Traded Jordan Dawson traded to Adelaide for F1 (Melb)

If he leaves, what should Sydney get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st round pick

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other second round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Only bright side out of this deal for the Swans is just further re-enforcing the need for academies in non-traditional states.

Finlayson, M.Kennedy, Setterfield and Zac Williams were all GWS academy players who requested trades interstate. The academy system isn’t a solution to player retention issues.

99% sure we won’t be splitting 4 for a guy that’s had one great year. Ports pick is about his price so if we can package something up for the Dogs first rounder plus a late pick that should do it

I get that the Crows are unlikely to include pick 4, but to suggest Dawson has had “one good year” is a fallacy. Had some injury concerns early in his career, then finally got a good run at it and has finished 9th, then third, in the Swans best and fairest.

He is an absolute gun and it will sting Sydney to have to trade him as an uncontracted player. With a contract he’d be worth a couple of first rounders - a price I’d happily pay to get him to stay in Sydney!

I get that the Crows are unlikely to include pick 4, but to suggest Dawson has had “one good year” is a fallacy. Had some injury concerns early in his career, then finally got a good run at it and has finished 9th, then third, in the Swans best and fairest.

He is an absolute gun and it will sting Sydney to have to trade him as an uncontracted player. With a contract he’d be worth a couple of first rounders - a price I’d happily pay to get him to stay in Sydney!

you are in dream land 2 first rounders lol good luck with that. Definately late first rounder but have settle pick 23 and future second at best

you are in dream land 2 first rounders lol good luck with that. Definately late first rounder but have settle pick 23 and future second at best

Hi friend, thanks for your response. Please kindly refer to my original post which used the context “if contracted” to explain my value.

Probably get shot down for the sugg but would a split of crows 4 &23 for Tiges 7 & 15 with 15 being sent to Swans be reasonable? You may even get the same player with 7 as you would have 4 given evenness of this part of the draft.

If the crows trade with Richmond it would be 4 for 7 and 15. No 23 included. Adelaide can offer enough to cover Sydney for Dawson without using 4. if the trade happened it would be because Richmond want one of the Vic mids at 4

If the crows trade with Richmond it would be 4 for 7 and 15. No 23 included. Adelaide can offer enough to cover Sydney for Dawson without using 4. if the trade happened it would be because Richmond want one of the Vic mids at 4
wow - a three pick drop in exchange for pick 15. Don’t think so - good luck getting Dawson if you reckon 23 will get it done.

wow - a three pick drop in exchange for pick 15. Don’t think so - good luck getting Dawson if you reckon 23 will get it done.

GWS gave up pick 19 to swap pick 3 for pick 2. Adelaide will be able to add something with 23 and maybe grab the dogs first as they’ll want points for Darcy.

Adelaide don’t need to use 4 for anything unless it massively favours them

In an ideal world yes, but it's not an ideal world and we owe Sydney for screwing us on Tippett and taking advantage of that situation. Time for pay back.

GWS gave up pick 19 to swap pick 3 for pick 2. Adelaide will be able to add something with 23 and maybe grab the dogs first as they’ll want points for Darcy.

Adelaide don’t need to use 4 for anything unless it massively favours them
Everyone is trying to get their hands on dogs 1st. No one can bank on getting this and they may even hold out until draft night before selling it, meaning no one can use it in a trade. As i said - good luck if you can get either 17/18 and Dawson. He’s a gun - but I just don’t think 23 will get it done. Just my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way for Swans not to get screwed is to offer the Dawson $$$ to McAskey or Dodee and get them to request a trade to Swans.
Both recently signed new contracts... so good luck with that

No chance!

Actually depends on how much Adelaide believe they can develop next year.

If they believe they can move to that 10-12 bracket it could be a good trade for themselves.

All hypotheticals and I think highly unlikely they go down that route.

Actually depends on how much Adelaide believe they can develop next year.

If they believe they can move to that 10-12 bracket it could be a good trade for themselves.

All hypotheticals and I think highly unlikely they go down that route.

With Rankine and Lukosious out of contract next year there is definitely no chance at all

With Rankine and Lukosious out of contract next year there is definitely no chance at all

Can understand but it also depends on if the Crows think they are a chance on trading for them.

Yes they are both from SA, but Lukosious is worth a lot more than pick 10 odd and if Rankine continues his form from this year you might not even want to be picking him up.

Everyone is trying to get their hands on dogs 1st. No one can bank on getting this and they may even hold out until draft night before selling it, meaning no one can use it in a trade. As i said - good luck if you can get either 17/18 and Dawson. He’s a gun - but I just don’t think 23 will get it done. Just my opinion
Crows thought they had our first last year as well until the Treloar trade came up.

Wtf he nominated Adelaide, how have Port lost out to the crows, as they had so much cap and are a much better side. The math ain't mathing. How has Nicks got more pull than Hinkley. I seriously don't get how Port have lost out here, they have the more favourable draft capital to get a deal like this over the line, he's a player they definitely needed.

My first and final hypothetical offer is 2 of your finest young key defenders, Crows fans. Take it or leave it.
Yeah exactly, you don't see us bringing up Luke Johnston. ;)
FMD this would have landed better if I remembered his name was Lewis Johnston.

Tbf commentators also always used to call Kurt Tippett "Kirk Tippett" so they also have that in common.

Wtf he nominated Adelaide, how have Port lost out to the crows, as they had so much cap and are a much better side. The math ain't mathing. How has Nicks got more pull than Hinkley. I seriously don't get how Port have lost out here, they have the more favourable draft capital to get a deal like this over the line, he's a player they definitely needed.
Without making any comment on either team's list profiles, I'd say the most obvious answer is that the Crows have probably been in his ear for longer. Recall it was mentioned during the season that they had been trying to lure him across.

Back