Which of these players would get a game in your teams 22

Remove this Banner Ad

No spin here.

Hadley is in the side as a big bodied mid who can free up Judd and block for him.

Only injury has held Hadley back from fulfilling his potential. :thumbsdown:

Brown can play at both ends, but as a full back, I wouldn't swap him for Jamison who can keep pace with Fevola at training.

Jamison can play on talls and mediums like Medhurst and McKinley.

Better agility than Brown.

I overlooked a few of the Pies name players because we have similar players who can play their role in our side.

And for balance.

Pendlebury doesn't get a game because every side needs a quick ball carrier such as Simpson.

And we have Gibbs who is a better alround footballer than Pendlebury.

Yarran is a better talent than Thomas and can play that HFF/mid role in our 22.

Davis is a better player than Thomas and really stepped up this year...And Betts is a better crumber and forward pocket than Thomas.

Every side needs a Eddie Betts who can kick a goal from half a chance and snap it out of their behind...

Maxwell is a ****ing joke.

Fraser is obviously ahead of Hampson and Warnock, but is a pea heart.

Pass.

It's not like I picked Russell or Houlihan ahead of Thomas..

Murphy on the bench with Rusling and Wellingham with Swan starting?

And Clarke, Maxwell, Lockyer and O'Brien ahead of Grigg, Simpson, Bower and Thornton?

Who the hell is Wellingham?

Simpson slaughtered it in the International rules, but you're picking a rookie promotion ahead of Kade after one season.

Pathetic. :eek:

Bower ran off Cloke all day and beat him.

Both Clokes are glacial slow...

LOL! You're basing your argument on the international rules? My post was a joke. Yours was not. You actually believe the tripe that you post, you would actually pick Hadley ahead of guys like Pendlebury and Swan. It's absolutely laughable. I'd love to see a poll, Swan vs. Hadley. :eek:

Yarran over Thomas is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Actually, I'll start Sidebottom over Stevens, because he's a better "talent".

You base all of your arguments on the Carlton-Collingwood games, you talk about Bower beating Cloke. Big deal. Cloke has spanked some of the best defenders in the league. No forward can dominate when their midfield is getting destroyed, and the delivery is at local club level. Compare that to when our team is up and about, and Cloke dominates. You would probably pick Fisher ahead of him too. :rolleyes:

And yes, Swan is better than Murphy. But starting one or the other on the bench doesn't indicate that, the bench is just an extension of the field these days.

Who the hell is Wellingham? More like who the hell is Grigg, or who the hell is Yarran?

Get a clue.

So is Shannon Byrnes, LOL.

In fact, how's this for a team of premiership players since 2000:

BA: Bevan, Gilham, Dempster
HB: Copeland, Lewis Roberts-Thompson, Mathews
CE: Byrnes, Shattock, Heffernan
HF: Mahoney, Thurstans, R. Jones
FO: Moorcroft, Keating, Armstrong
RU: Renouf, Blumfield, Hadley
INT: B. MacDonald, Wojcinski, Bishop, N. Ablett

Id like ot throw a Tristan Walker from teh 2003 GF, replaced Rocca when he was "coughrobbedcough* rubbed out.....

I'm very surpised so many people are taking Fraser and leaving out HarryO i no they play in different positions but Fraser seems overrated on here and harry very under rated

Well you do need a backup in the ruck. I'd imagine the majority would be picking him as that. About 30% to 60% game time depending on circumstances.

I don't rate him that highly but I rate him higher than Mark Blake.

Try not too use your Collingwood hater blinkers on & be as honest as possible.. I am just curious to see who people would take from this team

Obrien Prestigiamco Maxwell

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Obree

Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom Anthony

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meh, not for much longer.

yeah, what was I thinking? completely forgot the fact that in the future you are better than us. was relying too much on actually real world finals winnig performances of our young team over the last two years and paid nowhere near enough attention to the perennial crazed preseason hyped up optimism of richmond and carlton supporters...

FB Maxwell, Warnock, O'Brien
HB Garland, Rivers, Green
C Morton, Pendlebury, Bruce
HF Didak, Bate, Medhurst
FF Davey, Cloke, Anthony

FOL Fraser, Mcdonald, Mclean
Int Jones, Thomas, P Johnson, Martin

would walk into the 22 and there are a few other players who could arguably make it as well.

no surprise that the forward line is stacked with Collingwood players

That is very generous to Melbourne players, and left out Collingwoods better players no Shaw/Davis/Swan???, it would be quicker to fit Melbourne players into Collingwood team;

FB Maxwell, Warnock (maybe), O'Brien
HB Shaw, Brown, Rivers
C Mcdonald, Pendlebury, Bruce
HF Didak, Cloke, Davis
FF Davey, Rocca, Medhurst

FOL Fraser, Swan, Mclean
Int Jones, Thomas, Green, Clarke

That is very generous to Melbourne players, and left out Collingwoods better players no Shaw/Davis/Swan???, it would be quicker to fit Melbourne players into Collingwood team;

FB Maxwell, Warnock (maybe), O'Brien
HB Shaw, Brown, Rivers
C Mcdonald, Pendlebury, Bruce
HF Didak, Cloke, Davis
FF Davey, Rocca, Medhurst

FOL Fraser, Swan, Mclean
Int Jones, Thomas, Green, Clarke

i looked at it from a team Balance point of view, left out Shaw because Green has been playing a very similar role as a semi loose rebounding defender and imo has been doing it just as well, if not better than Shaw. added to that Greens disposal is much better than Shaws and he has the ability to play up forward as well.

Davis isn't in because Medhurst and Davey are far better than him.

forgot about swan, he could get a game on the wing instead of Morton...for now at least

i struggle to see Rocca getting a game next year (in any team) so no reason to have him in the side. which leaves Cloke to play deep and Bate to be CHF

Garland > Martin > Brown. besides there is an abundance of large defenders in the side already, Garland has added versatility of being able to play tall and small. which leaves Martin on the bench and Brown off the field. ok that's stiff on Brown but i stand by it

Paul Johnson is in the team because Fraser needs a back up ruck option, old and injury plagued i wouldn't want him rucking ever minute of every game. PJ is also pretty handy around the ground

Clarke isn't in the team because there are enough players in the midfield rotation already. Bate, Didak, Medhurst, Thomas, Davey, Green, Mclean, Mcdonald, Bruce, Swan, Maxwell, Pendlebury, Shaw, Jones + Paul Johnson and Fraser as rucks

Try not too use your Collingwood hater blinkers on & be as honest as possible.. I am just curious to see who people would take from this team

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom Anthony
asdfsdf

Davis isn't in because Medhurst and Davey are far better than him.

Your entire post was absolute tripe, but this point takes the cake.

Please, tell me.... what do you base this on? The 2002 Grand Final?

Players I think would be in contention bolded.

I disagree with Prestigiacomo, H Shaw, Davis and Clarke. We have better versions in Petrie, Harding/Urquhart/Pratt, Campbell/Thomas and Wells/JWSmith. In fact the only Collingwood players I'd seriously look at is Thomas, Pendlebury and Cloke.

RE: Presti/Petrie: Would you waste Petrie at FB? If anything I think they'd compliment each other.

RE: Shaw/Harding/Urquhart/Pratt: I think Shaw is more versatile than all three, would displace one of Urquhart/Harding.

RE: Davis/Campbell/Thomas: Surely you jest? Leon would start in the centre square for North.

I'll give you Clarke/Smith/Wells though, but having him wouldn't hurt.

Obrien Prestigiamco Maxwell (worst FB line in the comp, sorry but it is)

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom (hasn't played a game) Anthony

Highlighted player i would take.

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling