Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blpwtr0CAAAkLNH.jpg
Hogwarts FC Est. 1990

Out of those, I think we would have Essendon's measure at home, and would consider us a decent chance of beating Collingwood away again. Perhaps even a sneaky chance of taking down the Swans away too. As you say though, it all depends on the season - we're only 5 rounds in at the moment.
I mean more though from what happens to the other teams, like more of the Saints beating Essendon.

There are plenty of danger games however

Melbourne at TIO
St Kilda at Ethiad
Crows at Home, especially with walker back
Richmond

No game is an easy game, but we need to be on the ball every single game, 'anywhere anytime'

I mean more though from what happens to the other teams, like more of the Saints beating Essendon.

There are plenty of danger games however

Melbourne at TIO
St Kilda at Ethiad
Crows at Home, especially with walker back
Richmond

No game is an easy game, but we need to be on the ball every single game, 'anywhere anytime'
Yeah we definitely can't take any game for granted. I'm a little nervous about the Bulldogs match too, given what happened last year.

Richard Douglas will probably get a week or two but damn I hate suspensions caused by a lack of awareness from the guy who got hit

Its not one of those incidents that the player wasnt aware (jonas on roberton). Ward literally wasnt in the contest. Ward was jogging in line with the play and Douglas lined him up from a while back and sniped him.

Not many have Picketts awareness of Crow snipers.

Attended today's game at Adelaide Oval and thought I'd post some observations on the match day experience and game itself.

- Attendance was good, it was easy to tell that it was going to be 40k+ with the amount of people trickling in at 12:30.
- From afar the area outside the Southern Stand looked chockers, turns out the numbers were the hundreds of people queued up for ticket sales - says to me that they were walk ups.
- There was 0 atmosphere outside the stadium pre-game. No bands, no kidzones, little more than an independent facepainter who'd set up outside.
- It was much easier getting a drink/food compared to our games despite the 44000 crowd.

The game and crowd itself:
- No one cheers unless a goal is scored. That first 20min period when they were behind... nothing.
- They cheered after goals and after Douglas hit Ward.
- OTR dance is cringeworthy
- Crawwing after a goal is actually sort of fun :p
- I kind of miss the fake 19th man cheer-meter that they sed to play at AAMI.

- 'The Pride' or whatever they call themselves chanted 'MORE THAN PORT!!' repeatedly after the crowd figure was displayed on the screen. Also kept chanting 'LOSSSSSSSERRRRRRRRSSS!!' from about the 3rd qtr. Thought it lacked class.

Attended today's game at Adelaide Oval and thought I'd post some observations on the match day experience and game itself.

- Attendance was good, it was easy to tell that it was going to be 40k+ with the amount of people trickling in at 12:30.
- From afar the area outside the Southern Stand looked chockers, turns out the numbers were the hundreds of people queued up for ticket sales - says to me that they were walk ups.
- There was 0 atmosphere outside the stadium pre-game. No bands, no kidzones, little more than an independent facepainter who'd set up outside.
- It was much easier getting a drink/food compared to our games despite the 44000 crowd.

The game and crowd itself:
- No one cheers unless a goal is scored. That first 20min period when they were behind... nothing.
- They cheered after goals and after Douglas hit Ward.
- OTR dance is cringeworthy
- Crawwing after a goal is actually sort of fun :p
- I kind of miss the fake 19th man cheer-meter that they sed to play at AAMI.

- 'The Pride' or whatever they call themselves chanted 'MORE THAN PORT!!' repeatedly after the crowd figure was displayed on the screen. Also kept chanting 'LOSSSSSSSERRRRRRRRSSS!!' from about the 3rd qtr. Thought it lacked class.

the clowns must have found somewhere to have their pre-game bbq's after all.

IIRC the numbers used to show our crowds at West Lakes were a lot 'more thirsty' than theirs.

Its not one of those incidents that the player wasnt aware (jonas on roberton). Ward literally wasnt in the contest. Ward was jogging in line with the play and Douglas lined him up from a while back and sniped him.

Not many have Picketts awareness of Crow snipers.

Not trolling... He will go for 3 i reckon.
In the preseason it was ward who nearly made douglas an IT...
Got payback for what surely was a very painful injury.

Geez since when are crowd numbers worth 4 points :rolleyes:

If that's all they have on us you know we're traveling well :thumbsu:

Could no help myself :) had to post this in the comments of a paper re crows great win...

Looks like Douglas got a tip from Bickley when he downed an unsuspecting Callan Ward. Bickley did the same to an unsuspecting Darryl Wakelin of Port Adelaide and got 5 matches for it.:)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jeez -

wouldn't want to read anything about the game turning into netball come from your keyboard, smithy7 -

he'll probably get weeks considering Fyfe did, but it's a diservice for every footy fan if every kind of physical contact like that is going to be compared to something like that Bickley hit...

jeez -

wouldn't want to read anything about the game turning into netball come from your keyboard, smithy7 -

he'll probably get weeks considering Fyfe did, but it's a diservice for every footy fan if every kind of physical contact like that is going to be compared to something like that Bickley hit...
It wasn't a Bickley hit, but it was off the ball and resulted in a concussion. He'll get intentional, possibly high impact and high contact... that would give him a level 5 offence, 5 weeks, 4 with an early plea. That's probably worst case. He may get downgraded to medium impact, but would still be likely to get 3-4 weeks.

the clowns must have found somewhere to have their pre-game bbq's after all.

IIRC the numbers used to show our crowds at West Lakes were a lot 'more thirsty' than theirs.
Thirsty for beers, yes. Crows fans are kept satisfied by their thermos.

I don't recall seeing those banners when we were belting them by 9 goals, or when a struggling Swans side came over and beat them by 10+ goals. Good to see they're up and about after finally getting a win at our home ground against a bunch of teenagers though.

They had them made for the Showdown, of that I have no doubt. I could have told them it was a waste of time, as the Crows are shithouse. Probably spent a lot of time and money on them too, so they have to get as much mileage out of them as possible.

I'd be embarrassed to wave them around after the performances that the Crows have dished up in the first three weeks. Maybe wait until they beat someone decent before claiming any self-styled first-born birthright. But then again, they have no moral compass, so it makes perfect sense.

"Bad: Douglas may get weeks for a perfect footy bump"

"- Douglas probably going to be rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for a perfectly legal bump."

Two mind numbingly stupid posts by Crows supporters. Ward wasn't chasing, just jogging, eyes on the man with the ball and no threat to the ball carrier from the footage I saw.

Someone dig up a thread with Choppy on Biglands and see what they said then (*difference was Biglands initiated it)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

"Bad: Douglas may get weeks for a perfect footy bump"

"- Douglas probably going to be rubbed out for 1-2 weeks for a perfectly legal bump."

Two mind numbingly stupid posts by Crows supporters. Ward wasn't chasing, just jogging, eyes on the man with the ball and no threat to the ball carrier from the footage I saw.

When a Crows player lays someone out it's the best thing that's ever happened ever. When a Crow gets put down it's boo-urns dirty thuggery typical of scum that something or other.

Also Eade left the Bulldogs in a worse state than Choco did here.

might want to rethink that, look at our squad now, most of the guns played or came through the williams era, hoff, boak, gray, carlile, broadbent, trengove, schultz, hartlett, pittard, stewart, moore, butcher, oshea, young, redden, dom, kane, newton all came through the choco era. some quality youngsters in that lot. it was our drafting under useless stewart that was the reason for our poor era, once he left we were back on track, look at our picks from early to mid 2000s, absolute spud harvesters of the highest order. once stewart left we suddenly got quality back in the squad.

ward wasnt chasing the player, it was a fair way off the ball but it was just a solid bump, would have been alright but the clash of heads means douglas is in trouble, will get a similar suspension to fyfe, maybe 1 week more as it was a bit off the ball. no clash of heads and it wouldn't be a problem

It wasn't a Bickley hit, but it was off the ball and resulted in a concussion. He'll get intentional, possibly high impact and high contact... that would give him a level 5 offence, 5 weeks, 4 with an early plea. That's probably worst case. He may get downgraded to medium impact, but would still be likely to get 3-4 weeks.

Be surprised if it's graded intentional. He didn't intend to make head high contact unlike Bickley. The Fyfe collision was graded as negligent, that's likely what Douglas will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back