Rumour The Polec Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting if Lyons is a pick 88 then what kind of pick do you see Andrew Moore as? Who is a similar type.

andrew moore , 191cm highly rated young player pick 9 midfielder who played 17 games in ports side that made the finals after coming in on the back of his absolute dominance of the sanfl where he was regularly racking up 30+ possies 10 clearances 10 tackle 2 goal games is a similar type to the 3rd round draft pick who played 9 games for the low finishing crows who would have been looking for players to stand up and yet lyons spent the vast majority of the year playing good footy at glenelg?

andrew moore , 191cm highly rated young player pick 9 midfielder who played 17 games in ports side that made the finals after coming in on the back of his absolute dominance of the sanfl where he was regularly racking up 30+ possies 10 clearances 10 tackle 2 goal games

Jury is still out on Moore, I certainly wouldn't pay much for him if he was out of contract and wanted to leave right now.
Talent is there but he still hasn't got AFL level fitness and strength and may never have (it could be a consequence of our development or could simply be he is a Moore).

Can't see a career slackarse fitting in to Paul Roos plans to be honest....having said that, Melbourne basically have a list of career slackarses :confused:

Can't see a career slackarse fitting in to Paul Roos plans to be honest....having said that, Melbourne basically have a list of career slackarses :confused:

Roo's does well with those players. He must empower them...

Can't see Melbourne parting with a high pick for a 28 year old inconsistent footballer.

I agree but I fail to see the relevance of this info given we're talking about Lyons?
Just a general comment because someone suggested that AFL players should be dominating at SANFL level.

andrew moore , 191cm highly rated young player pick 9 midfielder who played 17 games in ports side that made the finals after coming in on the back of his absolute dominance of the sanfl where he was regularly racking up 30+ possies 10 clearances 10 tackle 2 goal games is a similar type to the 3rd round draft pick who played 9 games for the low finishing crows who would have been looking for players to stand up and yet lyons spent the vast majority of the year playing good footy at glenelg?
ok mate.
So Moore before he got a regular call up to Port was averaging 25 disposals, 2 tackles and under a goal a game for North. And didn't reach your 30+ possies, 10 clearance, 10 tackle, 2 goal a game feat once let alone 'regularly'.
Lyons before he got a call up averaged 27 disposals and 2 tackles a game.

I'm not saying Lyons is better just saying they're similar players and more comparable then you may think.

Jury is still out on Moore, I certainly wouldn't pay much for him if he was out of contract and wanted to leave right now.
Talent is there but he still hasn't got AFL level fitness and strength and may never have (it could be a consequence of our development or could simply be he is a Moore).

It raises the question though. Who would be better off in a Polec for Moore trade? I'm not advocating it, just trying to get my head around the respective values. Both high draft picks originally, both still young enough to meet their potential.

Vince apparently meeting with Melbourne.

'hey roos, we have lost colin sylvia , our most inconsistent and soft one way running player... how are we going to replace him on the list?'

'get bernie'

' i didnt mean like for like replacement paul'

' be quiet , i cant hear my machine counting my stacks of money'

Interesting if Lyons is a pick 88 then what kind of pick do you see Andrew Moore as? Who is a similar type.
Moore's potential is high to very high but he has been held back by injuries. The question is will he live up to potential or will injuries get the better of him. In 2013 his body started coming good and showed good signs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It raises the question though. Who would be better off in a Polec for Moore trade? I'm not advocating it, just trying to get my head around the respective values. Both high draft picks originally, both still young enough to meet their potential.
No, absolutely not.
No comparison at all. When Moore is fit he is best 22 and is improving all the time.

ok mate.
So Moore before he got a regular call up to Port was averaging 25 disposals, 2 tackles and under a goal a game for North. And didn't reach your 30+ possies, 10 clearance, 10 tackle, 2 goal a game feat once let alone 'regularly'.

I'm not saying Lyons is better just saying they're similar players and more comparable then you may think.

yeah he definitely had a 40 possie game. he had some monster games before coming up to afl level. forget about it, you keep rating jared lyons as good as andrew moore then despite one playing decent afl footy and the other cant make your 22.

ok mate.

alright Trozz, we get the point, your rate Lyons more than some supporters.

Polec's manager said, well he has got a good mate at the Crows and he does not really care which Adelaide club he plays for.
IMO he will go to the Crows. Looking more likely now.

why? because stupid says Melbourne will cough up pick 20 for Vince?? lol

THAT aint gonna happen

We are still the only club with an offer on the table and the Crows are scrambling not very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back