List Mgmt. Happy Draft Day 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Happy Melt Draft Day everyone!

Only 6 hours until it all starts and then maybe as little as four hours enduring random commentary to get to find out who we are taking with our first pick! Hoorah!

I hope everyone has their own play-along games at home ready to roll. If not, here's some that may help:
  • Draft Buzzword Bingo - you can make your own board but here are some phrases to get you started:
    • High Ceiling
    • Soft Hands
    • Elite
    • Undersized
    • Intangibles
    • Raw Ability
    • Project Player
    • Explosiveness
    • In and Under
    • Missing Piece of the Puzzle
    • Interesting Pick
    • I Didn't See That Coming Emma
  • Draftee Price is Right - why wait a couple of years when you can judge a player's worth right now? Ignore shades of grey, assign every draftee to your 'spud' or 'gun' pile as they are selected.
  • Selection Shots - alcohol is imperative in getting through watching any draft but beer can take too long to take the edge off. Whip out your mock draft (or find one online) and if you get your selection wrong then down the hatch with your favourite cocktail shot. Disclaimer: It is highly possible you get none right in this strange draft so please be responsible and BYO bucket.
  • Angry Emails - it's hard to write legible emails once intoxicated so please pre-prepare your abusive emails to the club and have them already open on the desktop of your computer so you can just mash the keyboard to send them for immediate relief (and later regret). Works similarly well for ex spouses I have heard. Disclaimer: Clearly this is not a new idea though as some BF posters already use this strategy for their posts.
  • Ventriloquist Voice Over - after the first dozen picks the descriptions of players become fairly generic and boring, so mute the sound and take over yourselves. It will be hilarious (except for those of you not drunk). Need a vocabulary? Just refer to your Draft Buzzword Bingo board. Funny voices welcome.
  • Hackdorn Darts - what can be more fun and stress relieving for the whole family than throwing darts at a picture of the worst "journalist" in Australia? Interestingly you can also turn a picture of any person's face in to a Hackdorn lookalike just by throwing darts at it.
So there's some ideas to help survive the evening. Feel free to come up with your own and share.

Here's to getting none of the players we wanted or expected :thumbsu: Enjoy the day!

Really hoping SPS gets though today. When he gets the ball things happen. Confident there is a decent chance of it happening, based purely on how many guessing games are going on this late in the piece. The 'experts' aren't even 100% sure on who will go number 1.

It's the bidding situation that makes things even more uncertain. How the f### would anyone know which clubs are bidding and at what pick? Seems like the kind of thing that clubs would use pretty strategically - not go telling journos or leaking that they probably won't bid.

So a bid for Bowes at 5 would be nice... Doesn't guarantee us SPS but takes a pick away from GC.

Can't wait till 4pm.

Really hoping SPS gets though today. When he gets the ball things happen. Confident there is a decent chance of it happening, based purely on how many guessing games are going on this late in the piece. The 'experts' aren't even 100% sure on who will go number 1.

It's the bidding situation that makes things even more uncertain. How the f### would anyone know which clubs are bidding and at what pick? Seems like the kind of thing that clubs would use pretty strategically - not go telling journos or leaking that they probably won't bid.

So a bid for Bowes at 5 would be nice... Doesn't guarantee us SPS but takes a pick away from GC.

Can't wait till 4pm.

SPS would be perfect if Hackdorn's right about Bennell.

The safest prediction on draft day is always the epic thermonuclear melt from Freo bigfootyers after Lloyd selects another skinny eastern states outside mid.

Draft day ruined with the news about Bennell and Neale. May as well sink the boot in while I'm down and draft English now...

Won't get SPS, may go English, won't get that Griffin Logue bloke or whatever he's called as I bet he goes surprisingly high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the first bit of that interview with Lloyd. Anything interesting about who we might be looking at?

Is it being streamed live on the AFL app? Soooo nervous
Yep - they're broadcasting it on the app.
I still haven't decided whether 6AW radio stream is a better option though. SEN is trash as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back