Preview Unofficial Preview - Dees v the Richmond "Tigers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Davey will be played as an outside mid this week. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Our entire team is outside, downhill skiing mids. Davey should be up forward, told to stay at Clark's ankles all ****ing day and keep the ball in the 50.

Our entire team is outside, downhill skiing mids. Davey should be up forward, told to stay at Clark's ankles all ****ing day and keep the ball in the 50.

Downhill skiing yes, outside no... that's half our problem, too many inside players who can't even win clearances anyway.

Petterd dominated the tackle count against the Tigers last year, surely Davey can get somewhere near that effort.

Well that's just not true dude. Jones and Magner have been getting a heap of the ball but have no options outside of the pack - with the exception of Trenners of course. If Davey is played in the center it could spur him on to actually do something worth while. Magner or jones quick hands out to trenners or davey could provide a good run out of the middle with a good chance of a nice direct kick in to Mitch or whoever else presents up forward.

Don't get me wrong man - I agree we've been soft, but maybe if we're gonna use davey he needs to be forced to do something otherwise dropped to the 2's for the rest of the season then delisted. We need to put it on him man.

Downhill skiing yes, outside no... that's half our problem, too many inside players who can't even win clearances anyway.

Petterd dominated the tackle count against the Tigers last year, surely Davey can get somewhere near that effort.

I am yet to see the Melbourne boys get their heads in over the ball first at a centre clearance this year. (Fine, we get it and do nothing)

I say put Petterd with his tail up and Davey down there. Let them keep the ball in there.

Let's face it, the Tigers list is still fricking woeful, so if we can just snap out of this insipid effort, we can really push them.

Davey was pretty bad against the Lions in Rnd 1.

His stats say he did ok - but his effectiveness told another story.

1 goal, 11 disposals, 6 kicks, 5 handballs, 0 marks and 5 tackles.

Apart from that specific game - he's recent history up forward has been terrible and that's putting it nicely. I honestly think throwing him in the midfield as an outside option would be good for him. he'll be able to get more hands on ball and remember what it's like to be needed.

Apart from that specific game - he's recent history up forward has been terrible and that's putting it nicely. I honestly think throwing him in the midfield as an outside option would be good for him. he'll be able to get more hands on ball and remember what it's like to be needed.

You've got me convinced, but who is going to lock it in the forward line? Bennell is ****ing crap.

Howe, Petterd, Clark, Watts, ????, ????

You've got me convinced, but who is going to lock it in the forward line? Bennell is ****ing crap.

Yeah Bennell needs to go. No argument there. I said earlier that I reckon Watts needs to be a floating CHF - meaning he can also play an on baller type role - but he needs to stay out of the back line so when the ball comes into our forward line - someone else (along with Mitch) is there to provide a tall marking option.

In regards to locking it in our forward line, I'd go with Howe or Petterd. Good thing with Howe is he's prone to climbing on the oppositions backs which (with the right backup) can cause disarray for the opposition and allow us to get a clean crumb and either goal or set up mitch for a set shot. Another good thing is that Howe is very agile away from the speckies. At ground level he's quite good, so his ability to play tall and short is extremely valuable. I think having Howe, Clarke, and Petterd as part of our forward setup (in this game especially) would be a very good choice.

Agreed, any more discussion let's take to the changes thread.

This thread is for trashing the tuggers.

Apart from that specific game - he's recent history up forward has been terrible and that's putting it nicely.

I don't disagree with the first part, he was poor against Brisbane. I could be wrong but I don't think he has much recent history up forward (round one granted). Bailey didn't use him forward much. He hasn't been the same since he broke that bone in his leg against the hawks 2010. If he plays, I'd give him another go forward just because we have nobody else.

Edit: Sorry missed above post. I did hear Mario from Doncaster ringing sen demanding Kayne Pettifer be given the captaincy. What sort of a fan base has him for a supporter...classic Richmond.

ah one member you mean.

I'm sure their are things that have happened to Melbourne lately that you wouldn't all want to be lumbered with, I would prefer one member microwave his membership or dump chicken s**t at our ground once in a while, rather than accepting mediocrity week after week just waiting for the ski season to start.

'there'. Stopped reading after that

Ready to go mate... will upload it over the next couple of hours :)
Cheers mate, we can't let this thread be infected by serious discussion.

Now back to the self loathers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

41595_130422106970542_1583_n.jpg

Is it just me or is there something more to this pic that doesn't need to be said?

I am yet to see the Melbourne boys get their heads in over the ball first at a centre clearance this year. (Fine, we get it and do nothing)

I say put Petterd with his tail up and Davey down there. Let them keep the ball in there.

Let's face it, the Tigers list is still fricking woeful, so if we can just snap out of this insipid effort, we can really push them.

Agreed, any more discussion let's take to the changes thread.

This thread is for trashing the tuggers.

I've quite enjoyed your above trashings ?:D:thumbsu:

Cheers mate, we can't let this thread be infected by serious discussion.

Now back to the self loathers.

Just posted it up now, along with Tugga's commentary!

Two hard at it, tough nuts in Davey and Morton back in for the Dees. :thumbsu:

Tapscott more than covers that though.

Nice to see the Tiggers are going for another Demon reject this week in Adddddddddam Maric. It's not bad enough they can't get a run with us but you guys have to pick him up. Speaks volumes for your list. ;)

Someone in this thread said that the tigers have 47,000 members. Make that 46,997 as Mario from Doncaster was on SEN tonight & said he was going to burn his kids memberships if they lose & buy them all a pies membership's so they're not 'a loser like there old man.' to quote him.

Keep up the good work tigers faithful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back