Preview Round 1: Hawthorn vs Geelong - Easter Monday MCG (3.20pm)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson and O'Rourke to play.

Duryea, Schoey and Hartung emergencies.

I'd say it's out of Duryea & Anderson to be sub & the other one plays....Can't see them risking O'Rourke for this one, nor Hartung, unless there's a late change & then one of em becomes the sub for mine!

I think Clarskon is going to give Shoenmakers the opportunity to prove himself early in the season. Put his fate in his own hands.

Just not in this game thanks, nor the Filth, Port or Norf!....Maybe for Foots, GWS, Melb, G/C & St.K before the bye....He needs to dominate against these teams before even contemplating playing him against the big boys....Squad player at best.

Interesting team
Langers on backline shiels on forward line Hodge on the ball :)

Shoe makes me wonder if someone has a niggle or he's just a preferred KP depth atm

Suckling will play if fit and Ceglar so two spots up for grabs on the bench

Would like to see JOR and Jedi play either could be sub

Nope. Would be astonished if JOR was picked ahead of Doc. Doc is further advanced in terms of their careers to date. And the difference is reasonably obvious.
O'Rourke has performed better than Duryea this pre-season. Duryea has also been given the vest in the last 2 NAB games. Not a good sign for a player who isn't yet a walk up start - especially when you have someone like Mitchell who is and yet isn't managed to give Duryea the minutes to make his case.

Duryea might be named but I certainly wouldn't be astonished either way.

O'Rourke has performed better than Duryea this pre-season. Duryea has also been given the vest in the last 2 NAB games. Not a good sign for a player who isn't yet a walk up start - especially when you have someone like Mitchell who is and yet isn't managed to give Duryea the minutes to make his case.

Duryea might be named but I certainly wouldn't be astonished either way.
We all want to see the new recruits display their wares and JOR's time will come. But give me break, you're wanting him in on the strength of some modest NAB form ahead of a seasoned campaigner, coming off a good year.Forget the NAB rubbish.

Surprised (but pleased) to see Schoey in the squad although most likely to end up being an emergency I suppose.....
Well said. Schoe has shed a few kegs and is moving far more fluently than last year. He played in the senior squad in the Intraclub where he filled in for Gunstall. Will be an interesting year for Schoe.

Really want O'Rourke to get some fluency in our side and want him to play, can see he along with Jedi and Langers as the future. Not completely sold on Billy the kid yet so if he's an emergency I'm good with that, hopefully some improvement as the season builds.

Ceglar/Anderson/Suckling and O'rourke sub

Well said. Schoe has shed a few kegs and is moving far more fluently than last year. He played in the senior squad in the Intraclub where he filled in for Gunstall. Will be an interesting year for Schoe.

Fluently doesn't mean quick though, he was miles off it last year with his leg speed. How has that looked? He has the tools but the mind doesn't move to quick and his legs don't seem to either. I'm keen to see the guy become a marking forward, showed some good glimpses last year.

The two surprises for me are Hale and Schoe. I thought Hale would get a gig and I'm surprised (pleasantly) that Schoe is in contention.

Yeah I really thought Hale would play, I suspect he isn't 100% no point risking players at this point play who is fit and ready to go

I am curious whether they see Shoe as better KP depth than Spang or if it comes down to fitness again.

I believe that Shoe can cover more positions on the ground than Spang as an emergency and expect we will see him in that bracket a lot this year if we don't have injuries or form pushing him into the team.

Who we play as sub is going to be interesting.

Doc and Jedi both have toughness and can impact in the 4th, I also think JOR is a player who would do well coming on late, same with Billy.

Clarko does like giving baptisms by fire sometimes so we could see JOR or Jedi playing a full game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No huge surprises except maybe for Hale. Birch obviously not ready yet. Agree with WWSD re emergencies. Weird that Schoey is an emergency given his lack of nab selection. Late withdrawal???

Was thinking the same thing myself when I saw it. The comment is made about spang and birch limited nab cup games and non selection but we then see shoe on an extended bench - weird.

Add premiership players Birchall, Spangher, Hale and Simpkin plus Whitecross to the squad of 25 and you have 30 players who I would be comfortable playing in our best 22. Then you have Litherland, Woodward, O'Brien and Sicily developing and in the mix. As far as I know there are no HFC listed/rookie players in tomorrows BHH senior or development squads to play the Northern Blues in practice matches. If this is correct I find the club's player management very interesting. Last year Mitchell and Gibson performed well when they returned after missing multiple games due to injury.

Bilclavs and Clark threats? What a load of crap.

If we lose, any money, it'll be because of Selwood & Hawkins...again :mad:
I guess you're right. Reading comments in here, you have 22 All-Ausralians and Geelong have just equaled St.Kilda's record of wooden spoons.

You have Simpson, so you're half way there.

I guess you're right. Reading comments in here, you have 22 All-Ausralians and Geelong have just equaled St.Kilda's record of wooden spoons.

You have Simpson, so you're half way there.
I don't like your tone.

Well what I'm saying is Hawthorn will win easy.

My tone was obvious.
No, you're being a smart arse, looking for a bite.

You've got one.

I don't know what hawk posters are thinking - fancy talking up their own players on the hawk board. The audacity of them, talking up their own would never happen on the cats board
I give Hawthorn praise in here... get crucified. Talk down Simpson on the Geelong board and get crucified.

I guess it must be Easter.

Sarcasm doesn't travel well through text, but here's it's pretty damn obvious.

Nice try.
Sarcasm? Na you've got it wrong. Read my posts on this board, then travel to the Geelong board and see who I think will win.

Damned if I do, damned If I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back