. If anyone has the virus there, it's spreading. So we have to hope cases have gone down enough that such an event is unlikely.

Targeted rules on mask use would probably be more effective now. People don't see the point in the exercise when they're in large, open spaces/outside, but if you specified they needed to be worn properly when in confined indoor spaces, perhaps there'd be greater compliance and the greater possibility for enforcement. Public transport, for instance, is one context in which they should continue to be necessary for a while, and there are ways to enforce that (refuse boarding by drivers, inspectors can monitor). Obviously needs to remain in place in high-risk work environments as well.

I'd love to be close to someone booked for not wearing a mask properly.
I really want to hear the bullshit reason for not covering the nose.
Then there are the ones who totally don't get the point. They walk into the shops from outside wearing their mask, they are walking around shopping with their mask. "Oh there's my friend Karen " Takes mask off to stand and chat to Karen.

With another 0 tomorrow as you would expect, what restrictions will actually remain still other than border closures? Mask wearing inside not eating/drinking? Restaurant and pub limits increased to maximum of 50? Gym's open but limit of 20 people at a time? Everything else back to normal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to be per sqr metre... My gym is 3 or 4 times the size of others around here. Lazy, poorly thought out.
Yeah but to be honest if you are going gym, covid shouldn't affect you anyway so why have a limit

Christian preacher who said unmarried sex causes coronavirus dies from coronavirus

As the coronavirus pandemic raged back in March, End Times preacher Irvin Baxter appeared on televangelist Jim Bakker’s show to rail against people who participate in pre-marital sex, saying the pandemic may be a “wake-up call” sent by God to punish fornicators. But in a press release issued on Election Day, Baxter’s ministry announced that he had succumbed to the virus.

“It is with deep grief that we announce the passing of Irvin Baxter. Though, we find comfort in knowing that he has without a doubt entered his great reward. He was 75,” the announcement read.

I suppose they have to wait for a couple of weeks after the last active case to be absolutely sure there is none left...but it sure feels like it is done and dusted atm here in Vic. Hopefully the plans for returned travellers is idiot proof this time and none manages to get down from NSW, and life can keep heading back towards a more normal way. Been very hard for many. Still can't get the image out of my head of a very old lady leaving the supermarket with a plastic bag on her head. (If I had a spare packet of masks on me, or even a spare one they were hers).

I suppose they have to wait for a couple of weeks after the last active case to be absolutely sure there is none left...but it sure feels like it is done and dusted atm here in Vic. Hopefully the plans for returned travellers is idiot proof this time and none manages to get down from NSW, and life can keep heading back towards a more normal way. Been very hard for many. Still can't get the image out of my head of a very old lady leaving the supermarket with a plastic bag on her head. (If I had a spare packet of masks on me, or even a spare one they were hers).
No, no.

Remember these quotes:

"These targets were unachievable" ..

"a roadmap to misery"..

"based on cherry picked experts".. ..

"a worst case scenario"

We haven't had updated data since the 28th, but back the Colac, Altona, and Kilmore sewerage plants were still getting +ve covid samples.

Until it's no longer in our waste water, we have to assume it's still in the community

We haven't had updated data since the 28th, but back the Colac, Altona, and Kilmore sewerage plants were still getting +ve covid samples.

Until it's no longer in our waste water, we have to assume it's still in the community
We've heard that people can shed the virus for a while...do those tests pick this up as well? or just contagious virus?

We've heard that people can shed the virus for a while...do those tests pick this up as well? or just contagious virus?

They pick up any of the virus dna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back