List Mgmt. 2016 Draft/Trade/Free Agency Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be confident and imagine getting O'Meara if we lose Tom, or maybe boosting our KBD stocks with Hurley.

But I keep imagining getting some mid-range first rounder and a steak knives player from Hawthorn for Mitchell and then wasting half a mill on an unproven kid who's probably barely worth 400K atm.

The idea that Tom would ask us to trade with the Hawks makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If i was Mason Wood, im not leaving Melbourne, Family and Friends to move to Sydney for possibly 50K extra.

When was the last time North Melbourne lost a young gun to another club? Cant see Wood leaving tbh.

If i was Mason Wood, im not leaving Melbourne, Family and Friends to move to Sydney for possibly 50K extra.

When was the last time North Melbourne lost a young gun to another club? Cant see Wood leaving tbh.
Can't see us chasing him with $500k a season either, so we're all on the same page!

99% likely it's a beat up by his manager to get him some extra cash at North. Swans tend to keep the trade stuff pretty secretive.

His reasons would probably be to get away from a shit club and play in a flag

Burgoyne was 27 when he joined the Hawks. He's missed a handful of games in 7 seasons so its paid off.
The perception at the time by most pundits was that his body was shot and he had 2 maybe 3 years left at best. iI has been a remarkable turn around, was just trying to make the point don't write off highly talented players because its perceived their body won't handle it. There are some players I'd take a chance on (given right medical assessment) and Deledio is definitely one of them, I personally think he is in the Burgoyne mould and could play till his 34-35.

The more players we're linked with, the more relaxed I become.

If everyone was saying the same thing I'd be more concerned someone knows what we're actually going to do.

But so far we've heard Hurley, McDonald, Wood, JOM and Twohy.

Keep 'em coming. Let's see if we can be linked with 100% of the available players.
The Swans can't be linked to everyone. This is surely grounds for a trade ban. :oops:

Luckily for Mason Wood you are not him. Perhaps the real Mason is driven by success and does not just accept mediocrity.

Luckily for Mason Wood you are not him. Perhaps the real Mason is driven by success and does not just accept mediocrity.
Success? Since Mason Wood was born, both teams have won 2 grand finals.

Success? Since Mason Wood was born, both teams have won 2 grand finals.
Well champ the Red and White team will win another 2 before pathetic excuse for a club gets one. You should have gone to the Gold Coast, but now all you have left is 2 headed Hobart, now jog on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mason Wood in a swap for Dean Towers plus some $$$$ - North chasing pace if he wants to go back to Victoria !!!

Last edited:
If i was Mason Wood, im not leaving Melbourne, Family and Friends to move to Sydney for possibly 50K extra......

You make a very good point that Sydney needs to offer substantially above the rate a Melbourne club is prepared to pay because the player needs to leave his home, family and friends. 50K extra won't cut it, it needs to be more than that to make it worthwhile.

Perhaps Sydney and other clubs in the northern states who have little to no local talent to choose from should get some assistance to compete. We could call it a 'cost of living allowance', or COLA for short.

Hardly seems unfair, as you do admit yourself...

North would be dumb to let him leave with their forward line's current collective age.
McKay, Wood, Daw, and Durdin. It will rival hawthorns gunston, roughie, and buddy in 2 years. Bookmark it. Tell em you said it.

Someone on the Norf board proposed our first round pick and Rohan as a trade for Wood, immediately followed by "I'd still rather not"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back