Your 5 least favourite footy personalities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst by far is Brian Taylor, contributes nothing, has stupid catch phrases, relies on dumb 'in-jokes' that not even his fellow commentators seem to get, and it would be nice if he could get a players name right once in a while! I feel embarrassed for anyone who has to commentate with him, I honestly find myself muting the TV when he's presenting post or pre-game he is that bad.

Tough to choose a best, but Ling would be right up there. Really knows what he's talking about and even though he's Geelong through and through he comes across as unbiased as possible (not that I mind Biased commentating). Oh and Eddie would have to be up their :p

Bruce - The most annoying, over the top, repetitive commentator/football person in the world. Has he ever listened to a call of his?
daylight
Demetriou
Rowan Connolly - On SEN he often comes across as unlikable.
Hutchy - he can be okay at times on SEN, but the way he plays devils advocate and some of his arguments on FC particularly is cringeworthy.
Kevin Sheedy - all he does is talk s**t and has done so for years.

HM: BT, Darcy, Steve Johnson, Ballantyne, Quarters (if we are talking of all time he is #1)

Worst

Rucci - w***er
BT - w***er
Darcy - double w***er
Lyon - Port hating w***er
Rompingwins - worlds biggest w***er
Bruce - tiresome special w***er
Walls - useless w***er

Best

Whateley (Easily the best journalist in the game)
Robert Murphy (I really like the guy)
Robbo (see Murphy)
King (I like how he breaks down the tactics)
Dwayno, Hutchy and Caro.....I know, I know but these three like Port.

Anyone that talks about anything but the game ,i hate that while the game is in progress......most of them do it .
I hate the people the pretend they don't, but I'm fine with Triple M doing it because it is what you tune into them for! Ch. 7 on the other hand should never do that crap.

Okay big brother my votes go as

3 votes BT - Boy Oh Boy - where is the dukes Richo, He has got to use the dukes.
2 votes D.Cometti - Superstar
2 votes B.Mcavaney - Say what you want, but he is a great voice over the footy
1 vote C.Ling - Superstar
That is all

Is that you Channel 7 AFL Producer?

I'd get your hearing checked.

I'm going to be pairing people up because 5 isn't enough..

5. The whole Footy Show crew (minus Crawf)
4. The guys from the Supercoach show
3. Damien Barrett / Hutchy
2. Tony Shaw, Paul Roos & any other media personality who is hanging on to their former club
1 . The Channel 7 Saturday Night Crew (minus Ling & maybe Richo)

1. Bruce
2. Brayshaw
3. Bruce
4. Brayshaw
5. Bruce / Brayshaw

Couldt quite decide on the last spot.

5 most annoying
1. Bruce Mcavaney
2. BT
3. Caroline Wilson
4. Hutchy
5. Kevin Bartlett

Honorable Mentions
Tony Jones, Basil Zemphalas, Rex Hunt, Campbell Brown

5 most liked
1. Damian Barratt
2. Cameron Ling
3. Shane Crawford
4. James Brayshaw
5. Nathan Brown

Honorable mentions
Spud Frawley, Sandy Roberts, Billy Brownless, Dennis Cometti, Matthew Lloyd, Michael Christian

Don't really get the dislike for purple, generally his stories are bang on the money and knows his football with little/no bias.

5 most annoying
1. Bruce Mcavaney
2. BT
3. Caroline Wilson
4. Hutchy
5. Kevin Bartlett

Honorable Mentions

5 most liked
1. Damian Barratt
2. Cameron Ling
3. Shane Crawford
4. James Brayshaw
5. Nathan Brown

Honorable mentions
Spud Frawley, Sandy Roberts, Billy Brownless, Dennis Cometti, Matthew Lloyd, Michael Christian

Don't really get the dislike for purple, generally his stories are bang on the money and knows his football with little/no bias.

:eek:

5 most annoying
1. Bruce Mcavaney
2. BT
3. Caroline Wilson
4. Hutchy
5. Kevin Bartlett

Honorable Mentions

5 most liked
1. Damian Barratt
2. Cameron Ling
3. Shane Crawford
4. James Brayshaw
5. Nathan Brown

Honorable mentions

Don't really get the dislike for Purple, generally his stories are bang on the money and knows his football with little/no bias.

Don't mind him but found he was a pain in the arse last year as an Essendon fan and I find he harps on High Definition too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. That gut running massive superstar Luke Darcy
2. Robbo
3. Tom Harley
4. Gary Lyon
5. Tim Watson

Derm
Darcy
Eddie
BT
Shaw

Dishonorable mentions include Spud F, Bas, Rompingwins, Maher, Robbo and Watson

Faves include

Roberts
Dunstal
Reiwoldt
Carey

The 5 worst could extend to everyone except for a small handful, maybe 5-8, of which two are current players. Commentary and media for footy is a shambles. Unprofessional at best, downright insulting at worst. I'm not sure about league, but AFL is the worst covered sport I have ever watched. Possibly by some distance.

Bruce - The most annoying, over the top, repetitive commentator/football person in the world. Has he ever listened to a call of his?
daylight
Demetriou
Rowan Connolly - On SEN he often comes across as unlikable.
Hutchy - he can be okay at times on SEN, but the way he plays devils advocate and some of his arguments on FC particularly is cringeworthy.
Kevin Sheedy - all he does is talk s**t and has done so for years.

HM: BT, Darcy, Steve Johnson, Ballantyne, Quarters (if we are talking of all time he is #1)

Bruce McAvaney is a crows flog and and also is a most annoying commentator. A real drama queen who is well past his use by date imo.

I swear if BT talks about assumption college one more time !!!

I reckon the next goal is important !!! No $hit Bruce Captain Obvious Mcavaney

1. Romping Wins
2. Campbell Brown
3. Mark McVeigh
4. Mark Stevens
5. Tony Jones

Not sure some of these guys even count. Serious lack of Romping Wins on some of these more recent lists.

5 Worst
-Bruce
-Leigh Matthews
-Harley
-Dwayne
-BT

5 Best
-Sandy
-Huddo
-Derm
-Dunstall
-Brayshaw

Definitely Sandy. Love is hokey old school charm. He is a reasonable caller as well, which is almost absent from the industry.

TBH, it's harder to list 5 favorites, because almost across the board talent is lacking.

What a sad state of affairs, I personally cant handle Roberts. Altho he does actually have some ability to purely call the game.

I definitely agree with your overall sentiments re: poor game coverage as a whole (bar a few exceptions) and especially the bold bit.

Agree that Crawford is good value

Top 5 least favourite is easy though, it would be harder to compile a top 5 you like:

1 - Robbo who made this guy an authority on anything? He knows less than Jon Snow about football.
2 - Tom "Synergy" Harley
3 - Derm
4 - Bruce. Just retire.
5 - Darcy cos I hate the way he goes about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back