• No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I'm to busy thinking bout Priceys mum to care about this question

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I could also pretty confidently say that George Hill wont continue shooting 8% above his career field goal average, 10% above his career 3 point average, and 7 points more than his career average.

He had similar streaky stretches in Indiana, then regressed heavily both in-season, and season to season.

He goes back to even close to normal george hill, and Utah drop to league worst points per game.
He's consistently been an 80/45/38 guy which is still reasonable for a point guard.

Could be that Utah's spacing is better than what he previously had in Indiana

He's consistently been an 80/45/38 guy which is still reasonable for a point guard.

Could be that Utah's spacing is better than what he previously had in Indiana
His shooting percentages have always been reasonably consistent year by year, but he's currently shooting 83/53/48...Thats unsustainable for him.

His actual production is all over the place year by year aswell.

Pretty close to dead last in points per game

Means nothing, they play at the slowest pace in the league. Rank 13th in offensive efficiency, and that's with their two most important scorers missing large swathes of the season.

and the offense struggles to get any easy baskets.

This has historically been their major weakness, but they haven't had the squad depth that they enjoy now.

If they looked like getting a win against Toronto or Boston so far I'd be willing to accept that opinion.

Split their series with Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte and Boston last season.

Ranked 10th in SRS last season, rank 7th this season. Top 5 defence.

On track for 50 wins.

And you say they couldn't compete with any of the teams ranked 2-8 in the East? Surely you jest.

This is not a shock :D

If I'm Milwaukee, I take that. Last year there were some valid concerns over whether he & Giannis could co-exist in the half-court, but they've both really improved their efficiency, passing and long range shooting.

Still work to be done, but they'd have to be happy with his overall improvement.

Means nothing, they play at the slowest pace in the league. Rank 13th in offensive efficiency, and that's with their two most important scorers missing large swathes of the season.

This has historically been their major weakness, but they haven't had the squad depth that they enjoy now.

Split their series with Toronto, Atlanta, Charlotte and Boston last season.

Ranked 10th in SRS last season, rank 7th this season. Top 5 defence.

On track for 50 wins.

And you say they couldn't compete with any of the teams ranked 2-8 in the East? Surely you jest.

I don't think they would be able to match Boston or Toronto in a 7 game series. Atlanta is hard to put a finger on.

You mention their slow pace as a reason for their low scoring. That is by design, and is a result of the weakness of their roster creating its own offense. Hill, their most efficient scorer, is shooting ridiculous unsustainable numbers. When he regresses to the mean, they will be even worse at scoring the basketball.

In the playoffs when everything tightens up, you need guys who can be relied upon to create baskets for themselves. Boston and Toronto have more options on this front and are in a position to add more at the deadline. "Squad depth" also means nothing in the playoffs, when you're shortening the bench to 8 or 9 guys. Boston and toronto's 8 or 9 are stronger than Utah's.

I don't understand what is so hard to grasp with that opinion.

Hi Primetime Pricey :) Needs more Vincent Chase gifness
stewie griffen Interesting thread title after today, I Jimmy hanging with D.Rose, Just not showing up?
And as always * off Dez! And jod23 Scottie Pippen is not a top 50 player of all time
tumblr_lz376laNSq1qaygy7o1_500.jpg

I don't think they would be able to match Boston or Toronto in a 7 game series. Atlanta is hard to put a finger on.

The last time Boston won a playoff series Pierce, Allen & Garnett could actually walk, Jermaine O'Neal, Marquis Daniels, Mikael Pietrus and Chris Wilcox were still NBA players and Rondo was actually good. There is no logical evidence that suggests that the Celtics are that far ahead of the Jazz. None.

You mention their slow pace as a reason for their low scoring. That is by design, and is a result of the weakness of their roster creating its own offense.

Perhaps they play a slow pace to take advantage of their awesome defence? Slower pace means less opportunities for the opposition to get in transition, which means they get to employ their set defence more often.

Hill, their most efficient scorer, is shooting ridiculous unsustainable numbers. When he regresses to the mean, they will be even worse at scoring the basketball.

Last year they had a league average offence with Trey freaking Burke and Raul Neto running the offence.

Add Hill, Johnson, Diaw and potentially a healthy Burks to that nucleus and it's clear that they're better equipped to score. Are they going to blow teams away with their firepower? No, but that's not the same as being offensively inadequate.

For the record they're 8th in FG%, 8th in 3Pt%, 6th in getting to the free throw line, 8th in 3Pt rate and 7th in Effective FG%.

In the playoffs when everything tightens up, you need guys who can be relied upon to create baskets for themselves. Boston and Toronto have more options on this front and are in a position to add more at the deadline.

I count one shot creator on Boston's roster, two on Toronto's. Let us not confuse Boston's offence with Toronto's either, for the latter is better attested.

Many would say that defence is just as important as offence in the playoffs. By way of comparison

Offensive rating: Raptors (3rd), Celtics (7th), Jazz (13th)
Defensive rating: Jazz (4th), Celtics (19th), Raptors (21st)

Does one of these teams seem vastly inferior to the other two to you?

"Squad depth" also means nothing in the playoffs, when you're shortening the bench to 8 or 9 guys. Boston and toronto's 8 or 9 are stronger than Utah's.

You're saying that based on not much. By what metric is Boston's team undeniably stronger than Utah's?

I don't understand what is so hard to grasp with that opinion.

Opinions do not need to be grasped. Your contention is straightforward, but your argument is flimsy.

Your opinion is that the Jazz couldn't compete with the Celtics, Hornets, Hawks or whoever else in a playoff series. My opinion is that there exists absolutely no empirical evidence to support that assertion.

To say that one 50 win team has no chance against another 50 win team is just foolishness. If there were valid factors to take into account perhaps the case could be made, but there are none.

a utah-boston finals series would result in cardiac arrest at NBAHQ.

but old school boston fans will rejoice
Tim Thomas >>>> Dale Thomas >>>>>>> Isaiah Thomas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd back Utah over Boston in a 7 game series once they're healthy. Ridiculous to say they're next to no chance (paraphrasing).

Favors still isn't firing at 100% and once Burks is back that's a massive weapon off the bench.
I think this is the season Boston gets a playoff series win with this current unit, but yeah I'm not all that convinced about us comfortably beating a team like Utah (obviously we wouldn't play them unless we met in the finals).

The Thomas reliance is worrisome and the defence has been all over the place.

Perhaps if they faced either of those not on a long road trip and with a full complement of players we might actually see that

I mean based on a 2 game sample size i could say the Boston couldnt go the distance with OKC, but I dont doubt that they could

They did just lose to both of those teams last week.
Its not exactly a stretch to say they'd struggle over 7 games against them.

They've won 4 straight... against the power of hte Lakers, Nets, Sixers and Suns.

Could you find an easier 4 gameS?

Back