Zimbabwe tour of South Africa and Bangladesh

Remove this Banner Ad

Paarl is lovely but Cricket SA are really giving the poor old Zimbos a tour of some of the bigger dumps in South Africa.

I'm sure the Zimbos won't mind. Just happy to get any tour these days.

Australia will do the same when Zim tour here in June 2020. Alice Springs or Cairns? :)

I'm sure the Zimbos won't mind. Just happy to get any tour these days.

Australia will do the same when Zim tour here in June 2020. Alice Springs or Cairns? :)
My old man's favourite cricket memory is him and another Zim mate going to Albury during the 1992 WC here and watching them beat the Poms.

Haven't seen any of it, but looks like the early season wickets in South Africa are pretty tricky to bat on going by the scores in the first two matches. It's a pleasant surprise to see names like Taylor, Ervine, Moor, Mire and Jarvis back in the side - does this mean the pay dispute is over? Any case any side in the world will have a tough time of it against an attack of Steyn, Ngidi, Phelukwayo and the evergreen Tahir on an apparently uneven pitch. Even SA required the batting services of Steyn (first ODI half century to save them from 7-100).

Haven't seen any of it, but looks like the early season wickets in South Africa are pretty tricky to bat on going by the scores in the first two matches. It's a pleasant surprise to see names like Taylor, Ervine, Moor, Mire and Jarvis back in the side - does this mean the pay dispute is over? Any case any side in the world will have a tough time of it against an attack of Steyn, Ngidi, Phelukwayo and the evergreen Tahir on an apparently uneven pitch. Even SA required the batting services of Steyn (first ODI half century to save them from 7-100).

They got paid so the pay dispute is resolved for now. Raza is the other top player who is currently playing in the Afghan Premier League and will come straight back in for the Bangaldesh series.

Hard to improve as a team if the players ain't getting payed. A few good young players the leggie but sa just toyed with them last night.

This time Zim keep their foots firmly on the Bangas throats with a pretty comprehensive win in the 1st Test. First away win since 2001.

Nice win, this playing group has faced a fair bit of hardship but a test win away is immense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the best efforts of Jarvis, Mushfiqur (first keeper to ever score two doubles at test level) and Mominul (very talented batsman who's been through a prolonged form slump) both turned the game around with huge knocks.

Zimbabwe now under pressure to basically bat the test out.

0/328 from the Zimbabwe spinners. lol

Taijul already has 1 wicket and I suspect will be taking plenty more on day 3.

Despite the best efforts of Jarvis, Mushfiqur (first keeper to ever score two doubles at test level) and Mominul (very talented batsman who's been through a prolonged form slump) both turned the game around with huge knocks.

Zimbabwe now under pressure to basically bat the test out.
5/71 out of a score of 7/522 is a fair effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back