Resource Non-AFL General Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

My opinion is everyone is ****ed against India anyway and our test team will always be 2nd or 3rd strongest basically no matter what we do.

I think the batting talent over 25 is dire but 25 and under has promise in McSweeney, Davies and with time a couple out of McSweeney, Goodwin, Wyllie and Kellaway show promise. We have remarkable spin promise in Roccichelli, Murphy and Sangha and the fast bowling will sort itself. Worth noting, Shield pitches are A LOT harder to bat on these days and a top order 40 average is probably similar to 50 back in the 90s / early 2000s.

Test squad needs to bite the bullet on someone though and give them a shot before it completely bottoms out in the top of the order and all three of the top 3 retire or are dropped almost simultaneously.
Yep there is no batting talent over 25. It really is a concern as a lot of these young kids probably need another 2-3 seasons plying there trade in shield.

If you throw them in too early to the wolves then it can scar them for the rest of there careers.

Batsman generally don't peak until 28-29 years of age.

Ollie Davies is the one of the few young prospects that actually performed well in the Shield this year. He has that X-factor about him in the field and can score quickly.

Beau webster led the Sheffield shield in runs but he really doesn't strike me as a player that will make it. A good solid domestic cricketer but probably will be found out in Test Cricket.

In terms of the pitches in shield cricket if the batsman struggle when there is a bit juice in the wicket at domestic level then its not going to bode well with better quality bowlers at Test level working them over.

Flexi Membership.

Western Force.

$63/game

You're having a laugh.

(Yes I went last night and thankfully I paid less than $20 for a discounted ticket through a friend's employer).

Last edited:
Flexi Membership.

Western Force.

$63/game

You're having a laugh.

(Yes I went last night and thankfully I paid less than $20 for a discounted ticket through a friend's employer).
You should be getting paid to watch yawnion.

I think i would rather get poked in both eyes then watch that boring deadshit private school sport.

Competition between BJ, Clark and McNamara on who can most clearly demonstrate their lack of preparation for commentary on this match. I'm tempted to give it to Clark for talking about the Fremantle doctor coming in later (Forecast is for Easterlies all day for the entire match with no sea breeze. Maybe there will be the ghost of one late on day 5).

I'll give to to BJ though for not shutting down Brad crapping on about how the removal of the Inverarity and Prindiville stands will effect conditions (it won't). Being a local, at least notionally, he should know better.

Competition between BJ, Clark and McNamara on who can most clearly demonstrate their lack of preparation for commentary on this match. I'm tempted to give it to Clark for talking about the Fremantle doctor coming in later (Forecast is for Easterlies all day for the entire match with no sea breeze. Maybe there will be the ghost of one late on day 5).

I'll give to to BJ though for not shutting down Brad crapping on about how the removal of the Inverarity and Prindiville stands will effect conditions (it won't). Being a local, at least notionally, he should know better.
Who’s Bancroft replacement?

Lot of depth in WA cricket at the moment with Green, Richardson and Marsh at the IPL and Morris, Kelly and Bancroft injured (6 first choice players!) and we're able to leave players like Phillipe and Wyllie out and still go in favourites.
Stunned Wyllie didnt get a call up given his form, working well at the moment though (touches all the wood)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back