Game Day R.3 AFLW - Crows vs Carlton - 11.35AM Sunday Thebarton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

That was exciting, if frustrating at times! I was right alongside Phillips as she slotted that 60m bomb, amazing! She's been so valuable so far, thank goodness we were able to get her. The Crows look scrappy at times but damn it's hard to score against them! Only five goals against in three matches.

So scrappy that it was hard to pick a standout but Randall was a class above and I thought Thompson was very good.

Other than the Phillips goal, the Perkins ( :heart: ) tackle was the moment of the match for me :thumbsu: I felt so bad for her opponent, haha.
Yeah Randall was BOG for mine

Should have been called from the first quarter. Carlton have been playing like that all season. They block and hang on at stoppages and Phillips had her legs dragged down.

The one downside to this competition is the junior or lower level umpires who really need to learn about making decisions.
I missed the first quarter :p

it was obvious they were scragging the whole game, but good luck to them if they can get away with most of it. Had to call them out when one of them waved the boot in the face of one of our girls while she was lying on the ground though.

I missed the first quarter :p

it was obvious they were scragging the whole game, but good luck to them if they can get away with most of it. Had to call them out when one of them waved the boot in the face of one of our girls while she was lying on the ground though.

There was a kick to the stomach as well as the kick to the head.

I thought Goddard handled her Neil Craig Massie on Franklin moment well, and by that I mean she didn't hesitate to take Cox off Vescio after the latter began to show a distinct advantage in terms of pace. The quick Foley was a good choice too, as Vescio had minimal impact after the change was made.

I thought Goddard handled her Neil Craig Massie on Franklin moment well, and by that I mean she didn't hesitate to take Cox off Vescio after the latter began to show a distinct advantage in terms of pace. The quick Foley was a good choice too, as Vescio had minimal impact after the change was made.

Vescio only really had one more genuine shot on goal after that (which she missed), really good move :thumbsu:

Damn, she's a good player, though. Clean as a whistle with the mark, knows how to lead and can roost a big ball. Considering how important each goal is in AFLW she's super valuable.

The one downside to this competition is the junior or lower level umpires who really need to learn about making decisions.

Im curious as to where the umpires for the AFLW come from? In the two Crows home games, reckon I've maybe recognised one of the boundary umpires from the SANFL, the rest I've never seen before. SANFL u/18's or ammos perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was exciting, if frustrating at times! I was right alongside Phillips as she slotted that 60m bomb, amazing! She's been so valuable so far, thank goodness we were able to get her. The Crows look scrappy at times but damn it's hard to score against them! Only five goals against in three matches.

So scrappy that it was hard to pick a standout but Randall was a class above and I thought Thompson was very good.

Other than the Phillips goal, the Perkins ( ) tackle was the moment of the match for me :thumbsu: I felt so bad for her opponent, haha.
On the northern wing? We must've been near each other. Some lady yelling that she was going to win 5 dollars on the game lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

On the northern wing? We must've been near each other. Some lady yelling that she was going to win 5 dollars on the game lol.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeah, at that point I was. I moved around a fair bit but I came to the northern wing after 3/4 time.

Spent the first half on the eastern side of the ground and almost the entire match was played on the western side, haha.

The endeavour is definitely there, but the ball use by foot and the decision making is still very much below par.

I still enjoy watching the games, but it's only ever going to a side show and unfortunately I expect the interest will gradually decline in time
Tough conditions today though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back