2015 Pre-Season (All news, press conferences, training reports)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dw, we'll get Jeremy Cameron at the end of the year and everything will be fine.
Then we get Danger for Aish, plus there first round and probably Sloane and we will be sweet.

I thought Golby had been training well, but after his Patchy form last season he might have to show some consistency in the twos and be among the best before he gets another go at seniors.

Disappointed Golby and Paine have been left out. Clearly Leppa has some sort of standard they can't meet which I'm unable to see.
I don't think Paine being left out is anything to worry about. He has a lot of work to do if he wants to stay on the list.

Surely we'll get him out for the Gold Coast at the very least...Unusual for the club not to give him a run.

Dont think he will either. Whilst im sure he would rather play, i dont think Robbo is under pressure to grab a spot just yet. He is a genuine hard inside mid, and we dont have many of those developing on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping for some improvement in the NEAFL standard of footy especially from the Lions perspective. Is it just me and I welcome any correction but I found the standard a little below par??

I'm hoping for some improvement in the NEAFL standard of footy especially from the Lions perspective. Is it just me and I welcome any correction but I found the standard a little below par??
It should raise a little. Given that polks and lilse arent running around in it anymore.

I think a few people have mentioned it in comparison to say the VFA that all the Melb clubs get to use.

I am a firm believer of bringing back the reserves footy to play before the main game. It gives you something to watch while waiting for the main stage but also puts the reserve players on even playing field and not VFA or NEAFL etc when one league is better than the other.

IF they don't want to play them on the main stage before the big game then still play the reserves but at a different ground..... but the only way to make the reserves even playing fields is to pit them against each other and not in different leagues...

It is something that is being worked on, but is probably a more long term thing. There are a few good sides now, but overall there just isnt enough talent to fill out all the teams, and most of the good talent is being sucked into a select couple of teams.

Just another way the academies will help grow the game in northern states, produce more talent.

In the past few years when the QAFL & WAFL rep teams played, it was remarked upon that the WAFL is far more skillful, but perhaps not quite as physical as the QAFL. I don't know if that comparison is apt, but perhaps it's just a case of what you're used to. But yeah, it's what you get when you're the 3rd or 4th ranked code in a state.

I can't see NEAFL ever providing the standards of footy you'll see in the WAFL, SANFL, VFL or VFA where footy is lived and breathed by all. The boys I spoke to on Saturday said they expect a fair improvement compared to last year though, because "We won't have very many top up players" this year.
We were shocking last year.

I am big on Nrobbo, he will get his chance.
I like him and hope he can work his way into the seniors, but IMO there's still plenty he can work on in the ressies.

Yeah I agree with less top ups perhaps the lions ressies will be more competitive more often and hopefully be able to play to the seniors game plan for longer and with more consistency.

Can't wait to see Dawson in action and see how Stef goes in his first hitout for the year. Like to see him be more of a presence up forward and kick a couple of goals. Hopefully the boys skills are a bit sharper than last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back