Autopsy V Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got home from being on the wrong end of an arse kicking.

The whole game plan stinks.

Every tiger marks a space but not a player... they let so many opp players get their run by letting them slide through the zone.

kieran jack just kicked the ball over our entire zone from hbf... wtf!!! The zone is supposed to stop that kind of territory gain.

Another time we rebounded from the back line down the corridor, got to chf and switched to the wing/hfff..... how the glory be do you kick goals if you cut off all your momentum by switching and not having at least one forward at home, which was chol for a period but he was outclassed at every contest

A house of cards applies more pressure than some of our guys.

Over cooked the ball with too many handballs.

Handballed to players under more pressure

Im just glad that train wreck of a season is finally over. I need a beer or thousand.
Blind Freddy could coach a team vs us. You simply allow just enough space between you and your opposition player which encourages the Tigers to use their extremely poor skills to utensil it up. Then you have players stategically place behind the last line of defence so a quick transition after a turnover results in a goal 9 out of 10 times.

Essentially its called the "shoot themselves in their own feet" plan and it has worked for most sides this season.

When it hasnt worked its because the distance between players wasnt maintained consistently in combination with unusually high kicking efficiency by the Tiges which only occurred on a handful of occasions.

i never said cotch was the problem

Yeah, I know you weren't.
I was actually trying to suggest you were right, albeit clumsily on my behalf. If Cotch is being tagged out of the game then, either (1) other players should be making life unpleasant for the tag, and/or (2) if Cotch is being tagged, someone else should be either doing the same for the opposition's best mid or, taking up the slack in terms of possession.
I've said it before, the only Richmond player who appears to have any awareness that Cotch is being tagged, and is trying to break said tag is Grigg. The rest of them seem not to have a ******* clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a middle aged man. I have very faint memories of 1980. For the first time in my life, I am starting to believe that even if I live another 30 or 40 years, it won't be long enough to see another Tiges flag.
I'm late twenties and have just seen our most successful period since then. I already believe I won't ever see a flag, probably not even a grand final and I probably won't care about footy anymore by the time we fluke a prelim.

LOL at Hardwick saying Allir Allir is a fantastic player. For crying out loud he is a 1st year player, who was allowed to do as he pleased. If only we applied pressure for 4 quarters like all good teams do, then it might be acceptable.

That's all he does is say how good everyone else is ffs , tired of the bs spin .

Typical of the spineless prick to blame the kids...won't point the finger at a large group of well paid senior players who couldn't be arsed ....wouldn't even cross his mind that he might be the major culprit and his lamentable game plan was outdated seasons ago...

Nothing but a Fraud...worse, he is laughing in our faces
Playing Kids not yet even VFL ready is his cover for s**t performances.
He no longer gives a stuff about the long term damage he's doing to the team and the kids, it's all about establishing plausible excuses with the goal of self preservation.

Not saying that Dimma is the only problem. Far from it, but right now, he is the easiest problem to fix.
No its not easy to fix as the damage done to this club is substantial. You need heaps of the right people to come in and even than they would have the work cut out. First who is going to pick this people the current regime?

I'm not even mad, at least Richmond has shown signs of being a decent football club in the last 5 years :)
Hope you enjoy our shared mediocrity.

Mediocrity is a shining light on the hill for us. Something we hope to achieve one day if we work hard, play hard, pray hard and take our vitamins.

Watched west coast last night all of our players are half their size

W
T
F

Is going on with our fitness programs

It's our drafting strategy since 2010. Skinny fast outside types. The same strategy that got Melbourne into the trouble they are.

How many proper key forwards have we drafted since then? 1 .. Elton and he is no chop.

Genuine mids? 1 ...miles and he is not big

Key backs? 0

Outside runners ? Where do I start?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back