Pendlebury Swan Bateman
Didak Franklin Osborne
Williams Roughead Davis
Campbell Mitchell Sewell
Young, Medhurst, Ellis, Fraser

So 14-8. Probably pretty reflective.

Re: My effort

LOL

Maxwell second in the competition in one percenters last year. Also the Collingwood captain... I like the way he goes about his footy.

Bower, LOL...

Maxwell has no talent and tries to make up for it by being tough, which he isn't.

He's only Collingwood captain because there is noone on that list that is a better option. He has done well for himself but he is extremely limited as a footballer in the talent department.

Bower is going to be a very good player. I know he's a KPP and as a Bulldogs supporter you don't get to see many of them that are quality down your way, but its not hard to see.

Shaw, no.
Fraser for Blake, yes
Cloke for Lonergan, yes.
Medhurst and Didak for Stokes and Varcoe, yes.
Pendlebury, no.
I like Thomas and Swan but who do they push out? Maybe one of them for Wojcinski.
Brown for Taylor? Perhaps.
Davis for S.Johnson or Chapman? No.

4 definates and 2 maybes.

Swap Taylor for Shaw easy he provides great run out of the backline which is why hes tagged every week.

Maxwell has no talent and tries to make up for it by being tough, which he isn't.

He's only Collingwood captain because there is noone on that list that is a better option. He has done well for himself but he is extremely limited as a footballer in the talent department.

Bower is going to be a very good player. I know he's a KPP and as a Bulldogs supporter you don't get to see many of them that are quality down your way, but its not hard to see.

If you rate Bower as "going to be" a good KPP, then let me rate Williams, Grant and Cordy as "Going to bes" as well.

Swap Taylor for Shaw easy he provides great run out of the backline which is why hes tagged every week.

Taylor is a tall hence why I put him with Brown. Yes Shaw does get tagged, not every week though. When he does get tagged he is ineffective. I would have Enright and Hunt before I'd take Shaw.

Bower has shown that he is a poor man's Tom Williams.

:rolleyes:

Bay 13 is down south if you are lost.

The only thing Williams has shown is that his body will struggle to hold upto the rigours of AFL football.

He looks like a talented kid but you obviously haven't watched enough of Bower to comment on this matter without trolling.

Maxwell, Lake, Morris
Shaw, Williams, Gilbee
Cross, Boyd, Griffen
Didak, Cloke, Murphy
Davis, Rocca, Johnson
Hudson, Cooney, Swan
Fraser, Pendlebury, Giansiracusa, Higgins

9/22 Pies.

I might have missed one or two.

O'Brien is better than Maxwell as a stopper and rebounder IMO, he's our best defender in my eyes. I also think Thomas would get a game ahead of Higgins at this stage. And Medhurst should definitely be there. But other than that I pretty much agree.

Hawks and Pies team i Would have.

C.Brown N.Brown H.Shaw
G.Birchall T.Croad L.Hodge
C.Bateman S.Mitchell S.Pendelbury
A.Didak L.Franklin L.Davis
C.Rioli J.Roughead M.Williams
R.Campbell B.Sewell D.Swan
J.Fraser J.Lewis X.Ellis D.Thomas

14 Hawks 8 Pies

Pretty good team there.

I think Medhurst is better than Williams, and they play pretty much the same role. Other than that, it's about right.

Heath is now the only Shaw on your list. ;) :D

B: Thornton Jamison Shaw

HB: Bower Waite Grigg

C: Stevens Gibbs Simpson

HF: Didak Cloke Davis

F: Medhurst Fevola Betts

Foll: Kreuzer Judd Murphy

Inter: Yarran Hadley Walker Warnock/Hampson

Toss of the coin between a fully fit Hadley and Swan.

Hadley used the ball better than Swan in our round four win over the Pies.
You really are a spin doctor. Everyone knows that Swan is far superior than Hadley and just mentioning 1 game does not prove otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This thread makes me think O'Brien is almost the most under rated defender in the AFL.

People are actually choosing Maxwell ahead of him.

Obrien Prestigiamco Maxwell

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst
Rocca Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Obree

Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom Anthony

Thomas would get a game at Carlton.

As would O'Brien, who seems to be very underrated in this thread.

Clarke would be a chance off half-back too.

Heath is now the only Shaw on your list.

B: Thornton Jamison Shaw

HB: Bower Waite Grigg

C: Stevens Gibbs Simpson

HF: Didak Cloke Davis

F: Medhurst Fevola Betts

Foll: Kreuzer Judd Murphy

Inter: Yarran Hadley Walker Warnock/Hampson

Toss of the coin between a fully fit Hadley and Swan.

Hadley used the ball better than Swan in our round four win over the Pies.

That's the worst attempt at humour I've seen.

The likes of Yarran, Simpson, Betts and Hadley before Swan, Thomas and Pendlebury. No O'Brien or Brown? Yeah right.

Here is my attempt:

Clarke Brown H Shaw

Gibbs Pendlebury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Fevola Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Judd

Inter: Wood Lockyer Murphy Wellingham

:)

This thread makes me think O'Brien is almost the most under rated defender in the AFL.

People are actually choosing Maxwell ahead of him.

Maxwell is pretty underrated too. When he was chosen as captain, everyone said he wouldn't get a game at any other club. Now everyone is picking him for their sides. O'Brien is clearly superior as a defender, and a rebounder. Maxwell can play elsewhere though.

really??

you woudlnt have didak, N Brown, Cloke, H shaw & Davis.. I think they would all get a game at WCE

Are you kidding me?
Didak at the Eagles?
I think we have had enough of off-field incidents for the next decade:rolleyes:
As for the rest we have enough of similar type players who are yet to show their full potential.
Would have considered Medhurst but he doesn't seem to play so well and consistent for WA clubs:p
Davis maybe.

Are you kidding me?
Didak at the Eagles?
I think we have had enough of off-field incidents for the next decade:rolleyes:
As for the rest we have enough of similar type players who are yet to show their full potential.
Would have considered Medhurst but he doesn't seem to play so well and consistent for WA clubs:p
Davis maybe.

I'm pretty sure that if West Coast and Collingwood merged now, the side would be made up predominately of players in the side that won by 100 points against you last year.

Try not too use your Collingwood hater blinkers on & be as honest as possible.. I am just curious to see who people would take from this team

Goldsack Brown H Shaw

Clarke Pendelbury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Rocca Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Obree

Inter: Wood lockyer Sidebottom Anthony

Guerra Gilham Brown
Birchall Croad Hodge
Bateman Mitchell Ellis
Osborne Franklin Dew
Williams Roughead Rioli
Campbell Sewell Lewis

Renouf/Ladson/Young/Tuck

Thats our 22. From yours I would take, Fraser to replace Renouf. Swan would replace many but lets just say Tuck. I would play an extra tall in Cloke and replace him with Dew. Davis and Didak replace Ladson and Osborne respectively. I would take O'Brien over Gilham. H. Shaw over Guerra. Pendes over Young.

Thats what I would take if the teams were combined. I think thats about 8. You don't have real genuine superstars but are a very good even team. If a few of your very good young players take that next step you will be a great side. If not, you will be a 5-8 finish for a number of years, with the odd Prelim Final to talk about.

I'm pretty sure that if West Coast and Collingwood merged now, the side would be made up predominately of players in the side that won by 100 points against you last year.

Nahhh.
Last year was last year and anyone with half a football brain knows the Eagles were way under their par, through injuries and player loses. A little mending and smart recruiting can fix this and we will see if it has this year.
The question was asked and in my opinion I gave my answer as I believe it.

Nahhh.
Last year was last year and anyone with half a football brain knows the Eagles were way under their par, through injuries and player loses. A little mending and smart recruiting can fix this and we will see if it has this year.
The question was asked and in my opinion I gave my answer as I believe it.

Fair enough, but you're deluded if you think guys like Cloke, Shaw, Davis (who carves up Subiaco every time he plays there) and Didak wouldn't get a game. Absolutely laughable.

And "mending and recruiting" aren't part of the question.

Same for me but did you take Sidebottom for the future?

Yep.

Thomas would get a game at Carlton.

Dunno about that. Yarran and Walker on a HFF i would prefer.

Clarke Brown H Shaw

Gibbs Pendlebury Thomas

Didak Cloke Davis

Medhurst Fevola Rusling

Foll:Fraser Swan Judd

Inter: Wood Lockyer Murphy Wellingham

No chance. Stevens would easily get a run, as would Jarrad Waite, and Kreuzer would get a shot at 2nd ruck. Yarran would also be on the bench if it were not for you playing 3 small forwards.

Yep.

Dunno about that. Yarran and Walker on a HFF i would prefer.

No chance. Stevens would easily get a run, as would Jarrad Waite, and Kreuzer would get a shot at 2nd ruck. Yarran would also be on the bench if it were not for you playing 3 small forwards.

I was being sarcastic about my team. I would have a few more guys in there.

Yarran wouldn't even get a look in before Thomas. How can you sit there and say that with a straight face? He hasn't even played a VFL game, let alone an AFL match. Thomas is a proven performer at AFL level, and is coming into his 4th year, many are anticipating a breakout year. I'll just go ahead and say that Dayne Beams will get a game before Kade Simpson. :thumbsu::rolleyes:

Pies fans ALWAYS overrate their players ..there is no way they will agree with any of their players being left out of any side :rolleyes:

lol you have got to be kidding!!!

I made this thread for a couple pf reasons & one reason was to see which supporters cant get passed there bias..

Carlton wins by a mile!!! The funny thing is you hacks havenet made finals since 2001 & your best finish since is 11th!!

Only players in your club that would get a game in a pie side is Judd Fev Gibbs Murphy & Krezuer...

And to say that Bwower & Jameison/Thornton are better than Presti, Obrein, Brown & maxwell is laughale!!

Also to even have the opinion that Thomas wouldnt get a game is soooooooooooo funny that it is actually sad!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back