Draft Watcher Young Talent Time 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have a clue. Nobody on BigFooty would know about players and their character. Just history says Metro kids are more likely to want to move back to Melbourne.

I'd still try to trade down if I was Brisbane. I can't get excited about Dow or Cerra as the #1 pick.

Saw Bonar first hand yesterday.

Big fella who has got some aggression and tricks. Stands out due to hairstyle and size IMO. Not big enough for KPP, not fit enough for midfield.

Didn't get anywhere near enough of the football to be in the conversation re:
high drafting. Might be a "moneyball" 4th rounder - rookie.

Thanks for the insight HedgeFund, it's appreciated, heard and read he's coming back from two knee reconstructions consequently will be rusty for a while, understandable , but that he's seriously talented.

Wouldn't have a clue. Nobody on BigFooty would know about players and their character. Just history says Metro kids are more likely to want to move back to Melbourne.

I'd still try to trade down if I was Brisbane. I can't get excited about Dow or Cerra as the #1 pick.

Whom would you take first call, I'm scratching my head wondering what Silvagni & Briodie will do with pick 3 , if they don't trade it away come October.

Whom would you take first call, I'm scratching my head wondering what Silvagni & Briodie will do with pick 3 , if they don't trade it away come October.

I still think Jaidyn Stephenson is the best player in the draft, followed by Darcy Fogarty and Luke Davies-Uniacke. While Cam Rayner has potential to be a game changer. So they'd be the ones I pick from.

I think Dow will be a good player, but not a #1 pick. LDU is still my top midfielder. He might be inside, whereas Dow can play both. But LDU is great at one thing, Dow is just good at two. That's my thinking, and I'll take the great one.

I still think Jaidyn Stephenson is the best player in the draft, followed by Darcy Fogarty and Luke Davies-Uniacke. While Cam Rayner has potential to be a game changer. So they'd be the ones I pick from.

I think Dow will be a good player, but not a #1 pick. LDU is still my top midfielder. He might be inside, whereas Dow can play both. But LDU is great at one thing, Dow is just good at two. That's my thinking, and I'll take the great one.

Hey Chris! Great analysis. Fair to say you have seen a fair bit more than me, but I agree on Stephenson no.1 and on Dow, looks solid, but I don't see the hype at all. I would love to see the lions trade down 1 and pick up Stephenson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see what interesting names you have up in lights.

My new rankings are up in the first post. Probably no real surprise that Garner and Clark feature highly, with Stephenson still at the top. I've been pumping them up for a little while now.

My new rankings are up in the first post. Probably no real surprise that Garner and Clark feature highly, with Stephenson still at the top. I've been pumping them up for a little while now.

Frankly, I'm absolutely astounded Garner features highly.

Have you watched even a minute of his last 3 TAC games since he finished playing school footy?

September Rankings

1. Jaidyn Stephenson (189cm, 76kg from Eastern Ranges)

You've loved this kid for a long time, you'd have to hope he can move into the midfield with ease.

3. Darcy Fogarty (192cm, 88kg from Glenelg)

Ballsy placing him so high based on only last years efforts because this year was rather average.

5. Joel Garner (183cm, 81kg from Eastern Ranges)

Has not shown enough midfield ability and really needs to lift his output.

18. Jack Petruccelle (184cm, 73kg from Northern Knights)

His kicking really worries me, but I did like his speed and he looked solid as a HBF.

28. Charlie Constable (190cm, 83kg from Sandringham Dragons)
38. Lachlan Fogarty (179cm, 75kg from Western Jets)

These two are my slight shocks as to how low you've put them. Fogarty I can understand may not have his fans, but Constable seems a very solid option in this years draft pool.

September Rankings

You've loved this kid for a long time, you'd have to hope he can move into the midfield with ease.

Ballsy placing him so high based on only last years efforts because this year was rather average.

His kicking really worries me, but I did like his speed and he looked solid as a HBF.

These two are my slight shocks as to how low you've put them. Fogarty I can understand may not have his fans, but Constable seems a very solid option in this years draft pool.
Just on Stephenson he has been a revelation in the middle in the past month or so he is starting to get consistent high numbers especially in contested posssesions. He isn't just some quick outside player I'd even argue he is one of the most determined players in the draft in winning the footy.

Just on Stephenson he has been a revelation in the middle in the past month or so he is starting to get consistent high numbers especially in contested posssesions. He isn't just some quick outside player I'd even argue he is one of the most determined players in the draft in winning the footy.

He does have insane physical attributes so if he is starting to look like a natural midfielder, then he would not look out of place at the pointy end of the draft.

He does have insane physical attributes so if he is starting to look like a natural midfielder, then he would not look out of place at the pointy end of the draft.
I had my doubts aswell but his game against Sandringham around a month ago where he had 39 touches completely turned me around and ever since that game he has been getting over 25 touches with most of them being contested.

Its funny that in the last month of all players in this draft that would have similarities to Dangerfield it's actually this guy. Huge game this week against the midfield of LDU and Clark, if he has another big game in the middle he might just come back into pick 1 contention.

I had my doubts aswell but his game against Sandringham around a month ago where he had 39 touches completely turned me around and ever since that game he has been getting over 25 touches with most of them being contested.

Its funny that in the last month of all players in this draft that would have similarities to Dangerfield it's actually this guy. Huge game this week against the midfield of LDU and Clark, if he has another big game in the middle he might just come back into pick 1 contention.

Wowsers

September Rankings

I have liked Stephenson as the #1 pick for the past 18 months, I was the same with Petrevski-Seton last year. I look at this draft class, and don't see many real game changers outside of Rayner. Part of why I can't get behind Cerra or Dow as the top pick. But Stephenson has that ability. And I've been impressed with his growth as a midfielder, he's only improved his standing in my eyes.

I guess Darcy Fogarty and Petruccelle are similar in that regards too. They can really impact a game, and have the potential to be more than just a solid player. I've seen a lot of Fogarty obviously, and there's no doubting he was hampered this year. But I thought he showed enough signs in the SANFL of what he is at his best. Risky? Yes. But I'll back what I've seen and know about him.

As for Garner, I don't expect many others to have him that high. But I liken him to Jarrod Berry from last year. He was highly regarded in club land, but BigFooty gradually dropped him lower and lower throughout the season. Questioning whether he was a flanker or a midfielder, saying the impact wasn't there. But he plays a strong style of football, has leadership ability and is just a quality person from all regards. That's what I see in Garner, just in a smaller and quicker frame. I like him. And for the poster above, yes I've seen more than a minute of him since his return from school football.

The last two, I'm just not that fussed with Lachlan Fogarty. I think someone like Alex Martini is just as good, but doesn't get the attention that comes with playing in the TAC Cup. And I agree with you about Constable, he's solid. But that's all I see him as. I think something like Jack Crisp is what I picture Constable as becoming. A solid contributer, likely best 25. But more so a flanker than a midfielder. I do anticipate he goes higher than what I have him though.

Whos the best option for Gold Coast to take at 2? Also where is Brayden Crossley likely to go?

Frankly, I'm absolutely astounded Garner features highly.

Have you watched even a minute of his last 3 TAC games since he finished playing school footy?

I haven't so would you care to share what his last three TAC games have been like? Possessions? Bad skills etc.. assuming you've watched it guessing. Not having a go just interest to hear more detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back