Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps we need to secede for the sake of international test matches.

Western Australia
India
Australia
England

Then the second tier
SA
NZ
etc
Let's be honoust a WA test team would be competitive right now but I don't think it's beating even tier 2 teams regularly. Still it's an impressive side for an area with 2.5 million people.

Issue would be the cycle, sure we're flush now but how do think 2016 WA would have gone trying to bowl India out? The Dorf, Simon Mackin, David Moody and Agar (if he got his citizenship) v Kholi, Purja, Rahul and Murali Vijay...

Let's be honoust a WA test team would be competitive right now but I don't think it's beating even tier 2 teams regularly. Still it's an impressive side for an area with 2.5 million people.

Issue would be the cycle, sure we're flush now but how do think 2016 WA would have gone trying to bowl India out? The Dorf, Simon Mackin, David Moody and Agar (if he got his citizenship) v Kholi, Purja, Rahul and Murali Vijay...
So similar to how England went in the latest series.

I haven’t been following the IPL closely I’ll have to admit, but has an Australian done anything of note? Lot of big bucks were paid out & I don’t think the return on investment has been great on the Aussie’s.

I haven’t been following the IPL closely I’ll have to admit, but has an Australian done anything of note? Lot of big bucks were paid out & I don’t think the return on investment has been great on the Aussie’s.
I haven't given two hoots about the IPL since 2008 when it was on Channel 10 and Gilly was playing for the Deccan Chargers.

They moved it the following year to ONEHD which I didn't have then after that Australia had no rights whatsoever for probably 7 years of the tournament.

So interest in the comp waned from the beginning.

It's also on when everyone including a cricket tragic like myself is burnt out and pumped for the footy season starting in march and April.

Never been to India so have no affiliation with any city there yet to get behind them either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back