State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

Should of picked an extra batsman given our keeper can't and we only need a draw
Harsh. He played a very important role in the last match by digging in and getting our lead to what it was. He's also 23, what were you expecting him to do, make three tons?

Harsh. He played a very important role in the last match by digging in and getting our lead to what it was. He's also 23, what were you expecting him to do, make three tons?

Nothing against him, if he is the best option he is the best option, but for team balance in a game where we need a big first innings score, we are a bat short with Christian at 6 and Gotch at 7. First half of year we had White at no7!

Nothing against him, if he is the best option he is the best option, but for team balance in a game where we need a big first innings score, we are a bat short with Christian at 6 and Gotch at 7. First half of year we had White at no7!
I still think you're being harsh.

We're chasing Tim ******* Ludespud? Oh for *s sake Victoria. Our first XI next year should be:

Dean
Harris
???
White
Finch (ugh, still prefer a young player here)
Christian
Gotch/Harper (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Tremain
Holland

Maxwell is a certainty to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're chasing Tim ******* Ludespud? Oh for ****s sake Victoria. Our first XI next year should be:

Dean
Harris
???
White
Christian
Gotch/Harper (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Tremain
Holland

No more Christian, he is 34, time to move him on, he can bow out with 3 straight shield titles

No more Christian, he is 34, time to move him on, he can bow out with 3 straight shield titles
If we're like that say goodbye to Finch too. Go full developmental. Try to poach Heazlett/Labuschagne from Queensland. Assuming Patto, Hank aren't playing most of the summer:

Dean
Harris
Heazlett/Labuschagne
White
??? (Short?)
??? (Blake Thomson?)
Gotch (+)
Hastings
Siddle
Tremain
Holland

We're chasing Tim ******* Ludespud? Oh for ****s sake Victoria. Our first XI next year should be:

Dean
Harris
???
White
Christian
Gotch/Harper (+)
Pattinson
Siddle
Tremain
Holland

I thought it was confirmed maxwell wasn't going anywhere anymore

I thought it was confirmed maxwell wasn't going anywhere anymore
Nah. They say it's gone quiet but a guy at CV says he's packed his bags. Unlikely to play for us again.

If we're like that say goodbye to Finch too. Go full developmental. Try to poach Heazlett/Labuschagne from Queensland. Assuming Patto, Hank aren't playing most of the summer:

Dean
Harris
Heazlett/Labuschagne
White
??? (Short?)
??? (Blake Thomson?)
Gotch (+)
Hastings
Siddle
Tremain
Holland

Finch is only 30, still playing for Australia. I would say Ian Holland is the logical replacement for Christian

But if you went full developmental wouldnt White be next to go?

Finch is only 30, still playing for Australia. I would say Ian Holland is the logical replacement for Christian

But if you went full developmental wouldnt White be next to go?
White is better than Finch and is in all likelihood going to be captain. He averages 5 more than Finch in FC cricket.

Agar any chance of heading back home?
I'm not on the agar bandwagon. Find him pretty overrated but could make his way back to Vic.

Agar any chance of heading back home?
I'm not on the agar bandwagon. Find him pretty overrated but could make his way back to Vic.
Nah. He's more likely to go to NSW or Queensland.

CV really considering taking eth dogs approach and developing a great bunch of kids.

We have a plethora of 20 - 24 year olds in grade cricket getting by hence why we haven't exposed them to the rigors of shield cricket consistently (Puckovski, Short, Gotch via necessity).

Apparently we want to go after a cheap enough batsmen but not ruling out an advance on a recent international.

Also said, Maxi may very well stay now that Wade is on his way home and is also playing test cricket again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back