WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer Joe going against the smaller guys I think those types clash better with his character, I eventually want Richochet to be the one to finally take Joe down a few months down the line.

* that. Don't want to see Joe job to any short people anytime soon. Dude should be the top champion with no questions asked. The intensity and believability that he has created for himself is ridiculous considering the writing and direction that so many other of the stars get.

**** that. Don't want to see Joe job to any short people anytime soon. Dude should be the top champion with no questions asked. The intensity and believability that he has created for himself is ridiculous considering the writing and direction that so many other of the stars get.
It’s not about jobbing, what I’m saying is to build him up as an unstoppable monster and have a great program with Ricochet that leads to a ‘defy the odds’ win

**** me, how many wrestlers do they ****in have? And they’re ending the brand split

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d say over 200. 50 would be next/205. 75 on smackdown/raw. 10 injured, making movies, sitting out waiting for a lucrative pay check in Saudi Arabia. The rest just enjoying flat lemonade and fairy bread, while watching Vince drop his dacks and saying this is a brass ring, now say your prayers and eat your vitamins.

I’d say over 200. 50 would be next/205. 75 on smackdown/raw. 10 injured, making movies, sitting out waiting for a lucrative pay check in Saudi Arabia. The rest just enjoying flat lemonade and fairy bread, while watching Vince drop his dacks and saying this is a brass ring, now say your prayers and eat your vitamins.

Like, wtf are they doing with Heath Slater? Surely the brand split would be there so those guys could at least *job* or get on TV! Instead they’re gonna merge the brands again and guys like him, Harper, Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley or even bloody Shelton Benjamin aren’t gonna get any airtime.

It’s not about jobbing, what I’m saying is to build him up as an unstoppable monster and have a great program with Ricochet that leads to a ‘defy the odds’ win

I know.. would personally rather that happen with Braun and Ricocchet. Joe is the best performer in the WWE.

Like, wtf are they doing with Heath Slater? Surely the brand split would be there so those guys could at least *job* or get on TV! Instead they’re gonna merge the brands again and guys like him, Harper, Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley or even bloody Shelton Benjamin aren’t gonna get any airtime.

Harper is being punished in publicly wanting out. Can’t blame him if he does a Neville and sits out the rest of his contract.

WWE lost the ability years ago, to create solid lower, mid card talent. The only “Superstars” to have some sort of decent storylines has been: Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ, Orton, Wyatt, Lesner, Charlotte, Rousey, Braun and Bliss.
The rest have either been put into humiliating, pointless fuels, put into a pointless, meaningless tag team, or just plain forgotten.

**** that. Don't want to see Joe job to any short people anytime soon. Dude should be the top champion with no questions asked. The intensity and believability that he has created for himself is ridiculous considering the writing and direction that so many other of the stars get.

Eddie's son will roll him up for a 3 count in 7 minutes.

Harper is being punished in publicly wanting out. Can’t blame him if he does a Neville and sits out the rest of his contract.

WWE lost the ability years ago, to create solid lower, mid card talent. The only “Superstars” to have some sort of decent storylines has been: Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ, Orton, Wyatt, Lesner, Charlotte, Rousey, Braun and Bliss.
The rest have either been put into humiliating, pointless fuels, put into a pointless, meaningless tag team, or just plain forgotten.

The WWE hasn't really been able to build a full roster of stars IMO since Wrestlemania 21--- when in one night they arguably 'made' Cena, Batista and Orton (Cena winning the WWE title from JBL, Batista the World Heavyweight from HHH, Orton fighting against 'Taker).

Since then they struggle to build more than one or two at a time.

However though I'd prefer the 5-6 year period of building Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, AJ Styles, Wyatt, Braun, Charlotte, Rousey & Bliss over the WM 24-WM 29 era.

Between WM 24-29 the WWE made who-- Bryan, Punk, The Miz-- then who??

I don’t think Harper wants to sit out even if he doesn’t like WWE anymore. Dude’s 39 and from all accounts is dying to provide more to the business. It’s a tragic case honestly.

Yeah, you’re right there. There’s a total lack of directions for anyone not in the main event.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. They're doing all the right things in NXT. They need to replicate that on the main roster and they'll be fine.
Eventually they would yes. But even that would take a good year before ratings started to move up. Is just the bad pattern they've fallen into. They'd stop going down though at least.

Problem is TV networks that stupidly paid too much are dictating creative direction to the WWE and the chopping and changing to try appease them is only going to make things worse. The product and talent badly needs stabilising.

Just reading a few threads on reddit or whatever and it's a funny thought that Carlito, Mr Kennedy and MVP could/should have been big time 10 year guys for the company. All where really awesome in their own ways but only ever got to be mid card guys.

Carlito due to laziness, MVP I'm not sure actually (can anyone fill me in here?), and Kennedy just got injured at the complete wrong times. Not to mention Benoit ruining a pretty compelling and massive, not to mention extremely risky storyline. Kennedy was going to be massive if that all went through.

Could probably add Nitro and Lashley to that mix too. Imagine if they where the all the 'guys' heading into the 2010s rather than still Cena, HHH, Orton or whatever. Kennedy is one of the most charismatic people I've seen in wrestling.

Don't like some of those guys but it's a depressingly long list of names from the past 15 years that never developed into anything. WWE is the only show I know that sabotages its characters on purpose. It's the weirdest thing until I remember who's in charge.

Don't like some of those guys but it's a depressingly long list of names from the past 15 years that never developed into anything. WWE is the only show I know that sabotages its characters on purpose. It's the weirdest thing until I remember who's in charge.

Just feel like they were the guys who came though in 05/06 who were supposed to be the next 'crop'.

Guys like Del Rio, Ziggler, Shemaus never took the next step either. Edge retiring prematurely also hurt them.
Threw the ball to Punk then Bryan, we all know what happened there.
Forced them to start from scratch and being in external big names (Lesnar /AJ)

Just reading a few threads on reddit or whatever and it's a funny thought that Carlito, Mr Kennedy and MVP could/should have been big time 10 year guys for the company. All where really awesome in their own ways but only ever got to be mid card guys.

Carlito due to laziness, MVP I'm not sure actually (can anyone fill me in here?), and Kennedy just got injured at the complete wrong times. Not to mention Benoit ruining a pretty compelling and massive, not to mention extremely risky storyline. Kennedy was going to be massive if that all went through.

Could probably add Nitro and Lashley to that mix too. Imagine if they where the all the 'guys' heading into the 2010s rather than still Cena, HHH, Orton or whatever. Kennedy is one of the most charismatic people I've seen in wrestling.
It's sad what happened to Kennedy. Got fired because Orton got mad at a botch. Has completely been off the wrestling radar since he left TNA a few years ago.

Most of those posts are 7 to 11 years old. So what, he was about 19-23 when posting a majority of that mumble? Clearly just a projecting (from his admitted health problems) and antsy young man who took advantage of anonymity to express his piled up hatred.

This was already addressed months ago. It was internally handled. It's now being brought up again why? Because of similar postings? Wow, so important and worth the attention. I personally have stated before on here that I don't like him as a wrestler, although as a person this is just cringe to see what's happening to him. He's had a long time to change and no doubt he most likely has.

This need for public execution is a joke. These sensitive people digging up old news aren't going to get the temporary satisfaction they're after. Keep bringing light to this as much as you want, it's already been handled accordingly and I doubt nothing will transpire.

He isn't going anywhere and there isn't any bias treatment going on, like some have suggested.

Lars and Hogan should be educated on the proper way to conduct themselves. If they are genuinely sorry then I think it’s ok to forgive them.

I look at it like this: Enzo was a favorite son of Vince, they didn't wait a second to suspend him when his allegations came to light and they used the first excuse that they could to fire him.

Lars has a journal worth of aboslute nonsense he's said archived online - arguably comparable (after the facts) and most likely posted by the different person that he was many years ago. If it wasn't sorted and handled appropriately internally he would of been cut by now, ESPECIALLY after months of this being repeatedly pushed into the spotlight.

Just because the public needs to see something happen doesn't mean it hasn't already. Not exactly entitled to either.

Most of those posts are 7 to 11 years old. So what, he was about 19-23 when posting a majority of that mumble? Clearly just a projecting (from his admitted health problems) and antsy young man who took advantage of anonymity to express his piled up hatred.

This was already addressed months ago. It was internally handled. It's now being brought up again why? Because of similar postings? Wow, so important and worth the attention. I personally have stated before on here that I don't like him as a wrestler, although as a person this is just cringe to see what's happening to him. He's had a long time to change and no doubt he most likely has.

This need for public execution is a joke. These sensitive people digging up old news aren't going to get the temporary satisfaction they're after. Keep bringing light to this as much as you want, it's already been handled accordingly and I doubt nothing will transpire.

Lars has a journal worth of aboslute nonsense he's said archived online - arguably comparable (after the facts) and most likely posted by the different person that he was many years ago. If it wasn't sorted and handled appropriately internally he would of been cut by now, ESPECIALLY after months of this being repeatedly pushed into the spotlight.

Just because the public needs to see something happen doesn't mean it hasn't already. Not exactly entitled to either.

Most were from 2013. This is who he is. There's no 'half a lifetime ago' or 'was different time' cover.

'handled internally' means nothing and hope it goes away with WWE.

If they are genuinely sorry then I think it’s ok to forgive them.

Last edited:
Lars' five years of dicey philosophies also conspicuously ended right around the time he was signed by WWE in October of 2013. The timing leads me to believe that the rhetoric didn't stop because Sullivan had changed his ways, it most likely stopped so it wouldn't haunt the future WWE Superstar now that his dream was real.

Too late. The fascist freshman is now under fire after waxing poetic with material that would make him overqualified as a speechwriter for David Duke.

WWE was made aware of Sullivan's comments prior to signing him and reportedly intends to "stay low and hope it disappears" according to WWE insider account @WrestleVotes. The account went on to surmise WWE officials "aren't going to do a damn thing."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfred...-turning-a-blind-eye-to-bigotry/#619f6a063869

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back