2nds WWT Eagles vs Yartapuulti - Round 12 @ Woodville

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see any of it but that sounds like a strong win by the Maggies, and keeping the eagles scoreless in the last qtr on their own dung hill has to add a big plus to the result, it will be interesting to hear from those that attended the game who they thought set the win up for us.

haha the state of the ground
F0fcgUOaIAAsWWN

That was in part payback for the 3 point loss to the Eagles at Alberton a few weeks back.

According to the stats sheet every Port player had an effective tackle today that is unusual as there is usually a player or two who misses out. I think that says a lot about the win in trying conditions.

Good win.

Super chuffed for Dante to hit the ground running after his taste of AFL footy. He's such a great competitor, looks like he's just gotten even hungrier. You really can't buy that spirit, if he keeps it up he'll be a very good AFL footballer.

First time I have been in the Eagle’s club room since 1990, it literally hasn’t changed, the 10 supporters in there looked like they have been in there since then as well, god it was depressing.

The old Torrens supporters are probably picketing Thebarton Oval.

Blitzed it in the last quarter.

Sanfl commentators gave Visentini best on ground.
And Frank the Tank Evans was voted second best.
Where changing on the ball he still finds a way to kick goals.

If he doesn't get some games in the AFL he will end up the Magpies leading goal kicker

Wooohooo.

Didn't even realise the game was on today. Looks like some fringe players did well - Mead, Burger, Dante, Sinn and Duursma - according to the stats sheet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't see any of it but that sounds like a strong win by the Maggies, and keeping the eagles scoreless in the last qtr on their own dung hill has to add a big plus to the result, it will be interesting to hear from those that attended the game who they thought set the win up for us.
Went to Woodville today, the ground was a throw back to the 70’s absolute mud heap. We were 19 points down in the second quarter and not looking good we let teams score way too easily on the rebound, we fought back and lead by half time. 13 points up at 3/4 time and the last quarter was excellent, could have won by more 3.5 to 0.0 in the last quarter. Visentini was excellent BOG.
Evans was excellent Duursma Mead Burgoyne all played really well.

Right that's Sam Hayes career done then unless he gets 60 HO 30 touches, 2 goals and 8 contested marks in the wet

Sam's still on the ground at 3/4 time we will offer him a contract next year.

It's a low bar but it means he can run out a game and that is the knock.

Loved playing on grounds like that as a kid. Best feeling in the world is having a hot shower after the game. Felt like a million bucks.
Not in the days of communal showers, where the home team did F-all to maintain the efficiency of the hot water system in the visitors change rooms.

As close as a Yatala home stay as I ever wanted to get thank you.

(yep - I'm that old).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back