Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

By the way, where are all the customers today? I believe only 43k turned up.
#wheresallourcustomers
You know how it works. Only 43k turn up to a Crows game, it's because of the weather. Only 43k turn up to a Port game, their fans are bandwagoners who only show up when the team is winning.......

10 minutes ago I saw this story about Friday Night Football in today's 'Tsier by Rucci pages 94 and 95. The graphic to the story isnt on line so here is a cut and paste via www.pressdisplay.com.au

If you are a member of a public library in SA its free, you can go back 2 weeks to 1,400 newspapers around the world. I used to pay $30USD a month for the privelege. Just register with your local library. Click on digital newspaper
http://www.libraries.sa.gov.au/page.aspx

Page 95
FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS
ALWAYS SHINING WITH A VICTORIAN GLOW
Friday Night Football - the AFL’s premier timeslot with national television coverage - has a strong Victorian agenda. Since 2001, only once has the home-and-away season had a Friday night match without a Victorian-based team.

getimage.aspx

page 94 story

The Prime Time Crime of Friday Night Football

IF truth is the first casualty of war, how does the AFL’s platform of equality hold up against the chase for television ratings and sponsorship dollars?

Friday Night Football is the AFL premier timeslot in the fixture. It delivers national free-to-air television coverage with maximum exposure, a dream offering any AFL club can make to its major sponsors. To play on this big stage, the AFL executive demands a club deliver both on and off the field, with a competitive team and appeal to fill the terraces, bars and lounge rooms across the nation. Since 2001, seven of the 14 AFL premierships have been won by non-Victorian clubs. It is a 50-50 split along the expansion clubs and the traditional VFL clubs.

AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan says the FNF rundown for this season was driven by “quirks in the draw” rather than any bias towards the Victorian-based clubs. The push to deliver national, free-to-air telecasts from the Oval with major Saturday night games — such as the Port Adelaide-Sydney game last Saturday — has taken precedence over FNF from Adelaide.

“It is the way the fixture played out — this year,” McLachlan said. “But we are keen — and the broadcasters are keen — on Friday Night Football from Adelaide Oval.” There is a quote to pin on the fridge — and recall the promise in late October when the AFL delivers its fixture for Season 2016.

The Prime Time Crime of Friday Night Football

I call bullshit. The quirk of the draw is we mandatory give them to Vic clubs
Of course its bullshit, but Gill has got the food prices down

In Melbourne

Yeah but rather than spinning such lies that only some poor bugger that has suffered a brain injury would believe just tell the truth.

Tell the truth and it will set you free

Yeah but rather than spinning such lies that only some poor bugger that has suffered a brain injury would believe just tell the truth.

Tell the truth and it will set you free

I think this has potential in my, talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis - thread. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It just looks terrible when players do the inside out kick, when they should have skills on the other side.

I dont know, Motlop should have used his left rather than his right here. But Puopolo not having a left foot cost the Hawks a spot in the 2011 GF, just gotta find the footage.

Only in Australia could a feat of such outlandish difficulty and skill be outvoted by something my nan could do.
I was waiting for someone to bring that up. :D

Adelaide football club complain to afl umpires about treatment of Dangerfield. :cry:

Dangerfield responds by throwing his head back at every contest. :drunk:

#dangerplaysforfrees
Just heard Peter Welsh's press conference and he denies they complained which is in contradiction to Noble on the radio the other night.
#dangerplaysforfrees

Adelaide football club complain to afl umpires about treatment of Dangerfield. :cry:

Dangerfield responds by throwing his head back at every contest. :drunk:

#dangerplaysforfrees

I wish we'd do the same.

Boak, Gray and Schulz constantly get treated like they're first gamers fresh off the slowboat from the Emerald Isle, "you're only new to the game Travisb O'ak, it wasn't a free".

Give them the same protection Pavlich, Pendlebury, Selwood and Roughead get and we'd have joint Brownlow Medallists and a centurion on our hands.

Those Selwood stats...

Both started in the same year, both frontline see-ball/get-ball contested ballwinners.

Boak has the officiating numbers of a run-of-the-mill plodder, Selwood has the sort of protective numbers you'd expect of a Michael Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back