Game Day R.3 AFLW - Crows vs Carlton - 11.35AM Sunday Thebarton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

so was Phillips overlooked in the marquee draft or did we manage to slip her past that one?

so was Phillips overlooked in the marquee draft or did we manage to slip her past that one?

The draft was kind of irrelevant for us anyway since players are able to nominate their state. She was able to choose us because she is South Australian or Collingwood because her dad played for them, she said she chose us because she was impressed by how serious the club was about doing it the right way.

What are people's thoughts on the Tayla Thorn bump to the head? I don't think it was a lot of force, but it still looked bad.

Well done girls, certainly doing the club proud.

Credit to the club for finding Randall, Philips and Marinoff who are such a formidable trio. It makes you wonder how Fremantle are doing so poorly with the talent pool available in WA compared to SA/NT.

The draft was kind of irrelevant for us anyway since players are able to nominate their state. She was able to choose us because she is South Australian or Collingwood because her dad played for them, she said she chose us because she was impressed by how serious the club was about doing it the right way.
I know the main draft worked like that, but the marquee players came first.

Anyone know why Jasmine Anderson isn't getting a game? Injured?
Fitness/skill level not up to scratch? She is the shortest player in the team (157cm or something like that, which is ridiculously short) and looks to be quite skinny, so it'd be interesting how she'd fair if she were in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dirt tactics from Carlton, was only a matter of time

Should have been called from the first quarter. Carlton have been playing like that all season. They block and hang on at stoppages and Phillips had her legs dragged down.

The one downside to this competition is the junior or lower level umpires who really need to learn about making decisions.

Thought we'd win by more as we came home with the wind in the last. We didn't play all that well, but points to the team for the way they persevere. Hopefully we roll Freo next week and go 4-0.

At the ground that wind was doing no side any favours! Nor the boundary umpires.

That was exciting, if frustrating at times! I was right alongside Phillips as she slotted that 60m bomb, amazing! She's been so valuable so far, thank goodness we were able to get her. The Crows look scrappy at times but damn it's hard to score against them! Only five goals against in three matches.

So scrappy that it was hard to pick a standout but Randall was a class above and I thought Thompson was very good.

Other than the Phillips goal, the Perkins ( :heart: ) tackle was the moment of the match for me :thumbsu: I felt so bad for her opponent, haha.

35 inside 50s to 18. The game overall wasn't as close as the scoreboard suggests.
Carlton had a few players that were standouts, but overall weren't great.
They dominated the hitouts for most of the game, which should have given them a big advantage, but we still won the clearances.
Davey going down injured for a quarter or so probably gave us a kick start that we needed.
Losing Gibson in the first possession of the game hurt our forward structure for the first half. Took a while to adjust.
Plenty that we need to work on and improve to stay as the number 1 team, but it's encouraging to beat Carlton when we didn't play overly well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back