Nostradamus Lives Tom Mitchell to Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides the fact I believe Bruest would be way to hard to move, and is rated really highly internationally it would cost the farm to get us to consider it.

He also will come with a very hefty $$$. Mitchell will be much cheaper, and if the rumours of 380 are true. Well....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I think Breust would be more valuable than Mitchell at a club in a premiership window, but Mitchell would be better in terms of building a list for longer term success. Mitchell is the cake whilst Breust is the cream.

All we got on the weekend was 'sticky buns' :(

I think he'll stay but it will be hard for him to ignore the cash being waved around.

Even if he does go he's not irreplaceable. He's currently 4th banana to a midfield of Hanners, JPK & Parker and there's a couple of kids called Mills & Heeney that are probably snapping at his heels for a bit of midfield time next year.

I think he'll stay but it will be hard for him to ignore the cash being waved around.

Even if he does go he's not irreplaceable. He's currently 4th banana to a midfield of Hanners, JPK & Parker and there's a couple of kids called Mills & Heeney that are probably snapping at his heels for a bit of midfield time next year.

An embarrassment of riches.

Why is every inside mid available linked to the Hawks every year... Yes they need them because they'll be stuffed when the older guys go but the thread title could easily say every Victorian club except Bulldogs

Besides the fact I believe Bruest would be way to hard to move, and is rated really highly internationally it would cost the farm to get us to consider it.

He also will come with a very hefty $$$. Mitchell will be much cheaper, and if the rumours of 380 are true. Well....

internationally? o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Hawks wont have the ability to trade for any of Mitchell, Crouch or Omera.
You would have to think they will at least get to a prelim, so their first pick would be 14-18, which will get pushed back with Academy kids.
That wouldnt be enough for any of those players.
They got pick 15 for Anderson last year so even Brad Crouch alone is worth way more than that.

Bruest is a good half-forward in a team with the best forward 50 entry in the comp. Put him in an average team, and he'd be average.
Mitchell is a young ball-winning inside mid. Will be one of the best in the comp for years.

If you asked all the teams in the comp who would improve their side the most, Bruest or Mitchell, every single one would say Mitchell.

wow......

just wow.....Bruest is average?...stopped reading there

Since he didn't say that, maybe you didn't read it at all.

Maybe you need to read it again...

Hah yeah, I was gonna mention that. I've gotten used to the Hawks fan's arrogance, they can get away with it after 3 in a row, but this is getting ridiculous. Lol.
Internally, don't proof read my comments on an Afl sub board. Its my major flaw. Soz.

Dtoxtcuydydufu.

You would have to think they will at least get to a prelim, so their first pick would be 14-18, which will get pushed back with Academy kids.
They got pick 15 for Anderson last year so even Brad Crouch alone is worth way more than that.

But.... Hawthorn

You're assuming that we do no other trades and just stick to what we get given in terms of picks though. There are ways to get higher picks through trading that then get ontraded - harder to do admittedly, but possible if needed.

You're assuming that we do no other trades and just stick to what we get given in terms of picks though. There are ways to get higher picks through trading that then get ontraded - harder to do admittedly, but possible if needed.
Hill will be traded out but Freo wont be giving their first up for him and they have no second.
Reality is Omear will cost two firsts to one first and a second.
Mitchell will be a top ten pick at a minimum ans Crouch would be.
Not going to be easy to get any of those deals done. Maybe you send your first and Hill to Freo for their first, which they then use for McCarthy.
The Freo pick would gain a Mitchell you would think.
But would the Hawks be happy to lose both their first and Hill for Mitchell?

Straight swap Mitchell for Breust is fair imo.

Swans need a medium sized fwd and Breust is from NSW. Hawks need to replace Sam Mitchell.
Bruest won't be going anywhere.

Got to love it. On another thread you have Hawks saying Bruest is in the $200k-$300k pay bracket and in this thread they say they wouldn't trade him for Mitchell who will be in the $500k pay bracket.

Good grief.
He's probably on 350-400k but it's still irrelevant.
What players are payed doesn't define thier worth (although it probably should).
Roughhead is reportedly on 600-650k. Mitchell Hodge, Gibson and Burgoyne will all only be on 450k next season. Gunston also just took significant unders for next season.

Clarkson has said Hawthorn doesn't have a player in the top 25 highest payed in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back