Which of these players would get a game in your teams 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Try not too use your Collingwood hater blinkers on & be as honest as possible.. I am just curious to see who people would take from this team

Obrien Prestigiamco Maxwell
Goldsack Brown H Shaw
Clarke Pendelbury Thomas
Didak Cloke Davis
Medhurst Rocca Rusling
Foll:Fraser Swan Obree
Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom Anthony
B: S. Fisher Hudghton Baker
HB: Shaw Maguire Gram
C: Dal Santo Ball Swan
HF: Didak Riewoldt Davis
F: Medhurst Cloke Milne
R: King Hayes Goddard

Int: Fraser Montagna Schneider Pendlebury

There forward line would be nice but otherwise there's not a heap there. 14 Saints, 8 Pies.

B: S. Fisher Hudghton Baker
HB: Shaw Maguire Gram
C: Dal Santo Ball Swan
HF: Didak Riewoldt Davis
F: Medhurst Cloke Milne
R: King Hayes Goddard

Int: Fraser Montagna Schneider Pendlebury

There forward line would be nice but otherwise there's not a heap there. 14 Saints, 8 Pies.

We did beat you guys twice this year with a fair amount of players out, so I wouldnt say there is not much there!!

Thomas>>>>>Schneider Clarke>>>>>>>>Montagna

Obrien/Brown/Presti much better than Maguire...

B: Hayden McPharlin Grover

HB: Mundy Brown H.Shaw

C: Pendelbury Hasleby Ibbotson

HF: Didak Pavlich Tarrant

F: Medhurst Cloke Davis

R: Sandilands Swan Palmer

I: Fraser Crowley O'Brien Headland

Tough.

It was a toss up between and Brown / M.Johnson and Davis / Headland / Clarke / Thomas. On any other day I could have chosen either of these players.

As a Pies supporter, there are a few here who i wouldn't mind replaced with another. Obviously not saying I'd like them to go, but there are some who I think are irresplaceable and some who are not.

Replaced: Goldsack, Prestigiacomo, Obree, Wood, Fraser, Clarke, Cloke,

Try not too use your Collingwood hater blinkers on & be as honest as possible.. I am just curious to see who people would take from this team

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

Bolded players

Bolded players

How could you leave out Didak and Davis? I seriously don't get it. They're our two best players! And O'Brien? Each to their own though.

Pies fans ALWAYS overrate their players ..there is no way they will agree with any of their players being left out of any side :rolleyes:

How is anybody in here overrating our players? Generally we've agreed that our side would compile the minority of the 22 in a fair few of the teams. Carlton is a clear exception, because the side would predominately be Collingwood players. But no seriously, we all know Yarran is far more proven than Thomas, and Bower is better than O'Brien. :rolleyes: We really overrate our players.

We did beat you guys twice this year with a fair amount of players out, so I wouldnt say there is not much there!!

Agreed on Maguire, but Clarke isn't better than Montagna yet. Thomas is better than Schneider though. I don't really rate Baker that much either.

Players I think would be in contention bolded.

I disagree with Prestigiacomo, H Shaw, Davis and Clarke. We have better versions in Petrie, Harding/Urquhart/Pratt, Campbell/Thomas and Wells/JWSmith. In fact the only Collingwood players I'd seriously look at is Thomas, Pendlebury and Cloke.

You chose Higgins in the team instead of Thomas. Higgins is very talanted but on performance to date he is miles and miles behind both Stanton and Thomas.

I actually agree that Stanton is better than Thomas. I was laughing at the Collingwood supporter who said Thomas should be in ahead of Stanton. My bad for the typing error, but I meant to say "LOL at the joke of Thomas over Stanton", not the other way around.

Dal Santo Max Maxwell

Gram S.Fisher H Shaw

Goddard Hayes Pendelbury

Didak Riewoldt Davis

Medhurst Cloke Milne

Foll:Fraser Swan Montanga

Inter: Koschitzke Ball Thomas R.Clarke

Its a bit hard picking the top 22 but on form Id go with this. WHAT A TEAM

How could you leave out Didak and Davis? I seriously don't get it. They're our two best players! And O'Brien? Each to their own though.

Fev and Didak together? Id give that a miss thanks. Davis I got wrong

How is anybody in here overrating our players? Generally we've agreed that our side would compile the minority of the 22 in a fair few of the teams. Carlton is a clear exception, because the side would predominately be Collingwood players. But no seriously, we all know Yarran is far more proven than Thomas, and Bower is better than O'Brien. :rolleyes: We really overrate our players.

Team would look like this

Jamison Brown Thornton

Bower Waite H Shaw

Murphy Pendelbury Gibbs

Walker Cloke Thomas

Medhurst Fev Davis

Foll:Kreuzer Swan Judd

Inter: Betts Stevens Scotland Grigg

Bullants: Sidebottom Anthony

I mAY HAVE LEFT SOME OBVIOUS ONES OUT THOUGH.

I'm very surpised so many people are taking Fraser and leaving out HarryO i no they play in different positions but Fraser seems overrated on here and harry very under rated

Team would look like this

Jamison Brown Thornton

Bower Waite H Shaw

Murphy Pendelbury Gibbs

Walker Cloke Thomas

Medhurst Fev Davis

Foll:Kreuzer Swan Judd

Inter: Betts Stevens Scotland Grigg

Bullants: Sidebottom Anthony

I mAY HAVE LEFT SOME OBVIOUS ONES OUT THOUGH.

Fraser in for Grigg, Didak in for Betts (whether he's trouble or not, has to be in), O'Brien in for Bower/Thornton... then it would be a good side. 11 for each. I could also argue Clarke should be in for Scotland, but I'll leave it at 11 a piece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol you have got to be kidding!!!

I made this thread for a couple pf reasons & one reason was to see which supporters cant get passed there bias..

Carlton wins by a mile!!! The funny thing is you hacks havenet made finals since 2001 & your best finish since is 11th!!

Only players in your club that would get a game in a pie side is Judd Fev Gibbs Murphy & Krezuer...

And to say that Bwower & Jameison/Thornton are better than Presti, Obrein, Brown & maxwell is laughale!!

Also to even have the opinion that Thomas wouldnt get a game is soooooooooooo funny that it is actually sad!!!!
Carlton made your backline look very very ordinary in TWO games last year ...face facts ,your backline is actually worse than ours..presti is a slow lumbersome battler who can't kick.
O'brien struggles to play on talls or smalls .
Brown is ok until he comes up against a quality forward like Fev who uses him as a witches hat.
Maxwell is average at best.
Very very ordinary backline....but the sad thing is your midfield is worse :eek:
Thats why Carlton flogged you twice ast year .

Carlton made your backline look very very ordinary in TWO games last year ...face facts ,your backline is actually worse than ours..presti is a slow lumbersome battler who can't kick.
O'brien struggles to play on talls or smalls .
Brown is ok until he comes up against a quality forward like Fev who uses him as a witches hat.
Maxwell is average at best.
Very very ordinary backline....but the sad thing is your midfield is worse :eek:
Thats why Carlton flogged you twice ast year .

That's why Collingwood made the finals, despite being ravaged by injuries (and suspensions). Anybody can look at one game and argue a point, or two in this case :D... if you look at us in round 9, you could argue we were the best team in the comp! Far from it though. Our backline and midfield looked elite that night.

In retrospect I'll take O'Brien over Schneider for the bench spot making it 13 Saints 9 Pies.

But seriously Clarke is nowhere near as good as Montagna, and (fully fit) none of those other blokes hold a candle to Goose. Thomas may be better than Schneider, but the combined side already has enough downhill skiing HFF.

Re: My effort

Maxwell has no talent and tries to make up for it by being tough, which he isn't.

He's only Collingwood captain because there is noone on that list that is a better option. He has done well for himself but he is extremely limited as a footballer in the talent department.

Bower is going to be a very good player. I know he's a KPP and as a Bulldogs supporter you don't get to see many of them that are quality down your way, but its not hard to see.

this is the worst post i have ever seen that proves everyone is biased to their side even my carlton mates laugh at bower what a wood duck maxwell shits all over him get real mate..........

It's funny, Thomas would be one of the more overhyped players in the media, but one of the more under rated on bigfooty. No credit given to him at all.

People would rather Schneider than him? Gimme a break, sigh.

FB Maxwell, Warnock, O'Brien
HB Garland, Rivers, Green
C Morton, Pendlebury, Bruce
HF Didak, Bate, Medhurst
FF Davey, Cloke, Anthony

FOL Fraser, Mcdonald, Mclean
Int Jones, Thomas, P Johnson, Martin

would walk into the 22 and there are a few other players who could arguably make it as well.

no surprise that the forward line is stacked with Collingwood players

Fraser in for Grigg, Didak in for Betts (whether he's trouble or not, has to be in), O'Brien in for Bower/Thornton... then it would be a good side. 11 for each. I could also argue Clarke should be in for Scotland, but I'll leave it at 11 a piece.

If I had to bring in Didak and Fraser It would be for Betts and Scotland. Grigg too good to be left out.
Bower much better than O'brien but I'd think about leaving Thornton out.

You really are a spin doctor. Everyone knows that Swan is far superior than Hadley and just mentioning 1 game does not prove otherwise.
No spin here.

Hadley is in the side as a big bodied mid who can free up Judd and block for him.

Only injury has held Hadley back from fulfilling his potential. :thumbsdown:
I'd do a bit more culling at Carlton:

B: Thornton Brown Shaw

HB: Gibbs Waite Grigg

C: Stevens Swan Pendlebury

HF: Didak Cloke Thomas

F: Medhurst Fevola Davis

Foll: Fraser Judd Murphy

Inter: Kreuzer Maxwell Simpson Walker
Brown can play at both ends, but as a full back, I wouldn't swap him for Jamison who can keep pace with Fevola at training.

Jamison can play on talls and mediums like Medhurst and McKinley.

Better agility than Brown.

I overlooked a few of the Pies name players because we have similar players who can play their role in our side.

And for balance.

Pendlebury doesn't get a game because every side needs a quick ball carrier such as Simpson.

And we have Gibbs who is a better alround footballer than Pendlebury.

Yarran is a better talent than Thomas and can play that HFF/mid role in our 22.

Davis is a better player than Thomas and really stepped up this year...And Betts is a better crumber and forward pocket than Thomas.

Every side needs a Eddie Betts who can kick a goal from half a chance and snap it out of their behind...

Maxwell is a ****ing joke.

Fraser is obviously ahead of Hampson and Warnock, but is a pea heart.

Pass.
That's the worst attempt at humour I've seen.

The likes of Yarran, Simpson, Betts and Hadley before Swan, Thomas and Pendlebury. No O'Brien or Brown? Yeah right.

Here is my attempt:

Clarke Brown H Shaw

Gibbs Pendlebury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Fevola Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Judd

Inter: Wood Lockyer Murphy Wellingham

:)
It's not like I picked Russell or Houlihan ahead of Thomas..

Murphy on the bench with Rusling and Wellingham with Swan starting?

And Clarke, Maxwell, Lockyer and O'Brien ahead of Grigg, Simpson, Bower and Thornton?

Who the hell is Wellingham?

Simpson slaughtered it in the International rules, but you're picking a rookie promotion ahead of Kade after one season.

Pathetic. :eek:

Bower ran off Cloke all day and beat him.

Both Clokes are glacial slow...

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

bolded would be a good chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back