Club Focus Geelong 2023 - Reportedly open to trading their first round pick

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Don't care there's 12 months to go. Parfitt has to be traded in October.

He will be im sure a bottom club will take his contract for not much.

Esava is a pleasant surprise and looks worth signing.

I honestly wouldn't mind having a look at Marty Hore in the MSD... as a replacement for Bews, as we need a mid size player defender

I honestly wouldn't mind having a look at Marty Hore in the MSD... as a replacement for Bews, as we need a mid size player defender
With Bews, I actually think we should look at Mullin playing that role in the seniors later in the year before making a call.

If he can get his kicking to the level required then he definitely has the speed and physicality to match small forwards.

Bews we basically played Bews into being an asset through having him just tag smalls for the first half his career and I think we can get Mullin playing early the same way.

Bews has learned a lot of tricks in the last few years but not so many that he can overcome his lost leg speed so I think he's at the end now. To get to where he is from where he came from was such an amazing turn around that it would be heartbreaking to sit there and watch him just fall apart slowly.

With Bews, I actually think we should look at Mullin playing that role in the seniors later in the year before making a call.

If he can get his kicking to the level required then he definitely has the speed and physicality to match small forwards.

Bews we basically played Bews into being an asset through having him just tag smalls for the first half his career and I think we can get Mullin playing early the same way.

Bews has learned a lot of tricks in the last few years but not so many that he can overcome his lost leg speed so I think he's at the end now. To get to where he is from where he came from was such an amazing turn around that it would be heartbreaking to sit there and watch him just fall apart slowly.
Mullin is a long term project, will be 2 years until we see him I think...
Hopefully he can be a player for us for many years

You said it.... 18 months later so basically 2 years were looking at Mullin.....
Yeah, but I'm also saying lockdown small defender is not a role he has to think much in. Play him the way we played Bews on Betts back in the day. Bews at the time was literally just a run and tackle player. MOC was half back flank where he had to be able to kick well and read the play.

Yeah, but I'm also saying lockdown small defender is not a role he has to think much in. Play him the way we played Bews on Betts back in the day. Bews at the time was literally just a run and tackle player. MOC was half back flank where he had to be able to kick well and read the play.
But the pace of the game you have to think fast, and make sure your disposal is on thr money... lets give him 2 seasons in the VFL and let him develop... Whyte is the next small defender will be given chance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But the pace of the game you have to think fast, and make sure your disposal is on thr money... lets give him 2 seasons in the VFL and let him develop... Whyte is the next small defender will be given chance
I don't think Whyte makes it as a defender. When Bews was new to that role half his kicks went OOB on the full.

Esava is a pleasant surprise and looks worth signing.

Really no surprise at all.
He always had the talent. Was hoping he was moved to defense a couple of years earlier.
Still needs a lot more time to develop as he will get exposed from time to time.

It dramatically fills a much needed spot in the team.
With only one traditional sized tall down back (De Koning), we would have been on the lookout for another in the upcoming drafts.

Our focus can now shift to midfield again. Clark (future gun), Bruhn, Knevitt, Atkins, Holmes, O'Conner (when he's in the middle), Parfitt are the guys who will have to lead from the front.

Darcy Parish would be a very handy inclusion. Not sure what we would have to give up for a player of his caliber. As for an inside clearance-winning machine, he would certainly help alleviate the imminent retirement of Dangerfield.

You said it.... 18 months later so basically 2 years were looking at Mullin.....
O'Connor was 20 when he played his first game so needed to develop a lot physically. Mullin is 23 and is physically imposing already. If we take him he'll play soon and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's playing week in week out by the start of next season.

O'Connor was 20 when he played his first game so needed to develop a lot physically. Mullin is 23 and is physically imposing already. If we take him he'll play soon and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's playing week in week out by the start of next season.
Like I said O'Connor first game was terrible... Mullin will spend 12 months playing VFL, he might play 1 but no wat would we rush him despite his age

Geelong not locked in to even participate in the MSD. Still deciding on whether to pick someone as they feel injury issues are about to abate and spots in the team will be filled.

Also talks about closing in on new deals for Clark and Miers.

Geelong not locked in to even participate in the MSD. Still deciding on whether to pick someone as they feel injury issues are about to abate and spots in the team will be filled.

Also talks about closing in on new deals for Clark and Miers.

I dont buy that our injury list is huge and stanley is out long term. You would think we have to bring a ruck in. Good news on miers.

I dont buy that our injury list is huge and stanley is out long term. You would think we have to bring a ruck in. Good news on miers.
The question would be if any Ruck not already in the system is a better option than what we already have, not sure any of them are tbh, massive gap in standrard of Ruckmen between state leagues and senior AFL footy.

The question would be if any Ruck not already in the system is a better option than what we already have, not sure any of them are tbh, massive gap in standrard of Ruckmen between state leagues and senior AFL footy.
There's a massive gap between the top 4 or 5 ruckmen and the rest of the afl-level ruckmen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back