Oppo Camp Non-Fremantle general AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't believe how many people have been tipping Norf to fly up the ladder even as far as the top 4. They've only really just been treading water under Scott and his match day coaching has question marks over it. List is decent but hardly anything special, (Really, Nahas? Wouldn't get anywhere near game with any of the serious contenders) probably should get into the eight but then get flogged in the 1st week.

Norf Melvin are paying $3.80 already to finish top 4 next year.
..also we are favourites to beat Collingwood here at Eddiehat in round 1.
Interesting that Brisbane are paying $21 for the spoon... Surely GWS improve and Saints and Melbourne pick up easy wins somewhere along the line. Too much lost this year for the Lions.

Interesting that Brisbane are paying $21 for the spoon... Surely GWS improve and Saints and Melbourne pick up easy wins somewhere along the line. Too much lost this year for the Lions.
I find it hard to see Brisbane getting the spoon, I think their losses will hurt more in around 2-4 years time rather than next season. Still those are generous odds.

Apparently Jeremey McGovern is in trouble at WC for returning to Pre-Season in poor shape. Just upgraded too.

Norf Melvin are paying $3.80 already to finish top 4 next year.
..also we are favourites to beat Collingwood here at Eddiehat in round 1.

Not feeling the Norf love, they should probably make the eight but in terms of top 4 I can't see them displacing any of last season's top 6 teams (Richmond the only possibility) and teams like Port, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Essendon will give them stiff opposition for the last spots in the 8.

Apparently Jeremey McGovern is in trouble at WC for returning to Pre-Season in poor shape. Just upgraded too.

You know you're in trouble when your 5km time trial is slower than Woosha's time in the New York Marathon.

I heard Murray Newman has returned much fitter than last year though, he actually finished this time :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how many people have been tipping Norf to fly up the ladder even as far as the top 4. They've only really just been treading water under Scott and his match day coaching has question marks over it. List is decent but hardly anything special, (Really, Nahas? Wouldn't get anywhere near game with any of the serious contenders) probably should get into the eight but then get flogged in the 1st week.

Hah yeh, somehow a 96 point EF loss followed by a 10th placed finished means they'll be contenders this year.

So, so soft.

At the risk of repeating myself. Brent Harvey ranks as my no1 most hated player...

Harvey - He pinched me at least 300 times during the game
Crowley - I didn't
Tribunal - Where's the evidence?
Harvey - There is none. No video footage. No bruising. Nothing.
Tribunal - Crowley Guilty as charged. $1200

o_O

Geez, I have spent years talking about how crap North are but I'm sorry to say they are ready to challenge. At this stage they will make the 8 easily and are a big chance for top 4

Alright guys, which donkey do we like for the next St Kilda coach?

Mark Williams $2
Robert Harvey $4
Brett Ratten $6
Michael Voss $8
Darren Crocker $10
Adam Kingsley $11
Mark Harvey $11
John Worsfold $14
Scott Burns $16
Stephen Silvagni $21
Rodney Eade $21
Simon Goodwin $21
Stuart Dew $21
Dean Laidley $21
Leigh Tudor $21
Alan Richardson $21
Matthew Knights $21
Nathan Burke $21
Gary Ayres $26
Danny Sexton $41
Stewart Loewe $41
Peter Sumich $41

Geez, I have spent years talking about how crap North are but I'm sorry to say they are ready to challenge. At this stage they will make the 8 easily and are a big chance for top 4

I don't know... they should have made the 8 this year but lost a few games from winning positions. Question is have they overcome this mental block?

Mmm, I'm not convinced, their recruiting smacks of 'Moneyball'. Been there, done that. Might work, probably won't.

Alright guys, which donkey do we like for the next St Kilda coach?

Mark Williams $2
Robert Harvey $4
Brett Ratten $6
Michael Voss $8
Darren Crocker $10
Adam Kingsley $11
Mark Harvey $11
John Worsfold $14
Scott Burns $16
Stephen Silvagni $21
Rodney Eade $21
Simon Goodwin $21
Stuart Dew $21
Dean Laidley $21
Leigh Tudor $21
Alan Richardson $21
Matthew Knights $21
Nathan Burke $21
Gary Ayres $26
Danny Sexton $41
Stewart Loewe $41
Peter Sumich $41

Mark Neeld??

Seriously, who would think the Sainters would be smart enough to get Suma? They might actually win some if they chose Suma. Nah, Williams is a lock, Pelchen sorted it all well before he gave Watters the final knife in the back. Total dog is Pelchen, over-rated, over-emotional, under-performing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back