State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

JFM Harvey Finch Maddinson Maxi Handscomb Harper Sutherland Pattinson Couch/Thornton Murphy. With Merlo and Short almost certainly dropped, might need to bowl Maxi 10 overs. I would prefer this to them dropping one of the kids at the top of the order. Otherwise drop Harper and get Pete to keep, playing an all-rounder.

JFM Harvey Finch Maddinson Maxi Handscomb Harper Sutherland Pattinson Couch/Thornton Murphy. With Merlo and Short almost certainly dropped, might need to bowl Maxi 10 overs. I would prefer this to them dropping one of the kids at the top of the order. Otherwise drop Harper and get Pete to keep, playing an all-rounder.
I think we're more likely to drop Harps for the One Day side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i see what they are doing with fraser but he has to much talent to be a slogger, love to see him slot into 4 or 5 let maxy open next summer in the one dayers. also no more harvey plzzzz

Not sure I'm in agreement with Finchy there. If the kids are good enough, they'll get a game over him without him having to step aside. I'm not overly convinced they are, just yet. Also, it is not "pointless" to play SS if Test cricket isn't a possibility, it might be a good format for him to play and find some form.

Finch, apart from a couple of years of really good form, was a pretty average shield player anyway.

Finals maths are interesting. We beat Tassie and it's hard for us to miss as that will take us to 28-29 points after 6 games, WA should beat NSW, but we're only 0.34 BP behind them.

If Queensland win their last game it'll take them to around 33 points from 9 games. So they need to win that and hope for results to go their way as far as us vs Tassie, WA vs NSW and WA vs us go.

Finchy will be better off following the cash around on the T20 circuit anyways.
Not really that much cash for Finch to make. The IPL don't want him and the Hundred had downgraded him to a less than 100k contract so he pulled out.

Not really that much cash for Finch to make. The IPL don't want him and the Hundred had downgraded him to a less than 100k contract so he pulled out.

Got the late call up to the IPL to replace Hales.

Not as much on offer for him at his peak but it’s good timing for him to go down the T20 mercenary route and make the most of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back