Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly but Merret probably wants success in the next year or two he'll be waiting at Carlton
Well if Merrett wants success in the next year or two his best off looking at Richmond, Geelong, saints, I was going to say us but I don’t think we will be able to afford him or he can always stay at Essendon or go join Carlton and wait for success in a few years

Murphy and Betts would be on stuff all

If Merret goes money won't be a driving factor the bloke wants to achieve success and will go to a team in flag contention which puts Carlton out of the race

Don't know how reliable fogdog is but he claims that Merret has agreed to a contract extention over at bomberblitz.

fogdog claimed Hird will coach Essendon with Bomber 6 months before the media went with it we'll see how reliable he is.
Agreeing contract terms or close to signing? I imagine Merrett, Cripps, and the Bont all have a very clear idea of the terms being offered by the their incumbent teams. Whether they choose to sign it is a diffferent matter.

Williams showed he can be a very good mid when GWS had a lot of injuries. But like ess with Shiel you have to over pay plays to get them to your club. Blues will be hoping for a better return on their investment.

With Saad also coming in Williams isn’t needed in the backline.

Shiel we traded for. Zac Williams they’re paying (a rumoured) $800,000+ in the hope a half back can become a better than decent midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiel we traded for. Zac Williams they’re paying (a rumoured) $800,000+ in the hope a half back can become a better than decent midfielder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you see Williams play in the midfield against Collingwood in the 2019 Prelim? He can play midfield for sure, but it's been too tough in the past to get into GWS' midfield. Also, Cripps will always take the oppositions tagger (if they tag), and maybe Walsh if he continues to improve. Not sure Williams will get much negating attention.

Did you see Williams play in the midfield against Collingwood in the 2019 Prelim? He can play midfield for sure, but it's been too tough in the past to get into GWS' midfield. Also, Cripps will always take the oppositions tagger (if they tag), and maybe Walsh if he continues to improve. Not sure Williams will get much negating attention.

Cripps may not be the first player tagged if they find its easier and more damaging to tag other guys.

Tagging an oversized inside player is generally going to be harder and less beneficial than tagging a smaller player that‘s a strong metres gained type.

That’s why they tag Whitfield or Kelly and not Ward.

Cripps may not be the first player tagged if they find its easier and more damaging to tag other guys.

Tagging an oversized inside player is generally going to be harder and less beneficial than tagging a smaller player that‘s a strong metres gained type.

That’s why they tag Whitfield or Kelly and not Ward.

Cripps was tagged in almost every game he played last year, even after he hurt his shoulder.
And I would suggest GWS' midfield bats alot deeper than ours.

Cripps was tagged in almost every game he played last year, even after he hurt his shoulder.
And I would suggest GWS' midfield bats alot deeper than ours.

That’s the point though, Carlton haven’t had others to tag. GWS does and it’s not the clearance player copping it, it’s the metres gained ones.

Cripps may get left alone more if opposition coaches decide Walsh or Williams are easier and more beneficial to tag.

If Aliir Aliir constitutes a 'big name', than the bar is pretty low. Aliir is far from a big signing.

So it's true that from both Adelaide clubs, you can count the number of big signings ever on one hand then? Because you said it wasn't true, but it appears that it is. Now you've changed to "we don't have a problem attracting players". I would argue you absolutely have a problem attracting big names that were not born in SA, which Merrett falls into. History tells us that.

You want me to move on because I've called you out for being incorrect.
You list Matt Kennedy as a Carlton recruit but Aliir Aliir has you outraged?

Weird.

You list Matt Kennedy as a Carlton recruit but Aliir Aliir has you outraged?

Weird.

What's not weird is the usual disingenuous and crap posting from you.

Direct quote from me talking about Kennedy and others " ... whilst certainly couldn't be considered big names, also had suitors". Try again.

Said poster was trying to claim that Aliir Aliir was a big name recruit. Barely even requires rebuttal it's so ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the point though, Carlton haven’t had others to tag. GWS does and it’s not the clearance player copping it, it’s the metres gained ones.

Cripps may get left alone more if opposition coaches decide Walsh or Williams are easier and more beneficial to tag.

I feel like Cripps will be tagged for a while yet. When the opposition don't run anyone with him he usually plays very well.
Walsh will get tagged at some point, but not whilst Cripps is our best mid.
Over the last couple of years we have been pretty poor when the opposition can limit Cripps' output.

What's not weird is the usual disingenuous and crap posting from you.

Direct quote from me talking about Kennedy and others " ... whilst certainly couldn't be considered big names, also had suitors". Try again.

Said poster was trying to claim that Aliir Aliir was a big name recruit. Barely even requires rebuttal it's so ridiculous.
Right so Port recruits aren't worth anything because they aren't big names.

But Carlton's not big name recruits count just coz.

Thanks for being a fan of my posting though. :) Have we conversed before?

Right so Port recruits aren't worth anything because they aren't big names.

But Carlton's not big name recruits count just coz.

Thanks for being a fan of my posting though. :) Have we conversed before?

You can take the posts out of context and go along with a pretend narrative all you like, it's not working...

You can take the posts out of context and go along with a pretend narrative all you like, it's not working...
If you don't like the narrative it's not my posts you need to concern yourself with.

I don't see us being worse than Hawks,North, Crows if we do then the club is in deep sh*t

I think we will finish where we always finish between 8th-14th
8th!!! You won 1 of your last 11 games and had better players leave than come in. Tipping you will be extremely disappointed if you think you will be close to the top 8.

Hawks are starting favs against you in round 1. Thinking you are better than them is pre season hope.

Murphy and Betts would be on stuff all

If Merret goes money won't be a driving factor the bloke wants to achieve success and will go to a team in flag contention which puts Carlton out of the race

Don't know how reliable fogdog is but he claims that Merret has agreed to a contract extention over at bomberblitz.

fogdog claimed Hird will coach Essendon with Bomber 6 months before the media went with it we'll see how reliable he is.
Lol fogdog!!! For everyone 1 thing he gets right he gets 200 things wrong. Poster said nothing would come from the supplement saga.

8th!!! You won 1 of your last 11 games and had better players leave than come in. Tipping you will be extremely disappointed if you think you will be close to the top 8.

Hawks are starting favs against you in round 1. Thinking you are better than them is pre season hope.

Like I care the Hawks are faverouites or any match for that matter.

Essendon tend to play better when no one rates them.

If he wants out Carlton, Brisbane or Saints would be a perfect fit for him. He'd have to take less money if he left though I'd imagine.

Disastrous for Essendon if he leaves for less money.
Yes. Having a player leaving a club destined for the bottom of the ladder for the next 3 year's for less money to try and get success elsewhere is a disaster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back