News Michael Johnson - Charged with assault

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you law? You seem to think that the legal process is a very black and white affair. My experience so far has been that there is a lot of grey. The bodily damage you are likely to inflict is greater when inflicted on children and women - because both are smaller.
Confiscation is not automatically theft.

Anything that is unlikely to cause permanent harm is reasonable. It's not even debateable until you're talking about something that requires medical treatment.

Go on then, show me in the liquor act where it says you're allowed to steal people's stuff. Otherwise I'm just going to go ahead assuming you're making s**t up.
Likewise.

It appears we have a stalemate.

You're wrong ,what part of that dont you understand . Read up on Australian law re public and Private.

I'm not wrong though, what part of that don't you understand? It doesn't matter whether it's a public place or a private place, nobody can take your phone. They can either allow you to continue, or ask you to leave. That is all. If they think what you have photographed may have breached their copyright then they can take you to court and ask for an injunction.

They can never take your phone or force you to delete videos.

All this assuming the place you are in actually has restrictions on photography, which kebab shops typically do not.

I have repeatedly linked to a document indicating the rights of photographers which you have refused to read. You're essentially just shouting LALALALA at this point.

http://www.artslaw.com.au/images/uploads/Street_photographers_rights_2016.pdf

Do you law? You seem to think that the legal process is a very black and white affair. My experience so far has been that there is a lot of grey. The bodily damage you are likely to inflict is greater when inflicted on children and women - because both are smaller.
Confiscation is not automatically theft.
Yes pointing and confiscating is a johnson thing.

I'm not wrong though, what part of that don't you understand?
Probably the bit where you say you're not wrong, when it's completely clear to everybody else that you are.

Probably the bit where you say you're not wrong, when it's completely clear to everybody else that you are.

You're the one saying it's legal to steal people's car keys if you're a bartender. The onus of proof is on you. How can I prove a law that doesn't exist?

Likewise what? You want me to point out in the law where it says you can't forcibly take things from people?
Yes, go on, do that. Then I'll show you examples of where I can do exactly that in certain circumstances to prove how wrong you are.

You're the one saying it's legal to steal people's car keys if you're a bartender. The onus of proof is on you. How can I prove a law that doesn't exist?
Where did I say I was a bartender?

I'm not wrong though, what part of that don't you understand? It doesn't matter whether it's a public place or a private place, nobody can take your phone. They can either allow you to continue, or ask you to leave. That is all. If they think what you have photographed may have breached their copyright then they can take you to court and ask for an injunction.

All this assuming the place you are in actually has restrictions on photography, which kebab shops typically do not.
So if Mrs Johnson managed to take the phone and delete the video, then return the phone to Tim - do you think Tim would then call the police and say his phone was stolen? His IP deleted? What? The police wouldn't waste their time on this sh!t.

"I know my rights! I'll sue you!" - yeah yeah. F**ks given = zero :D

Clearly, you're an eagles fan, don't let the door hit you on the way out!!!!11!!
That's funny.

Don't forget that this joker argued for 600 pages that Col Sylvia was treated badly by the club and will come right soon.

I have repeatedly linked to a document indicating the rights of photographers which you have refused to read. You're essentially just shouting LALALALA at this point.

http://www.artslaw.com.au/images/uploads/Street_photographers_rights_2016.pdf

That relates to a public place. Despite what you say a kebab shop has rules and and as such is deemed as private. The owner can ask you to leave if you dont conform to his rules. If you refuse to obey to the rules of his business he can call for police assistance. If his rule in his shop was no video or photo's to be taken and you refused to obey you can be charged. Its not all that hard to understand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if Mrs Johnson managed to take the phone and delete the video, then return the phone to Tim - do you think Tim would then call the police and say his phone was stolen? His IP deleted? What? The police wouldn't waste their time on this sh!t.
:D

You're right, they probably wouldn't. That doesn't mean it's not illegal. The police won't waste their time looking for a stolen car either.

But you could actually take them to court and sue them for the destroyed property if you knew who did it and could demonstrate the destroyed property's value.

That relates to a public place. Despite what you say a kebab shop has rules and and as such is deemed as private. The owner can ask you to leave if you dont conform to his rules. If you refuse to obey to the rules of his business he can call for police assistance. If his rule in his shop was no video or photo's to be taken and you refused to obey you can be charged. Its not all that hard to understand.

But none of that happened. The guy was never asked to leave by the shop. Johnson's wife demanded he surrender his phone. The shop was not involved in any way.

If his rule in his shop was no video or photo's to be taken and you refused to obey you can be charged.

No you can't, that's again where you're wrong. You can be asked to leave. If you refuse to leave, then you can be charged with trespass. Not "refusing to obey".

You have serious reading comprehension issues.
That's rich coming from somebody making s**t up. You don't have to be a bartender to have done your RSA.

A police officer can legally take your keys if they believe you're too drunk to drive. Where's your stealing argument now?

Don't forget that this joker argued for 600 pages that Col Sylvia was treated badly by the club and will come right soon.

Are you thick or what? I argued no such thing. I argued that we didn't recruit him to play WAFL. Vs the horde of idiots who suggested he needed to prove himself in the WAFL for Peel first after 150-odd AFL games.

That's rich coming from somebody making s**t up. You don't have to be a bartender to have done your RSA.

A police officer can legally take your keys if they believe you're too drunk to drive. Where's your stealing argument now?

A police officer can also impound your car, freeze your bank account, arrest you, taser you and shoot you. Something nobody else can do. Is this really your argument? A police officer can do it, therefore it's not illegal? You're a serious *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back