Discussion The Battle for Jericho

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys.

Just wondering about your thoughts on the possibility of picking up Jericho now he's been delisted from the Crows. Some have claimed he's really soft, others that he just got treated unfairly, being forced to often play backline when he's a natural forward. Given the problems we've had forward, could he be the answer?

Here's his statsheet from the Hun:
230105.jpg
Luke Jericho

Jumper Number 30 Height 190 Weight 86 DOB 18/10/1984 Recruited From West Adelaide (SA) Career Matches 33 Career Goals 31
about

Adelaide drafted Jericho at pick No.32 in the 2002 NAB AFL Draft and he has managed just 26 games since then. In 2004 he played a career-high 15 games, booting 10 goals and averaging eight disposals. He has played just 11 games since then struggling with a combination of injuries and poor form. In Rounds 8-9 last season, Jericho showed glimpses of his ability picking up a career-high 16 disposals in both games yet was surprisingly dropped after his Round 9 performance to make way for the return of Mark Ricciuto.

season stats

Kicks 52 Tackles 7 Handballs 14 Goals 12 Disposal 66 Behinds 9 Disposal Efficiency 70% Score Assists 3 Contested Possessions 20 Time on ground 67% (7 Matches) Uncontested Possessions 44 Super coach 378 pts (432nd)

Re: The Battke for Jericho

Oh, and just FYI, Jericho kicked 3.1 in Rnd 8 against the Dees, 5.3 against Richmond in Rnd 11, and 2.2 against the Hawks in Rnd 12. Of his 7 games this year, he failed to kick a goal twice - although he may have been playing in the backline those times, I don't know.

Strange, there was a Crows supporter suggesting the exact same thing on here recently. Is there some sort of inside knowledge going around Adelaide atm?

Anyway, in 3 words: do not want.

Anyone else think of Chris Jericho? LOL.

Luke Jericho definitely deserved more from the Crows, he showed glimpses of good stuff and they failed to continually give him the opportunity to improve.

St Kilda should definitely go for him.

I'd love to have a bloke named Jericho in the team. :p 'The wall of Jerichooooo!'

But we can only really get one of Cousins or Jericho cant we? And we dont need anymore recycled players...surely.

I'd love to have a bloke named Jericho in the team. :p 'The wall of Jerichooooo!'

But we can only really get one of Cousins or Jericho cant we? And we dont need anymore recycled players...surely.

he can be a backman and just constantly dump him for the entire match!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know - some of the recent 'recycled players' have been quite handy, e.g. Gram, Dempster, King, Schneider (and, to a certain extent, both Gardiners) and you only need to have one look into the official delistings thread to see what most here think of Birss.

That said, I am not convinced that he would be a good pick-up (could have kept Birss or even Gardiner then) - yet, 2008 was, stats-wise his best year so far.

He's got plenty of ability, but the fact that he hasn't been able to get a game in a team screaming out for any half-decent forwards would suggest that he's got major flaws.

Too many recycled players, haven't we learned!

Yeah - imagine how much better we would have been over the last 5 years without that Gehrig guy we recycled.
Nothing wrong with recycling players as long as you recycle the right players. ( Which we don't always do ).

I think if we get Cousins, and with Ray, we have our quota for this year.

And even if we hadn't, I would much rather get Carroll than Jericho.

I think we are talking discards, rather than players we have pursued like Gehrig, Hamill and Gram.

Brooks and Watts were f#ck-ups. Guerra, Penny, Lawrence, Powell, Attard and Birss had their moments.

Some good picks last year as mentioned earlier.

Ackland, McGough, Rix, M Clarke ....

I think you guys should pick him up and play him in the backline, then i can get some thunderous laughs out of watching Maxie Hudghton go beserk at Jericho for not going in when its his turn to back into a pack, put his head over the footy etc etc. :D

Let's not forget the great David Strooper in the early 90's please.

Aahhh. David Stropper. I had such high hopes.

6ft4, nice hands, good kick, mandatory blond hair.

Such a shame he grew his hair so long he could no longer see the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back