Remove this Banner Ad

Hibberd - Carlisle - Birchall
Walker - McPharlin - Taylor
Hannebery - Watson - Griffen
Dangerfield - Riewoldt - Jack
Johnson - Kennedy - Roughead
Goldstein - Ablett - Steven
Hanley - J. Selwood - McVeigh - SD Thompson

I decided to leave Thomas out because he is a knob if the highest order. I hope the actual selection panel follows my lead.

Scott Lucas' not-so-obvious AA team;

B: Enright R.Thompson Ibbotson
HB: Malceski M.Johnson Harbrow
C: Zaharakis Griffin McLean
HF: Motlop Roughead Stokes
F: Garlett Cloke Walters
R: Pyke Barlow Douglas

I actually like the inclusion of Pyke. He has been super impressive this year.

Called Carsile and Hibbered, didn't think Jobe would be captain, thought Abblet would get that job.

Thought I'd have a crack. Its harder than it looks as there are plenty of players worthy for selection but here goes:

B: Harry Taylor Luke McPharlin Grant Birchall
HB: Michael Hibberd Jake Carlisle Andrew Walker
C: Patrick Dangerfield Jobe Watson (C) Kieran Jack
HF: Nat Fyfe Nick Riewoldt Steve Johnson
F: Lindsay Thomas Josh J Kennedy Chris Mayne
R: Will Minson Garry Ablett Jnr (VC) Scott Pendlebury
INT: Jarrod Roughead Dan Hannebery Ryan Griffen Joel Selwood

B: Hibberd, Carlisle, Taylor
HB: Walker, McPharlin, Birchall
C: Griffen, Watson, Dangerfield
HF: Johnson, N Riewoldt, Bartel
FF: Thomas, Mayne, Walters
R: Goldstein, Ablett, Pendlebury
I/C: Jack, Barlow, Gibbs, Hanley

Mayne at Full forward. Really?? wouldn't you need another marking option on your forward line?

Perhaps, but he's been very good, and that's effectively where he's been playing with everyone else injured.

Yeah agree he has been playing well but All Aus full forward well, im not so sure. I would go with Kennedy at FF and possibly Mayne in the pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: S. Thompson - J. Carlisle - M. Hibberd
HB: A. Walker - L. McPharlin - J. McVeigh
C: P. Dangerfield - J. Watson - K. Jack
HF: N. Fyfe - N. Riewoldt - S. Johnson
F: L. Thomas - J. Kennedy - J. Roughead
R: W. Minson - D. Hannebery - G. Ablett
Int: H. Taylor, S. Pendlebury, R. Griffen, M. Barlow

Which games did you watch Kong? Minson has been pretty good.. has improved his mobility again this season and some of his tap work it truly exceptional. Hard to impress in a losing team, and his midfielders don't help at times as his taps that should be to advantage are stuffed up.

He has also improved his 'defensive marking' options.. that is to say if he isn't able to mark the ball.. bringing it to ground in an advantageous way for the smalls around him. Making him a very valuable kick in target.

Anyway.. I think he has been pretty good and fairly consistent.. but no worries with McEvoy either.. was just curious which games you were thinking of..

I agree Yaco..

That first half against Hawthorn was good.. he is special when he is 'on' and it helps that he has many fan-boys in the media.
My biggest worry with Nic Nat is that he can go missing or be shut out of the game for long periods against solid opposition.

Having said that... I would have him first in my 'school yard picked' AA team that's for sure.. very dynamic and a game changer.

Goldstein will be the main opposition to Nic Nat. Its been an uninspiring year for rucks.
I think they will end up going left field and choosing Pyke and Roughead, just because they have been good around the grounds as well as in the ruck. But youre right, it has been an "uninspiring" season for rucks, especially compared to last season where the ruck stocks looked so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back