• St Kilda

Votes: 14 5.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 18 6.8%
  • Richmond

Votes: 28 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was a St Kilda bandwagoner before the Suns showed up so I'd just go back to them.

I think I'd probably drift away from Footy, and that would be unfortunate. I love the game.

Probably Dogs. They and Geelong seemed to have swapped players, coaches and staff a bit over the years. When I was a kid I used to like going to games at the Western Oval because it was the closest one to get to from Geelong.

No one in the AFL - I just couldn't be bothered.

However I wouldn't give up on footy completely - Would probably go back to watch local footy. Maybe a WAFL side to watch on the TV.

I supported Fitzroy from berth until we were sent up to Brisbane, I did not want to support an interstate team... Richmond played Fitzroy in their last Melbourne game and i decided to follow Richmond as the fans and atmosphere on the day was all about Fitzroy and i felt Richmond were a battlers club like Fitzroy, Been following the tigers every since.. So im definately the most success starved footy fan ever!!!
Very similar to my story! I found it fairly easy to warm to Richmond since my grandpa was born and raised there and barracked for them from the get go. He would often watch the footy with me or take me to games, plus his uncle played for them. Still a Royboy at heart (Brisbane a very close "second team"), but the heart pumps yellow & black blood now.

GWS, I absolutely love the skillful brand of footy they play. Players seem likeable aswell, really, cant imagine supporting any of the other campaigners.

Curious to know how many of the people nominating GC and GWS are resident in those areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty simple.
"No one" isn't an option. Assume you have had adequate time to get over it. Your team hasn't relocated, the unthinkable has happened and they've folded.

Who do you follow?

For me, "nobody" isn't a realistic response, after a few years, I love footy too much, and would need to support a team, to be involved, to actually give a damn week to week.

Edit:
By fold I mean cease to exist at any level.

I am suprised how many say they wouldnt picl up another team. 5 years down the track I reckon a fan of the sport would be itching to get that supporter community feeling back.
Brissy.

And if they folded,

Giants,

And if they folded

Soccer

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd still enjoy watching footy. I find it tough to enjoy watching the players we have in our team and with the coach at the helm, and I've always liked just being a neutral down at the G and the culture around it. But I have always had a long soft spot for North Melbourne, lived in the area, like the general 'zone.' I've liked Melbourne for a few years now as well. So it would be one of those.

mvfc.png

I was all set to switch to the bombers if the merger went through as my two best mates where both bombers and I used to go to a few games with them.

Now though I'm not that close with them and after recent events I couldn't do it.

Not sure I could really follow anyone else now.

yeah i wouldn't go for anyone...if anyone maybe one of the expansions teams or a new one i just couldn't bring myself to support a team with a lot of history just wouldn't feel right

Back