The Official 'RamPAIGE' Fan Zone Thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had genuinely never viewed it from that perspective, it's a valid point. In terms of equating the two, though, would argue that there is a difference between semi-fictitious satire interspersed between updates on topics of discussion at the forum where the vast majority of the audience would have no way of making a link to a specific individual and personal insults / invective clearly directed at a specific, identifiable individual. Might be looking too hard for a differentiator that isn't there, but that would be my initial instinct.

EuuBwlG.png

and yet we're not allowed to post personal insults about her appearance & or sexual orientation. :rolleyes: That twitter comment is absolutely feral. She deserves whatever s**t that's flung her way.
Two wrongs don't make a right. I'd argue the good people of BigFooty have a little more respect for other people.

Had genuinely never viewed it from that perspective, it's a valid point. In terms of equating the two, though, would argue that there is a difference between semi-fictitious satire interspersed between updates on topics of discussion at the forum where the vast majority of the audience would have no way of making a link to a specific individual and personal insults / invective clearly directed at a specific, identifiable individual. Might be looking too hard for a differentiator that isn't there, but that would be my initial instinct.
I'd disagree with that. The comments that removed were factual, based on comments made by Paige herself, and were not semi-fictitious. There is also a direct link to the identifiable individual, her Twitter tag is listed various times in this thread. I'd suggest your initial instincts are to try and find something that doesn't exist.

Whoa, what a linguistic nightmare.

I'd also argue that this post is extremely pleonastic and somewhat garrulous.

I'd disagree with that. The comments that removed were factual, based on comments made by Paige herself, and were not semi-fictitious. There is also a direct link to the identifiable individual, her Twitter tag is listed various times in this thread. I'd suggest your initial instincts are to try and find something that doesn't exist.
For me it Paige's comment was semi-fictitous as 'Beanie Man' is not likely to be married to his sister (fictitious), but the Person exists (factual).
In terms of Paige's twitter tag, am not sure I follow, aren't we arguing the same thing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa, what a linguistic nightmare.
Yeah, what I was trying to say was:
Paige's updates from the forum were satirical, not intended to be taken seriously and for most not linked to any specific, identifiable person (Beanie Man)
Attacks at an individual (like Paige) are directly linked to that identifiable person and if they are based on sex / sexual orientation /..., not the same thing.

Yeah, what I was trying to say was:
Paige's updates from the forum were satirical, not intended to be taken seriously and for most not linked to any specific, identifiable person (Beanie Man)
Attacks at an individual (like Paige) are directly linked to that identifiable person and if they are based on sex / sexual orientation /..., not the same thing.

I don't believe her slandering beanie man was satirical, since she's not funny at all.

Just because beanie man wasn't identified by name doesn't make him any less of a real person with feelings, just like everyone else. #BeanieMansFeelingsMatter

Her, Damo and Matt Joyce are all horrendous at supercoach. Its funny how they give people advice and people actually listen.

Someone needs to start a supercoach professional body so people need to get accredited before they give advice.

I actually think paige is probably the better out of the 3. Matt Joyce is LOL bad.

I would love to see the stats on their yearly finishes over the last few years.

What are your finishes the last few years? Maybe you can be the accreditation guy

The SC universe needs these clowns. So long as the Facebook brigade keeps taking their advice en mass, it's less competition for spots inside the top 20k.

Top 20K? Way to aim high. That's like your career aspirations to be at the front of the line when centrelink opens

Top 20K? Way to aim high. That's like your career aspirations to be at the front of the line when centrelink opens

Not for myself, anything outside the top 1k is a massive fail.:rainbow:

I was referring to Paige not being a top 20k coach with masses of people following her advice, when I made that comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back