Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - HCQ doesn't work - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is continued in Part 4:

OggqhkCLAK-12.png

That Winnie would give anyone the Poohs.

He killed Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore and Christopher Robin. That's not jam on his paws/claws.

Where do you suppose it will come from ?

Ah gee I dunno. International travel? *ups?

You know that when you are not following your rules, you are part of the problem , not part of the solution.

Yeah my wife and I travelling 8 minutes by car from where we live to the house we bought to work on it together is a real threat to the Nation's health.

Maybe the cleaner did have contact with an infected person and didn't realise it.
Maybe the cleaner had contact with an infected person and lied about it.
Maybe a PCR test that was never designed to test for positive/negative infection and public policy is being overused.

A chief health officer of the state of South Australia might be properly expected to assess the overall health risk.
The Premier of South Australia might be properly expected to assess the health risk alongside other concerns.

Both failed. Dramatically.
50 year old unemployed man knows more about PCR tests and public health policy than the Chief Health Officer. Get a load of this buffoon.

I don't remember saying Victoria was doing it all wrong, but I didn't see the point of such a harsh lockdown with minuscule numbers as it will be back. And what do you do then? Lockdown and open and lockdown again? France is under a lockdown again and to be honest most people haven't really changed what they do compared to the 1st confinement. I can see the freeway from where we live and the first lockdown it was almost empty, now it's maybe 10% less of normal.

I go out for 9 hours everyday to work on renovating a house that we bought. Technically I'm not allowed to do this but I do. There is almost as much traffic on the road and not once in 4 weeks have I been questioned by the police or had to show my written attestation.

They're talking about opening up non-essential shops for a few weeks for xmas sales, and so families can travel inter-departmentally for xmas... Then locking it all down again in January. Much like they opened up for summer holidays so all the poms and northern Europeans can come and lunch on the beach, then shut us down again in October.

While you may be celebrating n Melbourne like you've won something, it's just temporary until March/April when you will do it all again.

So in one post you have bragged about being too selfish to follow the rules and then told Melbourne to stop being optimistic and positive

You sound like a bit of a piece of s**t mate..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

One of the interesting things in this pandemic is re-discovering Australia's ongoing Western-centric cultural cringe.

The fact is (and I know it's unusual for Australia), but in this instance other countries are looking to us to learn from what we did. We have nothing to learn from Europe and the US. If anywhere, we can learn something from some of our neighbours in Asia.

But a lot of the commentary suggests we haven't got over that cringe of wanting to be like the "big kids' of Europe and the US when, in truth, they ****ed this up badly.

One of the interesting things in this pandemic is re-discovering Australia's ongoing Western-centric cultural cringe.

The fact is (and I know it's unusual for Australia), but in this instance other countries are looking to us to learn from what we did. We have nothing to learn from Europe and the US. If anywhere, we can learn something from some of our neighbours in Asia.

But a lot of the commentary suggests we haven't got over that cringe of wanting to be like the "big kids' of Europe and the US when, in truth, they f’ed this up badly.
I don't see any cultural cringe tbh. Our approach has been very popular with the public.

Cant open until we are vaccinated and we trust the other country to have the capability, governance and honesty to trust their vaccination records (so Japan, Korea, Singapore, Europe, NZ, Canadad first - other coutries well back). Best to be safe and Melbourne/Sydney are already better to live in with fewer arrivals.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very generic there. You'd trust the likes of UK and Germany way more than the likes of Ukraine and Estonia (for example)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh yes they will, when they realize they won’t be able to fly without a vaccine certificate. Joyce, came out last night and confirmed this. No vaccine, no fly.

What a piece of excrement

Nah, we may have one or two minor outbreaks that will be easily contained, but we won't have another wave.
In any event by June/July inoculations will be commonplace

We have had a flu vaccine for a long time. It still kills large numbers.

But a lot of the commentary suggests we haven't got over that cringe of wanting to be like the "big kids' of Europe and the US when, in truth, they f’ed this up badly.
Interesting.

In the US I can't see them getting to any safe point with the virus given the lack of leadership, inconsistency across states and the entrenched personal liberty belief overriding everything. Responses to C19 are a far more political/ideology thing than a health matter.

Only a vaccine can save them from a disaster

I don't see any cultural cringe tbh. Our approach has been very popular with the public.
I think the same as Evolved. Australians are pret-ty proud of what we’ve achieved. Of course, being on the arse-end of the world, surrounded by a moat, sparsely populated and reasonably compliant, has given us a unique set of advantages.

Interesting.

In the US I can't see them getting to any safe point with the virus given the lack of leadership, inconsistency across states and the entrenched personal liberty belief overriding everything. Responses to C19 are a far more political/ideology thing than a health matter.

Only a vaccine can save them from a disaster

Agree, the US is probably the last place in the world you'd look to for public health advice.

I think the same as Evolved. Australians are pret-ty proud of what we’ve achieved. Of course, being on the arse-end of the world, surrounded by a moat, sparsely populated and reasonably compliant, has given us a unique set of advantages.

Sure, but we could easily have stuffed that up and came pretty close to doing so.

tend to agree, but there is a strong minority (inc here) who still want us to open up and just live with the virus like the USA

TBH the cultural snobbery thing has come from the EU and USA. Our measures are blatantly copied from several of our asian neighbours. Now its worked here, EU (and to a lesser degree USA) have started paying attention. Lots of reporting in both that the measures assumed to only be able to work in asian countries because of their culture may now be viable because they worked in a western society like ours.

reading between the lines, it seems to have been an assumption that peoples individualism would put themselves ahead of the common good, making social distancing, mask wearing, etc impossible to enforce as strongly as required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back