2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

o_Oo_O Kidding pal, you've got peter hood, Shane Jacobs, Harley Ryan and Matt Dornauf to compete with, no where near that standard of player, good not great, will most likely be in the top 10 in the league bnf but no where near the "best" player in the league.

I could make a strong case why Matty Dornauf isn't half the player Loads is "pal"

Horrible footballer, jury is still out on his coaching ability as well. Makes ridiculous selection decisions on Thursday nights eg picking his mates no.90. (When will the penny drop that he is not good enough). This guy is just after short term success and is trying to better his resume and win a flag with his mates and does not care about the future of the club.
As I have said before some of the young players are leaving due to him and the lack of a development plan at the club.
As you have so many constructive suggestions, I think you should head down to Ben Frilay and introduce yourself to Matt our President, I'm sure he would be more than happy to sit down with you and get you on board for next years planning, he is there every afternoon.

I asked a question earlier about Shaw, Kruezer, Tilley , Harvey and Farrelly on what would happen if Hursty win the premiership. Not one person answered the question. Any takers on answering the question?
hursty have 12 or so 19's roll through the seniors this year, if they go up to div one nobody will leave, those older blokes are good mentors for the younger blokes, future looks bright regardless of this years outcome

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Farrelly, Kruezer, Shaw, Tilley, Harvey etc are all willing to play against their former clubs where they have won premierships?
Id say a few of them wont go again if they win the flag. Got a feeling they thought it may take 2 years rather than one to win the flag. Reckon shaw, hayden farrelly, tills may go on. Others not so sure on. In the end it may not matter as lalor in box seat

Horrible footballer, jury is still out on his coaching ability as well. Makes ridiculous selection decisions on Thursday nights eg picking his mates no.90. (When will the penny drop that he is not good enough). This guy is just after short term success and is trying to better his resume and win a flag with his mates and does not care about the future of the club.
As I have said before some of the young players are leaving due to him and the lack of a development plan at the club.

Still not sure what your personal vendetta against Michael Ryan is based on?
Can't question his coaching ability, taken a team from borderline relegation to premiership contention, as well as recruited a number of quality footballers perfect for developing juniors

Starting to think there might be more to it, someone close to you not getting a game???

Still not sure what your personal vendetta against Michael Ryan is based on?
Can't question his coaching ability, taken a team from borderline relegation to premiership contention, as well as recruited a number of quality footballers perfect for developing juniors

Starting to think there might be more to it, someone close to you not getting a game???
No vendetta, just don't think he is a very good footballer. Several other posts agree with me. Why not question them? I have spoken to people at his previous clubs and they say the same thing.
I also said that his coaching ability is still under question. Most people thought that Hurstbridge should at least make the grand final with their recruiting. You don't agree?
The seconds at Hurstbridge were like a rotting ground for some players unless you were mates with the coach. Some of the players that he continued to play were below average senior players at best but it's not what you know but who you know. If Hurstbridge are to take the next step he needs to make decisions on ability and not friendship.

back on topic, 2 big preliminary finals this weekend.. hurstbridge and whittlesea both 1s and 2s..

whose it gonna be?

have a feeling its going to be a double for either club.

No vendetta, just don't think he is a very good footballer. Several other posts agree with me. Why not question them? I have spoken to people at his previous clubs and they say the same thing.
I also said that his coaching ability is still under question. Most people thought that Hurstbridge should at least make the grand final with their recruiting. You don't agree?
The seconds at Hurstbridge were like a rotting ground for some players unless you were mates with the coach. Some of the players that he continued to play were below average senior players at best but it's not what you know but who you know. If Hurstbridge are to take the next step he needs to make decisions on ability and not friendship.
Lets not be fooled. The bloke is a cat. Weakest link in side. Played div 1 as a tagger. Demands footy wherever he is on ground.

back on topic, 2 big preliminary finals this weekend.. hurstbridge and whittlesea both 1s and 2s..

whose it gonna be?

have a feeling its going to be a double for either club.

I think Lalor more than anything else want to play Hurstbridge again. Whittlesea have beaten them three times out of three this year.

As for the two's I'm unsure, anyone's game there.

Hmm seems as though you have some inside info or something?

Sounds like you might either be a bloke who can't get a game or be friends with someone who can't. Sour grapes??

Also would have thought the reason why Hurstbridge have recruited so well during the off season was due to him... Cos I can guarantee all those experienced blokes who have come from Div 1 wouldn't have played if it wasn't for him. And now doing the Maths they narrowly avoided relegation last season so would have thought their turn in form up the ladder so quickly has had something to do with those recruits.... And possible something to do with the coach?? Or nah just a coincidence??

Hmm seems as though you have some inside info or something?

Sounds like you might either be a bloke who can't get a game or be friends with someone who can't. Sour grapes??

Also would have thought the reason why Hurstbridge have recruited so well during the off season was due to him... Cos I can guarantee all those experienced blokes who have come from Div 1 wouldn't have played if it wasn't for him. And now doing the Maths they narrowly avoided relegation last season so would have thought their turn in form up the ladder so quickly has had something to do with those recruits.... And possible something to do with the coach?? Or nah just a coincidence??
Yeah, I could also be a past jilted lover.

But seriously what you are saying is that the players have only come over for the coach? What happens if he leaves? Do the players follow? That doesn't leave the club in a good position.

Please don't get me wrong, I do love the club but I just have a different idea on how the club is going. If they win a flag this year great, but where to from there? I just don't want it to be another memory like 2003. I never want to be in Div 3 ever again.

The recruiting that was done was always going to give the club a very good chance of winning a flag. Chopper does speak very well, but I think the day of a playing coach has passed by, but then again that is a club decision. Will the club have an under 19's next year? I don't know. But I overhear things and it worries me when I hear the kids are losing interest or getting disheartened.
Some guys in the seconds have fallen out of favour for some reason or the other and you also don't want to lose these players as they are your depth players and mostly the heart and soul of the club. I felt frustrated that some of these players didn't get a game this year as well.
Over and out.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could also be a past jilted lover.

But seriously what you are saying is that the players have only come over for the coach? What happens if he leaves? Do the players follow? That doesn't leave the club in a good position.

Please don't get me wrong, I do love the club but I just have a different idea on how the club is going. If they win a flag this year great, but where to from there? I just don't want it to be another memory like 2003. I never want to be in Div 3 ever again.

The recruiting that was done was always going to give the club a very good chance of winning a flag. Chopper does speak very well, but I think the day of a playing coach has passed by, but then again that is a club decision. Will the club have an under 19's next year? I don't know. But I overhear things and it worries me when I hear the kids are losing interest or getting disheartened.
Some guys in the seconds have fallen out of favour for some reason or the other and you also don't want to lose these players as they are your depth players and mostly the heart and soul of the club. I felt frustrated that some of these players didn't get a game this year as well.
Over and out.
Instead of publicly airing your grievances with your club coach on bigfooty why don't you bring your concerns to your club committee?

Sounds as though you are an old club stalwart who isn't prepared to move with the times... So instead of having a chance of winning another flag with some experienced recruits and a young coach you'd be happy to languish in the depths of div 2 and possibly div 3... Really doesn't make sense to me pal.

I guess being involved with a successful div 1 club gives me a different perspective to you, but I'm sure if you asked most of your kids wether the like contending for a div 2 flag and having to work to keep their spots or play every week getting their arses kicked in pretty sure the kids who could play would choose the first option....

Instead of publicly airing your grievances with your club coach on bigfooty why don't you bring your concerns to your club committee?

Sounds as though you are an old club stalwart who isn't prepared to move with the times... So instead of having a chance of winning another flag with some experienced recruits and a young coach you'd be happy to languish in the depths of div 2 and possibly div 3... Really doesn't make sense to me pal.

I guess being involved with a successful div 1 club gives me a different perspective to you, but I'm sure if you asked most of your kids wether the like contending for a div 2 flag and having to work to keep their spots or play every week getting their arses kicked in pretty sure the kids who could play would choose the first option....

So the recruits went to Hurstbridge because of the coach and not the piles of cash? Turn it up .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back