Other Your USA/NFL Trip in Pictures

Remove this Banner Ad

and how much did you spend whilst in the USA?

i can get to dallas to vegas after game on the monday for $129

then i will drive vegas to San Diego with a mate who is posted there

going for 2 weeks, hotels should add up to about $2500 at this stage

I was lucky enough to be at the Superbowl this year, can't believe how quickly the season has rolled around.

img_2068-jpg.719753
719754 719756 719757 719758 719759

Attachments

• IMG_2068.jpg
    IMG_2068.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 491
Saw a hugely injury depleted Redskins take on Philly at Lincoln Financial Field
Did see the great AP score that 90+ yard touchdown though.
A great experience even in weather that was close to 0 degrees.
Saw WWE Survivor Series, RAW, SMACKDOWN, NHL (Nashville v Colorado) NBA (Wizards v Nets) and NFL (Eagles v Skins) in my trip November/December

Attachments

• Lincoln Financial Field.jpg
    Lincoln Financial Field.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Lincoln 2.jpg
    Lincoln 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 121
I cant speak for ATT specifically but in my experience theyre very stringent checking tickets at stadiums/arenas over there, especially for lower levels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I thought I'd post some deets about our recent trip (misses and I) to the US for the Big 4-0.

Previous trip was April/May in 2013 so took in the baseball (which I used to play) but this one was specifically to make the trip to Lambeau in week 2 of the season.

The trek to actually get to Green Bay is a little bit of a mission so I'll try not to bore you, but will put some stuff in in case anyone is interested at some point in going.

Ended up getting our tickets through Green Bay Ticket Service who I thought were very good. I had emailed and confirmed that we could pick the tickets up at the game rather than posting etc.

https://www.greenbayticketservice.com/NFL/Green-Bay-Packers-Information

Main reason was that I wanted paper tickets and could pick them up at the game (used Stubhub for other games but will get on to that later). Most other games and outlets you will get mobile tickets so I think it was worth paying a little more for the memento of the paper tickets.

Tickets to the game were about $325 US each and we were on the 20 yard line Packers sideline about 2 P1040645.jpg P1040655.jpg P1040670.jpg P1040670.jpg P1040680.jpg P1040682.jpg P1040686.jpg P1040709.jpg P1040705.jpg P1040700.jpg P1040682.jpg 0 rows back. If money wasn’t an option definitely would have got a bit closer to the 50 and a few more rows back, but the seats were sensational.

When the bus dropped us at the game they told us where to go and tickets were right there to pick up.

So firstly Green bay is about a two hour bus ride out of Milwaukee (weird place – would only stay two nights there if you go there), so we chose to purchase a tailgate party ticket which included bus trip from Milwaukee downtown and the tailgate ticket which included free piss and food at the Resch Centre outside the stadium. We got the VIP ticket which included access upstairs and some better drinks. However, I would recommended just getting the normal tailgate ticket as we only went upstairs once to check it out, use the nice toilets and get a little bit better drink. Outside had the better atmosphere for sure. Or alternatively just the bus ticket and do your own thing when you get there.

The bus arrives three hours before game time, which goes quite quickly after you hit the outside pro-shops, nail some beers and food and take in the atmosphere.

Would highly recommend the bus ticket trip though as I would not want to drive to or from the game and there are limited options to get there. BYO beers on the bus too. Early start at 7am.

Game was unbelievable. Fans are so nice and even playing their arch rival Vikings everyone was so great towards each other. They were a little astounded seeing some Aussies at the game but made us feel welcome. It is like no other sporting stadium I’ve been to and we agree we’d have to go back. The best day of our trip. Three touchdowns in the first quarter right in front of us, Rodgers throwing dimes with some burly, vocal gents behind making it a hilarious day. The stadium I feel was just full of history and we got the visit the stadium pro shop after also. Was very cool seeing the little houses directly across the road from the stadium that are “pack-ed” out. Favre came out at half time with Bart Starr's wife for a little special.

We ended up using Stubhub for other games and had nil issues, however you do need data on your phone to access the tickets at the gate (can’t just download ticket in the hotel room and think they’ll work) as you need to technically log in to Stubhub to view them.

Prior to this we had used Stubhub for our Cubs tickets in Chicago. Awesome game including Rizzo jacking a grand slam in front of us.

After this we went to Ohoi Stadium to check out the Buckeyes romping over Miami Ohio. I think it was 75-6 so they game itself was a little lacklustre and even had a few too many commercial timeouts. Still good wandering around a college town taking in the game atmosphere and watching the Ohio State Band roll in and do their thing. We had also been in Boulder, Colorado on game day against Nebraska but didn’t go to the game as we couldn’t get tickets on Stubhub (cheapest $350 at game time). However, atmosphere was electric due to the rivalry and college parties going on the streets (never seen so many ping pong tables) so wish we could have gone to the game. Wandering around the college was still fantastic.

Also checked out Falcons at Colts. Completely different atmosphere to Lambeau if you can imagine (not quite as full on) but terrific being in an indoor air conditioned stadium (in the nose bleeds). Nice stadium which is literally a five minute walk from the hotel room and city centre.

First up in the trip we also did Mile High Stadium (name changed the day before we got there, can't remember new sponsor's name) tour in Denver (not playing that weekend). Excellent tour, lots of walking through the club suites - wish I had a spare 30k to drop each weekend on 10 comfortable seats. Go down also to visiting team dressing room and to the field (not allowed to walk on).

If you had any questions shoot me a PM. Have fun if you head over for a game or two it is well worth it. P1040694.jpg

Last edited:
So I thought I'd post some deets about our recent trip (misses and I) to the US for the Big 4-0.

Previous trip was April/May in 2013 so took in the baseball (which I used to play) but this one was specifically to make the trip to Lambeau in week 2 of the season.

The trek to actually get to Green Bay is a little bit of a mission so I'll try not to bore you, but will put some stuff in in case anyone is interested at some point in going.

Ended up getting our tickets through Green Bay Ticket Service who I thought were very good. I had emailed and confirmed that we could pick the tickets up at the game rather than posting etc.

https://www.greenbayticketservice.com/NFL/Green-Bay-Packers-Information

Main reason was that I wanted paper tickets and could pick them up at the game (used Stubhub for other games but will get on to that later). Most other games and outlets you will get mobile tickets so I think it was worth paying a little more for the memento of the paper tickets.

Tickets to the game were about $325 US each and we were on the 20 yard line Packers sideline about 30 rows back. If money wasn’t an option definitely would have got a bit closer to the 50 and a few more rows back, but the seats were sensational.

When the bus dropped us at the game they told us where to go and tickets were right there to pick up.

So firstly Green bay is about a two hour bus ride out of Milwaukee (weird place – would only stay two nights there if you go there), so we chose to purchase a tailgate party ticket which included bus trip from Milwaukee downtown and the tailgate ticket which included free piss and food at the Resch Centre outside the stadium. We got the VIP ticket which included access upstairs and some better drinks. However, I would recommended just getting the normal tailgate ticket as we only went upstairs once to check it out, use the nice toilets and get a little bit better drink. Outside had the better atmosphere for sure. Or alternatively just the bus ticket and do your own thing when you get there.

The bus arrives three hours before game time, which goes quite quickly after you hit the outside pro-shops, nail some beers and food and take in the atmosphere.

Would highly recommend the bus ticket trip though as I would not want to drive to or from the game and there are limited options to get there. BYO beers on the bus too. Early start at 7am.

Game was unbelievable. Fans are so nice and even playing their arch rival Vikings everyone was so great towards each other. They were a little astounded seeing some Aussies at the game but made us feel welcome. It is like no other sporting stadium I’ve been to and we agree we’d have to go back. The best day of our trip. Three touchdowns in the first quarter right in front of us, Rodgers throwing dimes with some burly, vocal gents behind making it a hilarious day. The stadium I feel was just full of history and we got the visit the stadium pro shop after also. Was very cool seeing the little houses directly across the road from the stadium that are “pack-ed” out.

We ended up using Stubhub for other games and had nil issues, however you do need data on your phone to access the tickets at the gate (can’t just download ticket in the hotel room and think they’ll work) as you need to technically log in to Stubhub to view them.

Prior to this we had used Stubhub for our Cubs tickets in Chicago. Awesome game including Rizzo jacking a grand slam in front of us.

After this we went to Ohoi Stadium to check out the Buckeyes romping over Miami Ohio. I think it was 75-6 so they game itself was a little lacklustre and even had a few too many commercial timeouts. Still good wandering around a college town taking in the game atmosphere and watching the Ohio State Band roll in and do their thing. We had also been in Boulder, Colorado on game day against Nebraska but didn’t go to the game as we couldn’t get tickets on Stubhub (cheapest $350 at game time). However, atmosphere was electric due to the rivalry and college parties going on the streets (never seen so many ping pong tables) so wish we could have gone to the game. Wandering around the college was still fantastic.

Also checked out Falcons at Colts. Completely different atmosphere to Lambeau if you can imagine (not quite as full on) but terrific being in an indoor air conditioned stadium (in the nose bleeds). Nice stadium which is literally a five minute walk from the hotel room and city centre.

If you had any questions shoot me a PM. Have fun if you head over for a game or two it is well worth it.
great photos

Well I finally made it home! Was a great experience and was nice to see us pile on some points with a few special plays from our stars. Was great to be amongst a sea of fellow cowboys fans for the first time in my life
fa15347fdae3010495dfbe53d861a5f3.jpg
71c192bd027d5d35e0585d8fdd3615d0.jpg
933d81fcc302f21d919a8ca8b8e139d2.jpg
Did you do the tour?

Great pics and nice looking stadium, you going to any others?

Did you throw your resume in to Jerry to apply for Garrett's job next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back