List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

And on who "wins" the trade period - Unless their respective teams trade Fyfe, Priddis or Pendlebury - we are so far ahead with just Dangerfield its not funny.

Dangerfield is currently one of THE BEST mids in the comp & whatever we gave Adelaide will never be equal.

Opposition supporters please remember what board you are on and post respectfully.

Posts that are unnecessarily inflammatory towards Geelong board supporters will be infracted.

Waits for rocca like speech "I just want to play wif my brudda"

I just want them to ask him 'are you happy getting paid half Joel's wage and for the coach to ask you to get hit to block his tagger all time?' :D

On that note, I've been given the marching orders, thanks for entertaining me for a couple hours lads, have a good one!

I just want them to ask him 'are you happy getting paid half Joel's wage and for the coach to ask you to get hit to block his tagger all time?' :D

it will be good to get some inside knowledge of how West Coast went about it under their new system.
Some very handy secrets will get passed along, something we really could do with so that in itself will be a mini win for the club, let alone the player who can hopefully overcome his ankle issue.

I highly doubt we gained any secrets about Melbourne or North Melbourne's tactics :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will be good to get some inside knowledge of how West Coast went about it under their new system.
Some very handy secrets will get passed along, something we really could do with so that in itself will be a mini win for the club, let alone the player who can hopefully overcome his ankle issue.

I highly doubt we gained any secrets about Melbourne or North Melbourne's tactics :D
Literally 1 of the first things the club does when it gets someone from another club is makes them sit down and write out everything they can about the club they have come from.

So we will have solid intel on West Coast, Crows and Freo (Llyod)

Can only be a good thing

Scott will join Joel at 3:15 to speak about joining Geelong.

Has Scooter flown out east for the press conference or has Joel flown out west for it and to help Scooter pack up the house.

at least evens things out after Simpkin, Hunt, Varcoe, Christensen, Hamling ratted us out. Hopefully Walker and Jansen remain tight lipped.
They won't... nor should they

Not many clubs have proper taggers now, other than Jacobs at North, there aren't many at all. You guys have J. Selwood, Duncan, Caddy, Guthrie, Motlop, Lang, Gregson, Blicavs, Murdoch all having the ability to play in the midfield, I can't see where S. Selwood slots in.

You don't see where S.Selwood fits in by I do. We were ranked 18th in the league for both clearances and stoppages. Many of the players you've mentioned have been starting in at center bounces and playing inside midfield roles around the ball and it hurt us. We obviously didn't have a ruckmen which hurt us but I think part of it was because too often it was guys like Motlop, Lang, Gregson, Murdoch and to a lesser extent Duncan around the ball doing stoppage work. S.Selwood and Dangerfield redress the imbalance. It frees up Duncan and Motlop to be the guy delivering inside 50 and kicking goals rather toiling at the bottom of packs. Murdoch can be shifted to a running half back and Lang/Gregson can link up play patrolling the forwardline. I don't want these guys up against the like of Fyfe, J.Kennedy, Watson and Pendlebury, they've been getting smashed.

Inside mids
, outside mids, both
Geelong's 2007 team:
FB: Milburn Scarlett Enright
HB: Harley Egan Mackie
C: Chapman G.Ablett Corey
HF: Varcoe Mooney Bartel
FF: S.Johnson N.Ablett Stokes
R: Ottens J.Selwood Kelly
Int: Blake, Ling, Wojak, Rooke

Emg: Prismall, Byrnes, D.Johnson, Hunt, Tenace

FB: Kolo Henderson Enright
HB: Thurlow Taylor Mackie
C: Caddy Dangerfield Blicavs
HF: Motlop Clarke Bartel
FF: Menzel Hawkins Gregson
R: Z.Smith J.Selwood Guthrie
Int: Stanley, S.Selwood, Murdoch, Duncan

Emg: Horlin-Smith, Smedts, Lang, Bews, Cockatoo

Seems like we've got the right balance of players if not the talent. S.Selwood will play a big part if he gets back to his best where he was averaging 5+ clearances and 26 possessions.

Last edited:
Literally 1 of the first things the club does when it gets someone from another club is makes them sit down and write out everything they can about the club they have come from.

So we will have solid intel on West Coast, Crows and Freo (Llyod)

Can only be a good thing
Wow really, never knew that. Would some clubs have an issue with that regarding IP or trade secrets? I guess players are told things on a mostly need to know basis. Hmm ...

I just find it intriguing that no-one's tried to stop the flow of information with non-disclosure agreements when the players leave. God law school has really got to me haha.

Wow really, never knew that. Would some clubs have an issue with that regarding IP or trade secrets? I guess players are told things on a mostly need to know basis. Hmm ...

I just find it intriguing that no-one's tried to stop the flow of information with non-disclosure agreements when the players leave. God law school has really got to me haha.

I'd be assuming that they wouldn't be able to divulge plays, tactics or setups due to IP - surely!
It would be akin to an outgoing NFL player stealing the coaches playbook one would think.

But I doubt there are any laws stopping them from sharing ex team mates strengths & weaknesses!
"sledge Priddis about his sister, that really gets to him" etc

I'd be assuming that they wouldn't be able to divulge plays, tactics or setups due to IP - surely!
It would be akin to an outgoing NFL player stealing the coaches playbook one would think.

But I doubt there are any laws stopping them from sharing ex team mates strengths & weaknesses!
"sledge Priddis about his sister, that really gets to him" etc

I have no doubt they can use the IP, that's why premiership players get a run in coaching straight away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back