Game Day Prelim Finals 2016...the Swans v Cats & the Dogs V Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

The two sides that have made it to the Grand Final are the two that exemplify good finals footy. One from seventh! Hungry for the contest and physical contact, good skills by hand and foot that allow them to take chances, and great pace.

The lessons for or club couldn't be any clearer, and if they can't see what we have to change to become a better finals side then they must be watching different games. I hope we don't see the same rinse and repeat Crows again next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two sides that have made it to the Grand Final are the two that exemplify good finals footy. One from seventh! Hungry for the contest and physical contact, good skills by hand and foot that allow them to take chances, and great pace.

The lessons for or club couldn't be any clearer, and if they can't see what we have to change to become a better finals side then they must be watching different games. I hope we don't see the same rinse and repeat Crows again next year.

And people on here wrote us off when we finished 5th. We could've made it to the granny if we were good enough in be finals, but we weren't.

You can't knock the footscray footy club today. They travelled on mass and had one of the best days in their 100 year history. Good on em!

Yeah they did well today so all the best to them. Wish my club was still playing! But I look at these things in the long run and am extremely anti-handout because all that happens is that clubs like ours end up having to pay for them to exist.

Well done Dogs, great win and good on them. Can't take anything away.

I actually like that the mystique of top 4 has finally been broken and gives hope to any team finishing 5-8 from now on
Surely they'll change back to the old system immediately and pretend this misguided experiment never happened.

This system penalises the winners of the qualifying finals. They used to get a rest. Now they get stripped of all their momentum playing 1 game in a month before the prelims.

Both giants and cats were ice cold and took ages to get up to speed against opponents who came out firing in full match form. I would be cut if that happened to us. It's one of the more ludicrous rule changes in a sea of unnecessary rule changes. Should've just penalised north and freo for not putting out competitive sides in round 23. This really is a nonsensical league

And people on here wrote us off when we finished 5th. We could've made it to the granny if we were good enough in be finals, but we weren't.
Good enough to be in the finals but not good enough to beat the best teams when it's on the line.

This is the pattern we have to break out of. In my opinion it's caused by conservative selection and conservative list management, so we're never terrible but never good enough either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back