Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI bonus points in the Shield final after day 1.
WA 1.25
TAS 0.8
So the old rule where we would've won if this game is a draw has been thrown out?

Even with all the players out I still reckon we look far too strong on paper tbh. Probably got ourselves a first innings total already that Tasmania won't match but hey stranger things have happened.

So the old rule where we would've won if this game is a draw has been thrown out?

Even with all the players out I still reckon we look far too strong on paper tbh. Probably got ourselves a first innings total already that Tasmania won't match but hey stranger things have happened.

Yeah it's first innings points deciding if it's a draw. Ten overs left to pile on more runs before the points stop being awarded and then Tasmania need to score more runs over 200 before the end of the 100th over or we bowl and WA take as many wickets by then.

325 for 8 with a lot of quality batters scoring basically nothing could mean that second innings goes on for days.

As Taylor mentioned if the game ends in a draw, the team with more bonus points from the game wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Games over lets be honest. In hindsight it was 1/2 over when Tasmania allowed a hundred run partnership for opening wicket and 3/4 over when the allowed Connolly 10 or so free swings yesterday after tea.
Yeah it would have to be a stunning comeback from here.

Not long till the new ball. Hopefully we can get through their tail sharpish in the morning. We just need to set a target of 350+

Yeah it would have to be a stunning comeback from here.

Not long till the new ball. Hopefully we can get through their tail sharpish in the morning. We just need to set a target of 350+
Its really hard for Tasmania as they have to go hunting for wickets when they bowl a second time and short of miracle they're going to be condeeding a hundred plus lead. We've seen on this deck that if you drop short or overpitch, in particular, it's easy to hit but a dry line and length is very hard to score from; and that's where all the day 1 soft track divots are. Plus their spinner whilst capable of generating big turn and drift is simply not in Rocchiccioli's class for accuracy or consistency (arguably he's the second best spinner in the country right now), and he can't bowl all day.

I.e. If they bowl dry WA will block their way to a 300 plus lead, if they attack we'll slog our way to a 300 plus lead.

Bonus points
WA 2.03
TAS 0.90

Tassie would need about 200 runs off the last 25 overs without losing a wicket to get in front of WA.

Tassie will have to look for an outright here now. Still 3 days left and anything can happen, but WA in a strong position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back