Your teams current spine and your teams spine for the future

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley
Ryder
Myers
Gumbleton
Neagle

Will be one of the great spines.

All top 7 picks except Neagle who was F/S. Saying that though, Ryder is the only one to have proved himself but I expect Neagle and Gumbleton to become regulars this season with Myers having a settled spot but perhaps not shining straight away. Hurley should come on soon and has the potential to go straight into the lineup in Round 1. Lloyd will push up to the wing but unsure what we shall do with Lucas.

Looking at this thread really made me think we have a shortage of KPPs coming through and the list above does nothing to dispel that thought. Murphy and Campbell are both struggling to cut ti at senior level and Drum hasn't done enough yet to suggest he will be the answer in a key defensive role.

Must admit that i was quite suprised that Freo didn't use one of their 2nd or 3rd picks on a quality KPP

More so the way Palmer and Ibbo went this year

Now

Thursfield
Moore
Tuck
Riewoldt
Hughes

Future

Thursfield
Rance/Post
Cotchin/maby Hislop
Riewoldt/Post
Hughes

Hughes will be our FF.. will become a GUN!!!:thumbsu:

Current:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Gill
Tippett

Future:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Walker
Tippett

Hard to pick a future CHF really, since most teams don't genuinely play with one anymore really. I pick Walker because Tippett is more likely to be the deep forward, and Walker is the most likely of our other tall forward prospects at this stage. The rest of our spine is still quite young, the three of them turn 26 in March, March and May, and Tippet is still 21.

Current:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Gill
Tippett

Future:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Walker
Tippett

Hard to pick a future CHF really, since most teams don't genuinely play with one anymore really. I pick Walker because Tippett is more likely to be the deep forward, and Walker is the most likely of our other tall forward prospects at this stage. The rest of our spine is still quite young, the three of them turn 26 in March, March and May, and Tippet is still 21.
If the reports are true you can pop hentschel at CHF. You're right about the upside, our spine would be one of the best in the comps i reckon.

Geelong

Current

FB: M.Scarlett
CHB: H.Taylor (Should be M.Egan)
C: J.Bartel
CHF: C.Mooney
FF: T.Lonergan

Future

FB: T.Gillies
CHB: H.Taylor (Still hope it could be Egan, with Taylor moving to FB)
C: J.Selwood
CHF: T.Hawkins
FF: T.Lonergan

I think we could see Lonergan move to defence and one of Scott Simpson or, further down the track, Mitch Brown develop into the other key forward position with Hawkins.

Taylor would be an even better player if he could be freed up to play on a flank or even going forward using his sublime kicking skills.

Current

FB:McPharlin
CHB:Johnson
C:palmer
CHF:pavlich
FF:Tarrant

Future

CHB: Johnson/Drum
C: Palmer

FF: Campbell

to say that we need to pick up some young KPP in the next couple of drafts is an understatement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Gill
Tippett

Future:

Rutten
Bock
Thompson
Walker
Tippett

Hentschel is reportedly moving quite well at training, so I'm tempted to suggest that the current spine is about to lose Gill and gain Hentschel.

Thompson didn't have a particularly good year this year. In the future he may come under some pressure from the likes of Vince, maybe Knights or even possibly McKay and (wild speculation) Dangerfield for that spot, IMO.

Tippet needs to improve if he is going to hold out a Davis or McKernan longer term.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back